Why make a sequel when you can make a prequel?

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Diablo III could very well be a prequel to the first game, and it would be easy to make on top of that. I'de go into detail, but I forgot everything about the first game :-/ -- Anyone else think this is possible

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
That is probably what there gonna do, if anything. A fuxxed-up-crappy storyline to the sequal could be a killer.

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
This is a good idea, but they might not do that. When the worldstone was destroyed, then stuff happened and that stuff could make a sequel from diablo 2.

Sorry if i dont make sense, Im feeling kinda woozy now.

aphextwin

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
i'd be pretty pissed if they make it so that diablo "resurrected"

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
Now that ive actually thought about it, i dont really care much for the storyline. I just LOVE the game...

Anyway, if you can, check out this pic.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
What a crappy job.

BTW; That used in a sig is way over the limit,.

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
Is my signature too big? Please be a bit more specific whats wrong with my sig.

Ok now ive changed it.

drax

Member!
Reaction score
Here are the sizes on your sig:
Blue Orb = 8061 bytes, about 8 kb
Left Flame = 6441 bytes, about 6.5 kb
Diablo in Middle = 77121 bytes, about 77 kb
Right Flame = 6441 bytes, about 6.5 kb
Red Orb = 6260 bytes, about 6.2 kb

Total size: 104324 bytes, or about 104.3 kb. The maximum amount of kb you can have in your sig is 30. I suggest you lower your sig size by 70 kb before you get banned. You could just remove Diablo if you want to keep it, maybe replace him with a still image.

Anyway, back on topic: I kind of like the prequel idea. It could make for a better game then if they did it like a sequel.

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
I've tried to make my sig smaller now, but when I try to edit it, I click on submit modifications and all that stuff, but it just doesnt wanna work! :( It just thinks that i didnt do anything and its just staying the same! :(:( Someone help me before i get banned :(

Nevermind about that, it only seemed to work now that Ive made a post...:p

drax

Member!
Reaction score
Maybe you could turn the whole thing into one non-moving picture. That might work.

LordOfMars

Member!
Reaction score
I think the prequel idea definately has merit. There are plenty of earlier events eluded to in the storylines for Diablo I and II. When Diablo, Mephisto and Baal were first exiled from Hell, and were roaming the lands causing mayhem, the Horadrim had to go out and capture them, and imprison them in the soulstones.

It would be fun to have to track down the soulstones, battle the armies of baal and the rest, fight with the Horadrim to capture the demons and then imprison them, even knowing what would happen hundreds of years later.

It would also be fun to see ancient Lut Gholein, a prosperous Tristram, a vibrant Kurast before it fell into ruin, etc.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Eh, all I want, it some uber battle at the end of the game where you fight Meph, Baal, and Diablo all at the same time. That would be some wicked shit right there.

But yeah, in my mind, a Prequel has a lot more of a storyline (and character selection basis) than a Sequel would.

LordOfMars

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Grieving Mendacity
But yeah, in my mind, a Prequel has a lot more of a storyline (and character selection basis) than a Sequel would.
Either could be done well... if you have good writers and good game design, you can come up with something compelling in almost any situation.

But I agree a prequel would be an interesting twist, and an opportunity to explore the history and events which led up to Diablo I.

Diablo survived being imprisoned by the Horadrim. He survived the end of Diablo I. Who's to say he wouldn't survive Diablo II either? The Prime Evils are just that - Prime. They are primal forces of the universe, and very likely, they simply cannot be destroyed.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
If they were to make a prequel, would you rather it be about 3 years before tristram (Diablo II is 3 years after Diablo, right?) or sometime during the horadrim era and your goal was to actually defeat him to get him captured?

james_in_time

Member!
Reaction score
i dunno after the first time i beat d2 i didnt care about the story line at all but when i did i didnt care that much i just cared about items skills and building my char, dont get me wrong the storyline is still important

BlueCheeseKilla

Member!
Reaction score
Website
l33tsk83rs.vze.com
i think it might be cool to play as like the horadrim and tal rasha...etc, or to play on the other side and be the bad guys...ill probably get shot down for those ideas though...

IDefy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
They already are. It's coming out for gameboy and it's called Blackthorne or Blackthrone I don't remember.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Blackthorne isn't a prequel to Diablo....BTW; It's been out for a while now

likexx

Reaction score
back to the history in D3

A presequel should be a better idea than a straight line sequel.
However, because we already know what will happen in D1and D2, we will be lack of interest in a simple presequel.
So.....this is my idea.
After D2, the worldstone was destroyed, and people encontered serious problems in living, and there is something wrong with the world and cannot be solved. The hero tried to save the world, but he found all the problems were brought by Diablo and other evils. However, the evils never exist any more. The only way to solve the problems is to GO BACK TO HUNDREDS OF YEARS AGO AND CHANGE THE HISTORY.
Then the story begins......