Why Is My Warcraft III So Choppy? I have more than...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Like the title stated, why is my warcraft III so choppy? Im a very smart person with computers, I bought warcraft III awhile ago, I had 640MB of RAM, and a 1.5GHz Processor. I also had a 32MB Geforce 2 Video card. I didnt like the quality of the card, so I spent nearly 300$ in a New, Nvidia Geforce 6200 256MB card, and its still choppy!!! But not "as" choppy. What's going on? Theres like 10x more Video RAM than the box says it needs. Ugg, Im so P*ssed off, I spent 300$ for nothing, my Warcraft III RES. is at 1024x768x32, (I am no way turning it down) and everything else is at HIGH/ON. I need some assistance.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
High end system. But you seem to have a 1.5 Ghz processor. What brand is it?

Reaction score
Pent. 4. I dont get it, I nearly tripled everything it recomends. RAM, is 256, almost tripled that, CPU, I almost tripled that too, and the Video Card, I pretty much whent over board by that. I even knocked the Video Quality on my driver from "Quality" to "High Performance" I even turned Anti-Asiling and Filterning "off" it improved it a bit, but not by alot.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Perhaps the computer's too hot?

Reaction score
No, that wouldnt be it, I would know. I spent alot of money upgrading my old computer to be able to play warcraft III.

Before the Upgrades:
CPU: 1.5 Ghz. Pent.4
RAM: 128MB RAM
Video: 32MB Geforce 2

After the upgrades:
CPU: 1.5Ghz, pent.4
RAM: 640MB RAM
Video: 256MB Nvidia Geforce 6200

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I think it is, because, with a system like that wouldn't you have a better processor?.

OMGLOLWTFPWN

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
even if it is bottlenecking his system as a whole wc3 recommends less than half of that, it's not the problem. Do you play other games? Do they lag? Have you scanned for viruses lately? What settings is wc3 on? What kind of maps do you play?

aphextwin

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
i would have to say spyware :\ usually fux everything

Reaction score
Hmm, I'll scan for virueses. BTW, I usually play 2v2v2 kind of maps, once I did a 3v3v3 map, FUN! But so choppy. 1v1 are fine. I'll scan for virueses now. Any programs you guys recomend? Im using AntiVir, AdAware 6.0, and Spybot.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
It looks like your memory is getting eaten up and your computer is not perform to it's max

Also, remember the structure of most games in WCIII have only 2-4 players in the game. If your playing a 3v3v3 it is going to be harder, with 9 players with full armies.

Reaction score
But how is that happening? I did multiply virus scans, using multiple programs, and theres been only the average Cookie here and there.
I dont understand whats eating up my memory. Its very dumb, to have a nice 2005 video card, to be slowen down by a 2002/2003 game.

Reaction score
The RAM is a PC800 RDRAM.
For the video card the RAM is 400Mhz. Verts. per second is : 225 milion, and the fill rate is 1.2 billion texels a second and theres a 4 pixels per clock.

Reaction score
No, I dont understand it. Its almost as if Warcraft III just doesnt want to run. Every other 3D I play works fine.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
WarCraft III may not be very compatible with your system period. What kind of Motherboard and stuff do you use? My friend has this same problem with SC. Everything works fine but his SC simply sucks and his computer is better then mine and I run SC flawlessly.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Did you run Spybot, Search and Destroy?

OMGLOLWTFPWN

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
reinstall if it's the only one creating a problem. Remember to uninstall, then delete folder and reg keys before installing again. What other 3D games do you play that work fine? XP or 98?

Status
Not open for further replies.