Why is it that...

_JaKE

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
x42bn7 said:
Nintendo Exclusives is pretty much all the GC has.

edit: and lmao @ the thread starter for even mentioning killzone, what a shitty game.
Have you ever played killzone, how can you say that if you have!?!

Im really into getting a game called XIII, most people dont appreciate the graphics style, its the same as killer 7, veiwtiful joe, ect. but its a really old game, so its like 10 bucks, ill get that and splinter cell, which is also a 10 dollar game, that leaves me with spare cash to get geist possibly, or timesplitters. btw my friend got king kong for his psp, hes says it ****ing rawks.

edit
thats funny, when the snow hits a user name, you know, on the left, it like makes holes in it...lol?

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
_JaKE said:
Have you ever played killzone, how can you say that if you have!?!

Im really into getting a game called XIII, most people dont appreciate the graphics style, its the same as killer 7, veiwtiful joe, ect. but its a really old game, so its like 10 bucks, ill get that and splinter cell, which is also a 10 dollar game, that leaves me with spare cash to get geist possibly, or timesplitters. btw my friend got king kong for his psp, hes says it ****ing rawks.

edit
thats funny, when the snow hits a user name, you know, on the left, it like makes holes in it...lol?
Yeah i have killzone, and i honestly regret buying this pos. shitty AI + shitty controls almost made me puke. how can you prefer this over Halo? lmao :frustrate

_JaKE

Reaction score
THE AI SUCKS????????? wow, ok, u must be godly at fps to say the AI sucks.
in any case it doesnt matter, i happen to like it, you dont..there nothing to argue about anymore.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Revelade said:
So what do you think about Time Splitters 2?
I actually enjoyed that game, me and my friend beat it in co-op.

_JaKE

Reaction score
what about ts:future perfect, is that good or what?

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Never played it, so how would I know :(.

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
TSFP is like TS2, with some additions to mapmaker, a longer storymode and the actual gameplay itself like grenades, melee, etc. That's the problem however. It's TOO similar to TS2, to warrant a purchase. In someways, it even gets worse such as you can only have 8 players/bots on custom maps, unlike TS2, where you can have up to 14.

Save yourself $30 and stick with TS2. When TSFP drops in price to $20, then you might want to get it.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Kind of the notion behind most games. They may seem good, but you maybe want to wait when thier price depreciates to a point where they are easily buyable for thier worth. I aim towards playability. If I can play a game for a long time and enjoy it, even when I master it and no where everything is, then it is worth it.

Biske

Reaction score
JaKE, was it you that said you wanted to mod your GC? Well, I wouldn't. First of all, you can't download your games as with an Xbox, no place to put em. Second of all, although it's not reletivly an expensive process, it does carry a good amount of risk, and it's just plan not worth it. You'd have to copy the GC games, and burn them to a mini-DVD. Not sure, but is that a different format all together? But, if you werre to do the math, it'd be much cheaper to just buy the games.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Besides, those mini-DVDs are not buyable, you would have to sacrifice a game of your own to do the process in the first place.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
I stopped reading once there was a lot of long-post arguing going on...but I think I will help Pan with this one.

Ok, so if it is not a first person shooter due to the fact that you can lock on to targets, does that make Battlefront 2 something other than an FPS? I can just lock on instead of aiming, afterall. There IS an autoaim feature.

freak on a leash

Vresdesbyrd
Reaction score
But you still have to manually aim over the target before it is auto-aimed.

You can switch between 3rd and 1st in BF, and turn the auto-aim on/off.

Battlefront swings both ways.

But still, in any perspective, if you are seeing through the eyes of the character, 1st person.

If you use a projectile weapon, then it's a shooter.

1st-person shooter. FPS.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
freak on a leash said:
But still, in any perspective, if you are seeing through the eyes of the character, 1st person.

If you use a projectile weapon, then it's a shooter.

1st-person shooter. FPS.
You just described Metroid Prime.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
There are several points in Metroid Prime and Echoes that you have to manually aim to kill the enemy =/ Sometimes auto-aim just plain won't work.

In anycase, this is to something said earlier. There is a LinuxGC out there. What you have to do is network a hard-drive using the GC's LAN connection (a $30 component that is on a rather long waiting list...aka: hard to get). You can do this in one of two ways. You can network a computer directly to your GC or you can network a NHDD (network hard-drive), either way with a swithbox or WAN switchbox/router.

The NHDD is the far more expensive route. The NHDD, alone, costs $4-500. It, however, will allow you (after the first use) to network the GC directly to the NHDD without a PC intermidiary. The PC is required for at least the first use in either method, so it's easiest to describe its use along with the NHDD.

Once the LAN is hooked up and LinuxGC (if it even still exists...), you'll have to 'install' the OS (Operating System) to the hard-drive (NHDD) or memory card (PC/Switch, 1Gb+ card). Now (before any idiots butt in), this uses the concept that the WPP (Warp Pipe Project), in part or wholey, came up with. It uses the LAN adaptor to fool the GC into doing something it wasn't originally intent on doing.

As the GC has no built in permenant memory (beyond the calender and loaders), the external hard-drive has to be told how to use this networkable device. Using the memory card to store the OS requires that you use a computer everytime to 'boot up' this OS and use any installed programs or files. Using the NHDD only requires that the NHDD and switch be on and active.

Another trick is finding either a LAN or online game. I think there also has to be a certain glitch to exploit in the game... It's been a while since I did this (and I only did it once before deleting the OS...so don't ask me for it :xp I haven't had much luck searching for it, either. Then again...I'm infamous for 'losing' searches I've done sucessfully, before.). If I recall correctly, I used Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II and the NHDD method to install and boot LinuxGC.

Don't'cha love freeware and hackers for their ability to create things that weren't meant to be created? =/ In anycase, I have actually done this before... I just didn't find any use in it. XD Go fig, eh? When somebody begs the entire forums, it seems I'm the only one who recalled the exploit, and I can't direct any to it because I go and delete the requisite files and instructions. Heh. Maybe I'll actually go and keep stuff backed-up next time, eh?

You might be able to find the OS, or is it a pseudo-OS?, somewhere.

FYI: It will void your warranty to alter your GC in any way, and that includes software!

Oh XD I can't believe you don't think there are mini-DVDR or mini-DVDRWs to buy :p Here is a link for you ;)

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
First Person Shooter: A game where you see the action trough the eyes of the main character (or others), and you have a ranged weapon.

Metroid Prime is definetly an FPS. Yes, it can be considered an Adventure FPS, as much as Doom, Half-Life and Quake can.

_JaKE

Reaction score
cant you just send ur gc in to someone and get it modded for like 100 bucks?
that what my friend did for his ps2.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
_JaKE said:
cant you just send ur gc in to someone and get it modded for like 100 bucks?
that what my friend did for his ps2.
Good luck finding a person who is able to do that.