Why hate hitler or nazis?

Gedrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Actually one of the aims of the bolshevics was to pull Russia out of the war. A war which was taking a tremenous toll on Russia. Also to some degree the Tsar loyalist being slaughtered was spontaneous. The best example of which I heard so far I will repeat,

In the trenches typically there would be 2 shots fired which would be a little confusing to the germans that there were that few I suppose. This would be followed by a pole with whatever white could be attached to it waved in the air and some guy yelling who wants to trade shnops for vodka. The two shots were a small scale mutany, the officer and his lietenant. Appaerntly this happened often near the end of WWI for Russia. The men would now go home.

The bolshevics did not hide this aim, and interestingly enough some forces within the German army brought back Lenin out of exile back to Russia. Why? If there is a man that will not only sew chaos in your opponents ranks, but also try to get their country to end hostilities with yours why not? One less front to worry about. This is what happened too. Of course then the U.S. joined the war with fresh troops and fresh toys utilizing fast decisive positional warfare instead of attrition. The Zimmerman telegraph was a big part of the U.S.A.'s joining the war.

Besides Stalin was not even Lenins handpicked sucessor, Trotsky was. One has to wonder what would have happened if Trotsky took power instead of Lenin.

Jaden

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
argh when i said they killed ALOT of jews i didn't mean after the revolution i was speaking before hand. The things the russians did to Jews prior though also after world war one were disgusting!!! i wonder how many people the USA have killed since WW2??

Gedrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
We commited or tried to commit genocide on the american indians. This columbus fellow we revere so much was a vicious bastard though less so than cortez, but they were both monsters.

Btw are you speaking of pogroms? At the very least political discrimination of Jewes was still happening in the cold war and posibly after.

As for not being a super power until you have defeated genocide, I don't think that is the only determining factor. After all the U.S. really only became a super power after most of Europe bled away a lot of their rescources.

aphextwin

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
its just history..... i mean who talks about hitler anymore.... or even the japanese... im japanese and i feel sorry for the asians that got raped by us.... but i still cannot hate my own race so im pretty sure its the same for german ppl

Gedrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hating a race as a whole is silly, or a complete group of people. That is true, but hating an individual that I can do. Just like Schindler was technically a Nazi. You can say that 99.999%(dramatic example not to be taken literally) of Nazis were scum, but there is still that .001%

So anyway good point.

Minnesota

Reaction score
There are certain groups out there that are GOOD to hate, "teachers" would be a good example. Same with the morons who belong to a School Board. Along with the idiots who helped organize an education system

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Why I dislike Hitler and Nazis? Well, they're all about white supremacy.

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hey Hitsua perhaps we should throw you into a gas chamber alone with millions of innocent people that practice your same religion. but before that, i think i might just sit you down and execute the rest of your family while you watch. then ill throw you in a concentration camp while the kapos kick your ass and hang your friends and give you whippings on the back for breakfast.

sound fun?

maybe you should think before you speak, eh?

Minnesota

Reaction score
"Well, they're all about white supremacy." Problem with that?
"hey Hitsua perhaps we should throw you into a gas chamber alone with millions of innocent people that practice your same religion. but before that, i think i might just sit you down and execute the rest of your family while you watch. then ill throw you in a concentration camp while the kapos kick your ass and hang your friends and give you whippings on the back for breakfast.

sound fun?

maybe you should think before you speak, eh?"
Fine then, don't invite me.

Heh, Just kidding

Gedrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
There are certain groups out there that are GOOD to hate, "teachers" would be a good example. Same with the morons who belong to a School Board. Along with the idiots who helped organize an education system
The public education system is disorganized that's part of the problem.

Not all teachers are bad, but there are a lot of bad ones in the public school system.

I actually happen to like all but 2 of my college profesors. Tyhe lesson here is go to college where the teachers are professors, and the proffesors are good, if you get into a good school.

Jaden

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeh i was talking about "progroms" but it wasn't only these organised ones.. Jews were just randomly killed by neighbours etc. but that is the time period and main slaughters i am talking about.

I don't think anyone should hate their teachers. mainly cause i want to be one and i hate how no one respects them. its a hard job and in western countries we take education for granted so much. it really annoys me

And about Hitler being a Nazi.. maybe he was operating under the disguise of the uniform. but he didn't adhere to any Nazi principals really so i don't think he can be classifed as one. Hating germans is ridiculous. just like saying all Americans are part of the KKK. though more germans allowed the Nazis to become strong they still can't be hated for their nationality

The7thCircuit

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
KKK (Kukamonga Kracker Killas)

Whether or not you want to hate Hitler or Nazis is totally up to you, anyone who tells you hating is for the better is just beseeching you to take on their own standpoint, just make sure to get what happened straight.

So we can't really deny this fact over everything else, Hitler killed jews, ALLOT of jews, as well as the mentally ill/retarded, homosexual, gipsies and soforth. Sure that's enough reason to hate him for most, but for what reasons really? From my understanding it is because 'ol Adolf is depicted as inherently evil, having wanted to cause such atrocities to the human race since he was born.

Anyone ever mention that while in office this guy was not only identified as having serious mental issues, but Hitler also recieved DAILY doses of meth from his 'doctor' to keep him 'up to speed'. (no pun intended)

Also, sure what the nazis did was horrible, but it DEFINITELY wasn't the only kind of thing going on at the time, it was just one of the best documented. It is known that Japan at the same time also had a very similar "ethnic cleansing" program underway for jews and others to fall to the similar fate of their German counterparts. Only it is rumored that these killings were much more brutal (hard as it is to imagine) and potentially LARGER in numbers than the German's executed, just not documented like the nazi's did.

And of course, the US had it's own version of the concentration camps going with Japanese-American citizens stripped from their homes/businesses regardless of their known loyalty to the US and then after the war given what was usually only a fraction of what had been lost to the US government, not exactly on the same level as killing, but still can be viewed as immoral, and definitely suffering inducing...

And what about the US's bloody past ( as recent as this past actually is) regarding the Trail of Tears and the extermination of over 4,000 Native Americans while being forcefully moved into Oklahoma reservations resulting in even more deaths once they got there. Despite some resistance against the "Indian Removal Act" from historical figures such as a Davy Crockett , president Andrew Jackson swiftly signed this bill into law thus ordering the military action of any who opposed this forced move. Andrew Jackson is on the twenty dollar bill, how do we Americans justify this when he indirectly ordered thousands to their deaths?

So hate any of these people or not, they are who they are, and they did what they did...as they say "It's all in the presentation"

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
What's interesting about Andrew Jackson is that he's also one of the least popular presidents according history. He was "propogandized" as "King Andrew" the "Slayer of Lady Liberty". We certainly can't justify what he did, and I think popular opinion of the time shows that many didn't. However, modern history lessens show that Jackson furthered the economic structure of the US, and, therefore, is justified.
*mumbles something about "hating Economisist History"*

I don't think you'll find many to argue the point that Hitler had mental problems. What's odd though is his "genious" otherwise. He was unusually charismatic, and his methods of manipulation of the German public are almost unmatched in history, and I mean world history. I'd say his manipulation stands near, or even rivals, Napolean Bonapard (sp?).

I don't think you'll find anyone to argue against your point that every, and I mean every, country in the world has a bloody history. I do find it odd that I haven't heard of the ferocity of Japan's genocide policy. I had heard that, because their were reports of anti-Jew setiment, Hitler had personally invited the Japanese Empire in. That's also why Italy joined -- though Italy had Germany kill thier Jews. I believe Russia (USSR) also had a similar policy.

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i dont care what you guys say. but the hitler and the nazis are evil. anyone who doesnt think so should go to hell. have you guys even learned about the halocaust? you sound as if you are all 2nd graders without an once of wisdom.

ill give you a suggestion. read the book "Night" by Elie Wiesel. it won the Nobel Prize and it is one of the best books you will ever read. it takes you into the world of the halocaust and into the concentration camps by an author that lived through the experience himeself. maybe then you will see that giving hitler a break is insane.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I read Night and watched the movie. I'm also a college student. Hitler is evil, Nazis are evil, and the Schwatzica was improperly used (tilted 45 degrees to get the Nazi symbol). What I believe the last guy was trying to say is that there is/was more evil than just that.

FYI: This thread started in the Asylum. Those who started it were, essentially, "playing the devil's advocate" in saying that they weren't evil, and that we've just stereotyped Hitler and his band (Nazis).

Perhaps, though, some would be more pleased if we said "Third Reich" instead of "Nazi". I do think of the Nazis as evil. Same as Muslini and his group. The same thing also goes for, at least, parts of the Japanese Empire. (Also Stalin and his group)

Gedrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
One point I must force in here. Hitler was not as brilliant as he was portrayed. The third reich was not as ordered as thought either. He had a lot of help from some talented, but still evil people.

Much of what is credited as his ideas were not his.

I mean take a look at the only conflict that he personally oversaw, the beer hall putch (forgive my mispelling if any will try to correct whne I have more time). Interestingly enough one of Hitlers closest friends was homosexual. He was later executed, but a lot of evidence points to a conspiracy.

If memory serves correctly which it most often does not a really interesting book on the third reich was the Order of the deaths head. If I have the wrong book, I will correct this post later. Intimidating in its length, but very readable, if you are ever on a long trip could be a good read. Incidentally I procrastinated and had to read the entire thin in two weekends much too short a time.

I would like to say this one last time for emphasis, much of what occured is evil, one cannot justify one evil act with another. Or in more biblical terms evil begets evil. (If i spelled it right good, later I will check it, but now i need some sleep)

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Actually I'd tend to agree. The only thing Hitler really had was his charisma. I was stating, however, that he was a genious of an insane guy -- which is not actually saying much. He never listened to his tactical advisors giving much better advice. If he had, North Africa would have been secured, and the invasion from the South would have not succeeded, cutting forces in half (from the US/UK side).

Evil Begets Evil. Two Wrongs Do Not A Right Make. No matter how you put it; it's true. Not many will say that dropping the bombs on Japan was right. THE MILITARY AT THE TIME REGRETTED IT!! What I will say, however, is that it may have been the only way to end the war without killing everyone in Japan. What it showed was a resolution to win the war, no matter what. That was something the Japanese, at the time, did not think we would be willig to do.

Hence: It would be like a mouse fighting a cat when cornered. The mouse, surprisingly, would win. You can bet, after Hitler and Musilini fell, the US wasn't going to lose to, parden the phrase, a backstabber. NOTE: Backstabber as in one who sneaks a blow.

FYI: I know all the facts surrounding Pearl Harbor. There was warning, but the warning got "tangled" up, so to speak. Also, the commander who led the attack had this to say {pardon the paraphrase}:

If we attack this sleeping giant, we will lose more than our pride.

It was basically "warrior" talk for: "I don't like this plan. We will lose our way of life, and we will lose our enemy's respect." He essentially said that, no matter what, he would do it, but he hated having to do it. I believe he was one of the first casualties to kamikaze plane runs. If I remember correctly, he did as he ordered his troops: "If you run out of fuel, crash your plan into the enemy's ships."

BACK TO HITLER:

Yeah... He was evil... Nazism and the Nazis were evil. Their defense of "I was ordered to" does not cut it. I believe all must be held culpible of their actions, orders or not. You always have the ability to refuse. Though some may disagree with that statement... Yeah... I just don't like the Nuremburg Defense.

TheRisingSun

Member!
Reaction score
Website
none
from what i reconsile, most charismatically poplular/powerful people that go on to govern/rule end up tryin to beat people...look at france!