Why dota?

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
its supposedly best custom which really isnt, its pretty boring.

Cheap rip off from AoS of course.

BlueHaze

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The map was created by Eul(Love him) not too long after Wc3 came out, Eul made around 10 versions and there are literally hundreds made.

The game is competetive and complex, it has team play and the possibility of becoming a god among chars. it appeals to a wide variety of players and the most important thing is that each game can differ from the next so dramatically, more so than wc3 itself in my opinion.

A fortiori

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
icastbigspells said:
Why do people like dota so much?
Because they are too newb to play the real game.

Or because it does have some slight, obscene, unbalanced tactics. It also allows good players to think of how badly balancing a game can be. :)*

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
x42bn6 said:
Because they are too newb to play the real game.

Or because it does have some slight, obscene, unbalanced tactics. It also allows good players to think of how badly balancing a game can be. :)*
Nah, I have friends good at both solo and DotA. You know (or you don't) there are dota tourneys and good players who join public games 'dota -ar PRO!' makes good stats like 20:3 with any hero. I have seen players becoming lvl 5 and lvl 6 for so little, time, killing with some heroes whp suck in general.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
It was a multi-interactive map using custom models, skins, icons and spells written by custom trigger. People just play it because other people play it, I am actually pretty bored of it; I play Melee games which is all the fun I need.

BlueHaze

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
x42bn6 said:
too newb to play the real game.

Or because it does have some slight, obscene, unbalanced tactics. It also allows good players to think of how badly balancing a game can be. :)*[/color][/font]
the balancing in Dota Allstars is awesome, have you ever tried to make a balanced strife map? it's brutal. when people think some hero is overdone its because they've allowed unforseen variables to slip from their attention!

The normal game is way more annoying than Dota itself. the game isnt an RTS, its an RPG with lots of micro-management!

A fortiori

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
There was a DOTA before Allstars? ;)

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Yes, DOTA 3.6. It involved Custom Skins and edited skills. IT wasn't an allstars, but it was an easy to load RoC equivalent.

morbidgolem

Member!
Reaction score
What are all of you talking about?
DotA is fun because unlike the normal Warcraft 3:Frozen Throne in which you have a whole army full of various little guys that you gotta tactfully and strategically control, in DotA however, you can properly concentrate on 1 heroe's personal abilities without any inferior distractions. This way each hero is a complex mix of strategy and tactics for be used strategically and tactfully. (Sorry bout the lack of synonyms and word originality)

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I am talking about DOTA for Reign of Chaos. It was roughly v3 and lower for these.