Why do you like your race of choice?

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
Why does Hellwolf Person like Orcs? I'd sure like to know. I usually wonder why people pick a race and stick with it beyond the ''this race has good imbal itll win me lots of rankz lol'' and the like. I'm sure some of you know what I mean. Post why you choose to play the race that you play the most other then the normal reasons of winning or losing. Is there a reason for it? :)

Well, before I quit WC for Diablo II (Early early last year) I was mostly an UD/NE Player. Back when Statues were first coming out and everyone was bitching about them. I didn't know what micromanaging meant or any of that stuff. I just built stuff and tried to win basically. I loved the UD because they're evil and demonic. But even more, I loved the Night Elves because it's like a warrior womans race. You have Archers, I love ranged units. Then you have Huntresses, and a female hero who is also an Archer. And then one day, (when I first started playing) I made a Demon Hunter and he became a good favorite. ^^

Night Elves are just really shadowy, more so then the Undead I think. That's probably why I like them so much. :)
I like to play random because I consider all the races to be equal, I get boured if I play only one race.
In the important matches I play human or undead.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Random also adds the unexpectedness to the game. You be up against any opponent without knowing it.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
yeah, but usually a worker unit is sent at the beginning to reveal the opponent.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
As always, this isn't Starcraft where you can wait for your opponents to come to you with an army of guards and mutas. Find out where they are and gut them first.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
almost exactly what I said in the post above me.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Undead are a pain for Night Elf. Ghouls aren't really the problem, its the cfs that usually come with the hero. Hunts take more damage from fiends, and ffing will bring down many of your hard earned units.

Harris.On.Rento

Member!
Reaction score
at tier2, when fiends get burrow, they own hunts so bad. i mean.. if they nelf has forgotten dust =D btw, am I wrong if I say that nelf shop is the least used? I mean at other races you build shop of course... but I think if some players don't build shop, they're night elf players... or total noobs :)

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Oh you can use hunts, but you need to take into advanced gameplay or micro to kill them.

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Harris.On.Rento said:
at tier2, when fiends get burrow, they own hunts so bad. i mean.. if they nelf has forgotten dust =D btw, am I wrong if I say that nelf shop is the least used? I mean at other races you build shop of course... but I think if some players don't build shop, they're night elf players... or total noobs :)
No, most ne players build a shop. It has the staff of preservation in it.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
And the anti-magic potion which is actually useful when used at the right time.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
Which is why scouting and rushing helps. :wavey
yeah, that is what I said also, but there is a small advantage because it takes about a min or 2 until u reveal the enemie's race ,using a worker, and than to think at a strategy.
until u reveal your opponent rushing is definitely out of the picture.

IceDevil9

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.rcthaven.com
Meh, I play Random mostly, so I have no preference. If I play a single race, it's merely to get enough wins for an icon.

-Frank :cool:

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I do that, except now I have 8 icons and I am having a hard time which one to pick :(

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Last night and this morning, I played with Orcs, Night Elves, and Undead. So far, I'm liking Orcs the most, with Night Elves in far behind (Since controlling archers will take some time to get used to.) I haven't tried humans yet though...

pesho_h_k

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
In the SC/BW days was a Terran player ...
In the WC2 days -> i played Humans ...

So, nowadays, I'm a Human player ...
It's a Habit ... but a good one ;)

And its not boring; actually -> there is ALLWAYS someone, who beats you ... and that stimulates you to be better next time :-/
and the time after the Next time ... and so on, and so far :rolleyes

And at last, but not least - this is the most normal, (least insane, according to most of my fiends) - race.
(Just the opposite of the "horrible, ugly, disgusting" UD :nooob )