Why do you like your race of choice?

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Why does Hellwolf Person like Orcs? I'd sure like to know. I usually wonder why people pick a race and stick with it beyond the ''this race has good imbal itll win me lots of rankz lol'' and the like. I'm sure some of you know what I mean. Post why you choose to play the race that you play the most other then the normal reasons of winning or losing. Is there a reason for it? :)

Well, before I quit WC for Diablo II (Early early last year) I was mostly an UD/NE Player. Back when Statues were first coming out and everyone was bitching about them. I didn't know what micromanaging meant or any of that stuff. I just built stuff and tried to win basically. I loved the UD because they're evil and demonic. But even more, I loved the Night Elves because it's like a warrior womans race. You have Archers, I love ranged units. Then you have Huntresses, and a female hero who is also an Archer. And then one day, (when I first started playing) I made a Demon Hunter and he became a good favorite. ^^

Night Elves are just really shadowy, more so then the Undead I think. That's probably why I like them so much. :)

Zerglite

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
when i started, i played NE

but later on i went more human

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Undead. Basicly thier a well designed, well thought out race. I love all the units, they have the best variety to choose from, and they look the coolest. The heros are fun to use, and offer a fair variety, compared to alot of other races that use only one to win. (if anyone mentions DK, may I remind you that the CL and DL are used just as often to win).

In the end, I started off with the weakest race there was, and as I got good with the underdog, Blizzard buffed Undead to equality which put me ahead of most people. If you ever want to get goo,d learn to win with a handicap, then on even terrain your set.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Human. On BW i didnt play with terran but with protoss so this is not the reason. I had played Warcraft 2 human campaign shortly before i started RoC campaign. I chose Human because the casters with blizzard, polymorph and invis where very powerful (omg mass blizzard =gg) and since i like mages from RPGs/MMoRPGs (Diablo 2 LoD - Druid lvl 80 and Sorceress lvl 60, other RPGs- wizards..) to startegies, i chose to continue this race full of casters on war3 RoC. I've always stuck to 1 race on BW, Roc, war2 and now war3 TFT. Im glad that im Human because it was later that i learned the best Human in the world with highest skill, micro from humans - SK.Insomnia is the Bulgarian's most skilled player and is Human too. Now that the other 3 races are afraid of Human i can be even more happy.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Funn,y I always played Terrans in Starcraft, dispised Zerg, and only mildly liked Protoss.

It's funny when I started war III I dispised Humans, and loved the undead.

Zerglite

Reaction score
the humilation i faced when i first played UD is something i wish never to repeat, so i have sence abandoned all thought of playing them

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
i have an elf fetish so i play NE.

aphextwin

Reaction score
hu cuz its the easiest to scout with :\

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
To answer your question. It was difficult deciding on what races to play as. So I tried each race. Then I learned of the awesomeness of raiders and many other orc units. So I started to master orc as best as I can. Orc has many units I like as well, like Troll Witch Doctors, Raiders (obvious), etc.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Pan said:
Funn,y I always played Terrans in Starcraft, dispised Zerg, and only mildly liked Protoss.

It's funny when I started war III I dispised Humans, and loved the undead.
Yes it seems what race you have played in BW doesnt matter, although Zerg and UD have similarities (creep and blight, the evil race) and terran and Humans as human races. If hadnt wasted my time to play vs comps during the 1st years of RoC and then hadnt played the noob RT on Azeroth until April 2004 i would have been a pro in solo now.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Starcraft taught you nothing. I couldn't even micro in that because every unit had a lifespan of like 5 seconds in battle.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes in BW units died much faster and i didnt know you could micro in this game. When i played with friends we just made limits and the best counter won.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Plus, the only time you could micro was:

A) the player had brain cells to do it, yet alone know what it means
B) it was like 1 hydra attacking 1 gol
C) you have to lockdown an army of carriers or do a button action.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Hellwolf_36 said:
To answer your question. It was difficult deciding on what races to play as. So I tried each race. Then I learned of the awesomeness of raiders and many other orc units. So I started to master orc as best as I can. Orc has many units I like as well, like Troll Witch Doctors, Raiders (obvious), etc.
Ok I get it now, I'll try the same thing with Night Elves, and if it doesn't work, then I'll try another race. :)

Octopor

your whole family is made of meat
Reaction score
I suck at all of them, but I secretly love NE (Why? Because they're so damn awesome). <3

Reaction score
The Race I'd say I like the most is either Undead or Human. Human are really fun and I say easy to use, but there farm system is CRAPPY!!!!!!! Undead however look really cool(especially in purple) and make really good use of there farms. Also, I find a Huge use for the spells of the heros.

Zerglite

Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
Ok I get it now, I'll try the same thing with Night Elves, and if it doesn't work, then I'll try another race. :)
when you get it we can play against eachother and both get better!

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Well, if he beats your ass. You will know how to beat him next time.