Why do ppl pick terren/protoss over zerg

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerotailz

Reaction score
Website
geocities.com
nice pic

anyway they pick them over zerg cuz zergs units look ugly (dt go kill that lurk)
and because they have really bad attack and everything comes from one buildding

Darkzero190

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.unitedmarines.cjb.net
zerg is ok

(thanx took awhile to get a pic of evilzero) the zerg race is a good race but the only thing is the creep nothing wrong with all units coming out fom 1 building(cept u nuke it bye bye army, dats y u build more then 1) if there was'nt any creep to hold back the zerg the zerg mihgt of been better then the terren.

tassadar920

Member!
Reaction score
actually..i like zerg quite a bit (play a lot with em) but, most people look down on them because its hard to get a good army with them... their units are weak and actually cost more than they should compared with other units...

2 hydras = 150 mins 50 gas, 2 zealots = 200 mins... which wins? the zealots.

unless zerg use a LOT of micro'ing they will mostly lose in a min/gas fight. Especially on money maps they lose, they can get an army of 200 hydras, but the enemy can get an army of 200 dragoons, who wins? the dragoons.

Darkzero190

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.unitedmarines.cjb.net
Good point zerotails and tassadar. i think protoss aew the best race cuz everythings faster but the pylons are the weak point all u gotta do is destroy all the pylons and protoss are gone just like zerg destroy the hacthury and zerg go bye bye. so mayb terren are then best?

tassadar920

Member!
Reaction score
yes protoss are techincally the best, but they are also the easiest to play with...

Terran - first you ever use, medium strenght, not much micro/macro needde to use.
Protoss - hardest race to understand clearly, but very easy to play with if your not using their spec uints, (high temp, arbiter, obs) needs little macro/micro on $maps but requires much more on maps with limits to what you can do because of their high cost.
Zerg - the easiest race to understand but the hardest race to use, no matter what map, and no matter what size your army is, ayou need to micro manage your units like a mad duck.

betaalpha5

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well i don't like zerg very much becuase i find it kinda hard to make and control units sometimes. like if u had ur limit of 200 units and all of them are lings then uahve 400 of them which can be kinda weird to figure out where they all are.
reason why i think zerg are not that good
1. unlike the other 2, zerg units can't cloak and even if u use the swarm they only help the ppl on the ground which can be a good things but once things guys go outside of the area and/or those things goes away they are dead. claoking units eirther stay cloaked (DT obsever) or shows when when they are almost out of energy (ghost wraiths) u don't really know when the swarm will go away and when it does eirther the enemy is totally gone or ur dead becuase u are out of defler energy
2. none of their buildings really do anything special terren ahve their comsat to spy on ppl and the toss have the canons which severs as a multi task weapon and dectector
3. the creep really gives away ur position since they creep goes father than most of the other things can see u could cannon rush or make lots of bunkers too fight them off. building a bunker right next to the creep shows u where they might go and u could stop expo since they can't get out becuase they are trapped and/or they don't have enough room to upgrade

those are my reasons and about the how just desotry the pylons then they would be in trouble. well that is why most ppl build more than 1 so that the enrgy would overlap

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
then grab some gols to kill the guards bats and medics tok ill hydra and maybe some rines and they are gone
have goons to attack the guards while zeal attack the hydra then when thingsseems to be going bad recharge sheilds

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Originally posted by Darkzero190
why do ppl pick terren/protoss over zerg:confused: :confused: :confused:
Why do people pick Zerg over Terran or Protoss?

What you are saying is pretty naive, they obviously pick them because they like them and are good at that team. Isn't it obvious?

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hehe

but the only thing better bout zerg then terren is the sunken and bunkers
for bunks to work u really do need ppl inside while for the zerg get a creep coloney then upgrade them to suken. u don't need any men to be inside and the creep would expo so u could build more

Geamanu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
They are specialized on terran and toss or tend to be, this would probably be cause it's easier to win with them on a beginner-medium level.
For a higher level of gameplay all 3 races ar ballanced, zerg is especialy dangerous on counter-atack as they can build their forces much faster than T or P (could be used as a strat).
Zerg also keeps it simple.Quite an advantage considering the amount of units toss and terran have.
Oh and mass hydra + 15 guards don't own mass goons + sairs.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Actually, I favor toss and zerg over terran, but I play as all three.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i've been a good toss player but riht now i'm trying terren whe nitried zerg my god my lings got murdered and some of my units

Damouse

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i think ppl are narrow mindinded and will try to convince you that a race is better and like toss bcuz the think its better (like me!)
but really. all the races are pretty much balanced.

and cant help beta alph, never ceen it. ill tell u if i do.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Damouse, that made no sense! Try and make what you say coherent, or there really isn't any point in posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.