Why do people like DOTA so much?

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
He used to be extremely good. I used to watch his replays where he would sack bases with just DH/Hunt abuse & harassment.

Then afterwards, he discovered DotA, and his skills moved there.

Now, he doesn't really play the game anymore, well maybe DotA.

I personally don't blame him. However, I have a computer in my brain that makes me remember every game I played well and a lot of. I can go back to Castlevania: LoD after 3 years and still beat it on Normal/Hard with any character. Or in this case, wc3 Melee.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Why do people like DOTA so much?
because people have different tastes that you? Holy shit, I'm a genius

ChrisH36

Reaction score

EmawWyvern

EmawWyvern
Reaction score
DotA stands for Defense of the Ancients. There is somewhat an easy learning curve, you just have to have common sense, such as... don't tank the creeps all day for no reason, try not to get hit by tower, notice what heroes are missing, etc.

If you have any questions, post them here. :)

But @ thread title: they like it cause it is popular so they want to play a popular game AND it takes little to no skill to control 1 hero all day. Sorry if i contradicted myself lol.
Ive beat a DOTA game in 30 minutes and it was only my 8th or so time playing, it was 3v3, but im not bragging, I thought DOTA was fun for the first 10 plays or so, but it got deathly boring after that, and I started playing custom games like castle fight, and footman frenzy, which are fun for much longer periods of time, I don't even see DOTA as a challenge, just tank creeps for 15 minutes with an ally then storm their base and take out the World Tree/Frozen throne, games like pudge wars, defend the lich king, and raccoon wars own those types of games by a mile.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
dota is addicting especially if you have companions playing with you. its just fun owning someone else in this game. my only complain is some heroes are just imbalance like luna and mirana.

we have a gaming cafe near our school that have 150 plus computers and all students only plays dota. its always 5on5 and you get to fight noobs and pro skilled players randomly.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Ive beat a DOTA game in 30 minutes and it was only my 8th or so time playing, it was 3v3, but im not bragging, I thought DOTA was fun for the first 10 plays or so, but it got deathly boring after that, and I started playing custom games like castle fight, and footman frenzy, which are fun for much longer periods of time, I don't even see DOTA as a challenge, just tank creeps for 15 minutes with an ally then storm their base and take out the World Tree/Frozen throne, games like pudge wars, defend the lich king, and raccoon wars own those types of games by a mile.

Defend the Lich King was ALSO gay. All you needed to do was mass Glaive Throwers/Siege or air or a buffed hero and you could GG anything.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
I don't know why DOTA is addicting. If I were the general playerbase I would hate the game. Always losing to me would grow pretty tiring and annoying. Good thing I'm awesome and can't lose to myself. :D

ChrisH36

Reaction score
The only thing I respect DotA for is its the pinnacle of what anyone can do with the Wc3 Map Editor program, with regards to custom jobs and JASS.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
i usually also owns in dota thats why i love playing it. back then when there was still a purchasable aegis i usually can go up to 20 kills or more in real 5on5 games.

whats your highest kill in dota on 5on5 team game?

honestly, my top kill was 36 using leshrac with 3 used aegis(purchasable).

i like to know how to make item recipe for an item like in dota for my custom wc3 rpg diablo kind of game map. dota has got to be one of the best ums map in wc3 if not the best. ^^

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
I think I hit into the 40s with an aegis/rapier combo'd Clinkz back in the day. Getting a lot of kills with carry heroes was extremely easy when Aegis was craftable. It was an awesome item. It also made push heroes extremely imbalanced. A krobelus with Boots of travel, Guinsoo, and multiple Aegis was unstoppable.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
40? wow thats sick. you beat me.

i never thought the old aegis was imbalanced till lately.

i always give lina inverse multiple aegis after i finish travel+scepter+dagger. sometimes i go for the heart of tarrasque for my final item. and thats why i usually get 15 or more kills with her in the past.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Yeah. It was a long game. If I remember right they had a lot of disable and my team was worthless. I likely won the game by backdooring. Cheap strategy, but it's last ditch and legit.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
^ yeah i just went straight to the enemies tower/frozaen throne/tree using sven with god strength on. funny thing is only a couple of my 5 enemies were complaning. it was defintely legit.

i was like "why do you need to be with your creeps to destroy towers if you can do it yourself." lol

Theroy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Alot of Dota Players compare themselves to SC players. Dota players sorry but DOTA is a no skill game.. That I don't find fun.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
no skill game? can you explain further? coz even though your just controlling only a single unit, thats all it is, if you get killed its over. so you need all the skills to control this single hero to win games.