Why do drugs?

FakeNameHere

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Originally posted by RoaCh Of DisCord
I edited above and added more. Using drugs isn't always bad.

Think of it this way.

You can smoke a few ciggarettes, every once in a while (not often). Chances are, you'll be fine. Nothing will happen to you.

You can smoke a pack a day, and get lung cancer.

Why?

Because you abused the drug.

If I go by your logic Hitsua, doing anything bad is an invitation to your death bed.

I'm sure you eat food. Correct? Read above @ my mcdonalds example. Anything can be abused.
smoking once acctualy DOES do damage, it still leaved damage inside. and yes it is cancerous.

raDixGhost

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.gamers2k4.com
Re: Re: Why do drugs?

Originally posted by AvalonX
Because the fools that do ‘em can’t handle the little pressure of the modern day life, it is kinda sad .:(
No way, thats is totally wrong. You can go ahead and argue "peer pressure" or whatever but the reality is that you dont have to do anything you dont want to. Not many people i know did it because "life is too though," the truth is i moved to this rich preppy community 2 years ago, and there are as many people who do drugs here as the town in NY i used to live in , if not mroe. They dont have many pressures, not in family or in money, or social issues. They just do it cuz they want to experiment, have fun.

BH_Naft

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
^^^thread hijacking

Ok then, Miss Cleo.
*bows*

even a little bit becomes addictive, otherwise no one would ever smoke weed more than every now and then....the stimulants(chemicals that give your brain a "high" (high=chemically good time for your brain)) make your mind think "hey, thats pretty fun. i like having fun, so ill do it again some time".

everyday proof of that fact: Say you go out and have a good, drug-free time with your friends, lots of laughing and such. when you laugh and are happy, etc. your body releases endorphins, which give your brain a "high". your brain enjoys this high, so you want to go out with your friends again. The more you go out, the more you want to, and if you dont, you feel it. Lonely, etc.

drugs do the same thing, just on a higher order of magnitude.

No way, thats is totally wrong. You can go ahead and argue "peer pressure" or whatever but the reality is that you dont have to do anything you dont want to. Not many people i know did it because "life is too though," the truth is i moved to this rich preppy community 2 years ago, and there are as many people who do drugs here as the town in NY i used to live in , if not mroe. They dont have many pressures, not in family or in money, or social issues. They just do it cuz they want to experiment, have fun.
not PEER pressure, life pressure, stress, etc. big difference. drugs are an escape.

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Any Health book in the world will tell you Bud is not addictive, their is a diffrence between wanting to do something because its fun and having to do something because otherwise you cant function...

And yes tweak Cigs give you a nice buzz...
So if you dont hav etime to light a bowl before school you can smoke a cig or two on the way.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
I edited above and added more. Using drugs isn't always bad.

Think of it this way.

You can smoke a few ciggarettes, every once in a while (not often). Chances are, you'll be fine. Nothing will happen to you.

You can smoke a pack a day, and get lung cancer.

Why?

Because you abused the drug.

If I go by your logic Hitsua, doing anything bad is an invitation to your death bed.

I'm sure you eat food. Correct? Read above @ my mcdonalds example. Anything can be abused.
The real problem with cigs is that they are HIGHLY addictive. Using them in small quantaties becomes impossible when you are hooked. It is the same with many other drugs....and most of the time people don't have enough self control to stop. Smoking in general is a bad thing, never even make it sound like a good thing.

-MatriX-

R{S}T
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
First of all... Besides for making money, why the **** did anyone ever start producing drugs?

[COLOR=004400]-[/COLOR][COLOR=006600]M[/COLOR][COLOR=008800]a[/COLOR][COLOR=00AA00]tr[/COLOR][COLOR=00CC00]i[/COLOR][COLOR=00EE00]x[/COLOR][COLOR=00FF00]-[/COLOR]​

ApocalypseCOW

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by -Matrix-
First of all... Besides for making money, why the **** did anyone ever start producing drugs?

[COLOR=004400]-[/COLOR][COLOR=006600]M[/COLOR][COLOR=008800]a[/COLOR][COLOR=00AA00]tr[/COLOR][COLOR=00CC00]i[/COLOR][COLOR=00EE00]x[/COLOR][COLOR=00FF00]-[/COLOR]​

IT WAS MEDICAL drugs that were addictive duh

dust601

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
the only reason pot was made illigal is back when they banned alchohal in us alot of people started smoking it. and the government didn't like that they didn't do tests and find out it was bad for you they had no reason to make it illegal except that they couldn't make any money from it. the means of how they got it illegalized they made commericals sayin pot made you crazy i.e. it showed a boy with a fryin pan beat his mom to death then he goes "on not the drugs made me crazy and i killed my mom" so first off i think that its bullshit that its illegal from a load of mis information. and by the way whoever said cigs give you a buzz LMAO @ u dude

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
Dude, cigs can give you a buzz. Especially if you don't smoke all that often.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
To smoke weed legally in Canada, you have to consult with the government and have proof that you need to buy it. It is used for medicinal properties, but usually the Chinese work around that.

Minnesota

Reaction score
They sneak around every damn obsticle they can.

Everyone knows smoking weed is cool, aight?

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
I live in a drug city man, one time I kicked a beer can a few blocks down from my house and it had like 9-10 pot butts.

AxL

Buggin' Out
Reaction score
Drugs, in the long term ruin your life (in all spects imo). My brother was a drug addict and he wished he never touched the stuff.

dust601

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
depends on the drug
depends on the frequency of use
some drugs can have a positive influence on you...
but over-using any drug or abusing will **** you in the end

Miss

Member!
Reaction score
People do drugs to escape realility and get away from all the real problems. When people are depressed etc... they turn on their last resort and smoke a few. I think its stupid too, but for some people and alot with issues its their way of tunning out.

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
Not sure if this was mentioned before...

Marajuana (sp?), cocaine, steriods, and other drugs began as medicine. Later on, people found out about the side effects, and some bastardic idiots began to abuse those side effects (or effects) for their own pleasure. Your friendly neighborhood FDA and US Government found out, and banned over usage... blah blah blah.

To make a long story short, people use drugs to feel good. Others use it for medical purposes, but overdose themselves (poor fools). Even more people crank out the stuff (illegally, most of the time), and get rich (and/or arrested).

Drugs=pleasure, medicine, money, stupidity, jail time, and eventually death. This leads to the answer to your question, but it leaves ME a question.

Why do so many humans abuse drugs, even when they know of the things that can happen?

And that leads me to the question: Why? (A.K.A. the unanswerable question that always leads to the question: Why?, A.K.A. UQTALTTQ:W?)