Whule playing StarCraft, what music do you listen to?

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Mostly, I enjoy the in-game music quite a bit. However at times I find myself listening to rock & roll, Star Wars Music, or other video-game related music, mostly from Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger. I understand that it can be distracting at times but I find it soothing to really kick ass and listen to a mellow, calm piano theme from Nobuo Uematsu. :D

What about you guys? What goes through your ears as you win or lose?

CerebralChain

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Whule* :)D) I'm playing I usually listen to music that either calms me down (playing melee), such as Enya or Classical music, or music that gets the adrenaline going (playing UMS), such as trance and rock/metal.

Crimson-Shade

Member!
Reaction score
i put my winamp player on "random" setting and let itself choice a song from my 1400+ song collection

PauseBreak

Reaction score
Wow, not too far off. I enjoy classical music as well during melees. Same as Enya; I have quite the collection of her songs. And as for UMS, definnatly the rock music, Godsmack, Korn, Opeth. And some rap/hip hop Juvenile, 50 cent, Llyod Banks, all that good stuff.

Zerglite

Reaction score
winamp radio...

whatever's on..

ya know :)

Draygonia

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
I listen to my 110 hours of music while playing Diablo2 and War3, but I hate starcraft, so no!

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
This is awesome! MrBret, you're like me in a lot of ways. I like it. :D

I also listen to crazy party music when I'm having a crazy long game. Helps me stay on focus.

kv1at3485

Reaction score
Strangely enough, I like to bust out the music from C&C, C&C:RA and C&C:TS when I play Terran or Zerg. The ominous 'heavy production line' feeling goes well with both of these.

Protoss it's best to switch to something more mellow, like the Romantic era stuff from the mid-19th century.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
This is awesome! MrBret, you're like me in a lot of ways. I like it. :D

I also listen to crazy party music when I'm having a crazy long game. Helps me stay on focus.

Let me tell you a story :)

Several years ago I played this huge ice titleset UMS. I forget what it was, good story line though, good upgrades, and nice choices of units to pick from. Very good, but large map. Anyway, During the first 2 hours our team lost 3 members, there were only 3 of us left. (including me) One left AFK for dinner (took about an hour) and my other team mate just stood there in the game in one of the bases that we just saved. (safe-base) Anyway, I was by myself plucking away killing what I could. I had A LOT of money, and I died and just bought back my character. This took about 40 some mins, so I needed some music.
I turned on, Dream Academy - Life in a Northern Town. (repeated)
My god, I must have listened to that song over 50 plus times. Seriously.
I have that song SO inbeded in my head that whenever I hear it that game comes to mind.
To end this story...my character died and I only had enough money to buy a zergling. Things were grim, yet I was close to winning the game. (You know, the end where you have to destory the enemies homebase that is full of absolute everything in the game. lol)
If I died that was it until my teammates came back, which seemed like they wouldn't...lol. Well, I was killing all these buildings and just not getting any money for it :( Finally I found this infested CC and I was being attacked HARD. I popped and so did the CC. HOLY CRAP@!!! I thought I was out of bussiness. NO SIR! When that CC pop well ALL got like 1 million minerals..LOL I was laughing so hard. (with music still played) Well, I cleaned house and go fig. my team came back all "whats happening.." "what did I miss???" lol
So yeah..GOOD TIMES

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Thats awesome. I have a few songs I get stck in my head when I play StarCraft, one of them being Offspring - Special Delivery. I would play fast-paced 2v2 games with my friends, and they loved to rush, so the beat of this song got me up and ready for constant rushes. It was endurance wars for the most part. I lost that game because of how much I suck but I was able to nuke the hell out of my friend in time before I died. :D

One SC Musical Track I love is Terranx1. It has the 4 and a half minute military start, then the calm, ''mobilization'' type of ending. It's nice. :)

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
the usual
if its a lotr map- lotr music
otehr wise its mainly rock

PauseBreak

Reaction score
Oh yeah, LotR is great music to listen to while playing SC or Diablo2.
I personally like the 2nd movie much better than the 1st and 3rd.
Thus, I like the 2nd soundtrack better. LotR: Two Towers.
Rohan and their music is pwnage. lol

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
bah second coulda been better
3rd was best

PauseBreak

Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
Whats LOTR Music like? I get this mfeeling its courageous and ''charge!'' like, I don't know why but that's the feeling I'm getting here. ;)
Yes, much of the music is very ..."get off the ground raise your holy fist in the air and kick some evil ass" :D

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
[GLOW=Blue]
For me, it depends. If I'm Zerg, I crank up the default music. I like it for some reason...it feels like dark metal or something...either that or I put on Rammstein, the Mutter album. Now, if I go for another race, DMC3 Soundtrack all the way! :D Particularly Cerberus battle music.
[/GLOW]

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
Whats LOTR Music like? I get this mfeeling its courageous and ''charge!'' like, I don't know why but that's the feeling I'm getting here. ;)
depends really if its one of the battle musics yea
other is just calming
other is like omfg something is coming