Who's still laddering?

TheBiggestNerd

Member!
Reaction score
This sub-forum has become a ghostland, so how many of you are out there laddering still? I wish I had the time to do it, but for now I really only get the opportunity to watch games while I do other things rather than getting to play for myself. I would really like to play some more, because I was getting pretty decent and had just gotten into Diamond; I was feeling very good about my play. What about you guys?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I was mildly deterred from playing overall after MLG last year in Columbus. After the summer ended I just got way to bust to keep up with strategy and trends. Also the way the meta game had shifted, I lost interest in the playstyle that was required to win as Zerg (see: Infestors all the time). It might have changed since then, but I'm to busy to get back into it.

I'll return to SCII with HOTS, the game needs new units to fix holes, and spice up the gameplay.

Grimnir

Reaction score
I'm still laddering off and on! I made the mistake of taking a break for a few months. I had been in Gold league before, which I know isn't too big of a deal, but as soon as I got back I was stomped down into Bronze again!

I'm taking it kind of slowly now and trying not to get discouraged. I've found that if I start losing a few matches and just take a break it helps to keep me from burning out.

I think I'll start laddering a lot more when HOTS comes out. It seems like it's going to fix a lot of the problems with the game not being as diverse as it could be. I wonder if anyone here would be interested in forming a group to practice for laddering when HOTS comes out?

Vigorix

Reaction score
Same, I have been laddering on and off. As a Terran player it is quite frustrating to ladder at the current state of the game. It really just seems broken right now, especially TvZ. I thought the whole point of the matchup was that Terran should have a strong early-mid game, while the Zerg will have a strong late-mid-endgame compared to Terran. However, with the new queen buff and overlord buff, Zerg players are no longer afraid to get a quick 3 bases, six queens and practically no army units.

There really isn't too much pressure that the Terran can do right now. It seems the people who are having success are people who are playing a hybrid bio-mech build. However, the problem with that is that it requires extremely high apm to execute.

I'm looking forward to the next patch and HOTS as well. Hopefully, it can put the matchups back into even footing.

Jimmymadness

Reaction score
I am even though it doesn't seem I have improved from it at all. I am still in gold league laddering as zerg like crazy.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
I've done something inacceptable. Instead of going Master 1v1, after I got in Diamond Season 1 was like 30 games a day, I stopped being very active and then I skipped like from season 4 to season 7, while all my friends are either one of them: Grandmaster, others: All Master 1v1.

So I am now with this Season 8 going after it, all of you are US however :/ Anyone At least high platinum or up in 1v1 EU?

I'll return to SCII with HOTS, the game needs new units to fix holes, and spice up the gameplay.
hah why? Z is the imba race now, or is it P, either way only P and Z lately barely any T. Anyway I was thinking for a serious start from HotS too (will love the Warhounds and no marine tank 1 hour games in TvT), but due to lack of enough skill, will have to get better even from now as I want it.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
Anyone EU ? Preferrably Diamond 1v1 up?

Sargento

Reaction score
Laddering just got too stressful for me. Picking up multiple new jobs and with my studies ramping up, I had less and less time for Starcraft. I still get my competitive fix via League of Legends, but it's not quite as intense as Starcraft is. I usually pick up Starcraft over the summer and advance a league, but unfortunately 50 hour work weeks have kept me from doing this.

I was a top-8 platinum Protoss in my prime.

CyanSleepy

Reaction score
I stopped laddering when school started. I was only platinum, but it was really difficult for me. Games are too time consuming and require obscene amounts of focus. My heart was racing every time I played a match, and combining it with school work, it just didn't work.

I go on from time to time, I dropped to the bronze league just for the hell of it. No stress, only fun every now and then.

Meow

Member!
Reaction score
I play one or two sometimes.

I've never understood the whole "time" or "effort" complaints. Games under masters aren't exactly demanding from an APM or mental standpoint. Most also end in 5-15 minutes.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
That's the reason why I am still not Master unlike my mates who are Master or 1 of them is GM. It's not because I do not want to play, it's the FRUSTRATION moment, I have fear of ladder and although I have made like 500 wins that is so far from anyone with 1000 games...

The frustration was solved in war3 by having other accounts to train that may turn into main acc if too good. Now with 1 character account only... not good.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I dislike the Zerg playstyle now. Being imba, or winning doesn't interest me if I no longer find the strategy and style fun to play.

dreyz

Reaction score
Yeap, same as you. I watch more than I play. Probably it's because I don't get frustrated when I watch videos, but I do when I game.

Maybe I'm just a fail at RTS games, but I still love playing them. Stubborn git.

WhiteNelumbo

Member!
Reaction score
I have completely lost interest in 1v1 laddering. It's sort of boring, and I hate the urge to keep continuing because I've lost 2-3 in a row. Just really stressful stuff. I do enjoy team games with friends because it's a bit more relaxing and fun. I love playing with friends for pretty much any game. It's really the only way I can never get tired of a game.

yellowbran

Reaction score
Until now the highest I got is gold, tried to make it further well, to much frustration.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
Back to ladder! After skipping seasons and MMR reset, I did 5:0 Placement last season cause I started with new MMR, it placed me Platinum which is the highest you can get from placements. This season I lost my 1 placement from some Diamond Zerg and I got placed in Gold after 5:0 last season LOL??? : ))))))))

I mean since when do you get placed lower if you lose the 1 game... when it usually gives you the same season nm if win/loss

P.S ZERG = BROKEN RACE... (and my mate quickly switched back to Z as he was and quit T to insta get back to Master) seriously since they increased range of Queen they can defend off tanks, just anything and lately the balances they plan to do speak for Zerg's current joke situation

Anyway back to Diam and above, though I am not Master yet, let's get back to Diam, where I started from Season 1