Whos pissed with what they did to deadpool?

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i know the movie hasnt come out yet, but im sure alot of you have already watched it.

whos pissed about deadpool? i mean wtf did they do to him?! he was such a badass in the comics and now this? epic fail.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Actually I'm not mad, because that isn't deadpool, so I don't care.

Deadpool CAN NEVER work in a movie for several reasons. First off most of the humor can't translate to a movie in the same way as it is in the comic. Secondly, he doesn't take off his mask, which is impossible for a movie. Even as a throwaway character in a wolverine movie they have to show Ryan Reynolds stupid face. Finally the character is such a ingrained fanboy following that ANY concessions made to make the character marketable to a mass audience will make everyone who likes the character shit themselves. If they dont change the character for the mass audience anyone who doesnt know deadpool either won't follow why anyone cares about him or will simply think it is stupid.

This seems to be the only adaption where Sabertooth is close to being badass again. I've always been infuriated how Sabertooth is portrayed in movies, tv shows, and any comic writers not named Chris Clairemont.

Otherwise who the hell cares about Wolverines past? the whole appeal of the character, and so much motivation that drives him is the fact he DOESNT know his past, so why the fuck bother making a movie about it. Anything interesting losses all of it's appeal once the mystery is revealed (see the 5th season of lost)

That's enough Rage for one night I think.

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
how can u say thats not deadpool? they specifically re-introduce him when they reveal him after hes been tinkered on as Deadpool. not counting the beginning when they introduce him as wade

as far as sabertooth, i like that they gave him a bit more of his style in this movie, but i still wish theys howed that smartass-ness he has with wolverine more

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
how can u say thats not deadpool? they specifically re-introduce him when they reveal him after hes been tinkered on as Deadpool. not counting the beginning when they introduce him as wade

as far as sabertooth, i like that they gave him a bit more of his style in this movie, but i still wish theys howed that smartass-ness he has with wolverine more
You misunderstand me. I know they were trying to make that character be deadpool, but it clearly wasn't. Sticking a name on a character doesn't make it the same character.

As far as Im concerend that isn't deadpool.