Who's more badass: Kratos or Dante?

Who's the baddest?

• Total voters

_JaKE

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
glowpole said:
krtocs all the way. He's wicked evil. No mercy. Killing slut in children and all....danata is cool..but not as grusome and dark is krtos
same thing i was gonna say, both games are on the top of my gaming list but id have to say kratos is crazy, cool, dark, evil, and kickass.
:hxc

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
I like how Jkar just assumes alll this shit.

Dante is half demon. Thats the only reason he's been able to take all the damage he takes. However, he is still mortal. As is Kratos. Giving the available weapons, Melee style Dante would lose. Kratos and his badass chainknife whateverthe****theirecalled things would dominate Dante. Ranged? Dante. Can't **** with a shotgun.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I still think that Dante'd beat down Kratos even in melee. I freely admit that Kratos has badass weapons and is f***ing cool, but the Sword of Sparda is the most amazing weapon ever. Plus Nevan, Beowulf, Rebellion, Agni and Rudra, Cerberus...awesome weapons. Plus Dante's special moves are so damn cool. Stinger from across the room, jump back, do it again. Plus his Dance Macabre is just sweet.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
iMike said:
I like how Jkar just assumes alll this shit.

Dante is half demon. Thats the only reason he's been able to take all the damage he takes. However, he is still mortal. As is Kratos. Giving the available weapons, Melee style Dante would lose. Kratos and his badass chainknife whateverthe****theirecalled things would dominate Dante. Ranged? Dante. Can't **** with a shotgun.
You see, the thing is, Kratos is not mortal anymore. Yes, he can be killed, but it takes around fifteen millions times more to kill him now.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Ok, you wanna play God mode? Fine, we'll play Super Dante mode. Unlimited Devil Trigger. Which means...unlimited Quicksilver effect. Kratos won't get to fight Dante because Kratos will be frozen in super-slow speed while Dante moves at normal speed. All Dante has to do is wail away at him for awhile, and he wins.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score

All right then, Kratos also has the Rage of the Gods power, where he gets a lot stronger, faster and resistant. Let's make that infinite. Now let's give Kratos Infrared Googles so he can see the invisible Dante, as well as a mini-nuclear bomb to blow the hell out of Dante.

Heck, at least be real, as much as you can be in the game, mate.

L

Laharl

Let me make sure I am understanding this correctly. You have;

A full pledged god

vs

A puny half demon with a shotgun.

*rolls his eyes* Come on.

Glowy

Premium Member
Reaction score
jakr your jsut defending dante becuase you like him more. IN a sensable battle krtos would be doing dantes mom and sister like the hoes on the boat after beating the hell out of him.

nuff said

Glowy

Premium Member
Reaction score
check sig for ownage clerification...I mean shit c'mon....look at dat shit....13337-ness to the core of hard.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
J'kar said:
Ok, you wanna play God mode? Fine, we'll play Super Dante mode. Unlimited Devil Trigger. Which means...unlimited Quicksilver effect. Kratos won't get to fight Dante because Kratos will be frozen in super-slow speed while Dante moves at normal speed. All Dante has to do is wail away at him for awhile, and he wins.

Were not playing "GodMode". Kratos became a ****ing GOD. Dante wouldn't stand a chance.

DeadLocked

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Hmmm. If you tak eboth games in context.

Dante has killed Satan (Uh, hades people?)

Kratos has killed Ares.

So, bringing them both in context with one another. They've each killed a god. Yes, kratos is now a god. Although Dantes done it before, i wouldn't think it'd be a easy battle. It'd probaly be a toss up. I don't think either is clearly the better one. No one here should be able to validate that otherwise.

:)

Whoever mentioned prince of persia's a idiot. The prince (even the dark prince) would get obliterated by Dante, or Kratos. DMC, and GOW are just to highscaled up compared to POP. Idiot.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
After playing through GoW again this weekend, it hit me.

Kratos is evil. He's not a goodly person like Dante. Kratos will win.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Dante isn't exactly goodly either...he's on a revenge kick for the taking of his mother and brother. He kicked Mundus's ass because Mundus was responsible for that. The only time he was "goodly" was in DMC3 when he decided to go stop Arkham from achieving the power of Sparda, although even that was a bit unreliable as far as intentions go, since at that time he believed that Vergil had been killed by Arkham.

Dante's pretty much just vengeful. The world can go to Hell for all he cares, it's his own agenda that ends up saving it every now and then.

And you know, if Dante as he is can't beat a God-form Kratos, then he can just fire up his Sparda DT, and I have yet to see something walk away from Sparda-form Dante. I mean, Sparda himself single-handedly stopped the entire underworld from invading the mortal realm, and sealed away its emperor for 2000 years. Dante did it again. I'm pretty sure some pathetic just-turned god is gonna get his ass kicked...

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
You're not getting the point. Dante has moral to him. He doesn't go around slaughtering innocents. In fact, he saves the chick from each game numerous times.

Kratos is just too badass to care, and is evil. Evil will always win out in the end over good, it's just how life is.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
iMike said:
You're not getting the point. Dante has moral to him. He doesn't go around slaughtering innocents. In fact, he saves the chick from each game numerous times.

Kratos is just too badass to care, and is evil. Evil will always win out in the end over good, it's just how life is.
DMC 1: Trish looks like his mother. Sentiment prevails and he saves her.
DMC 3: He's an obnoxious teenager. He grabs Lady as she's falling because he's fishing for a piece of ass, plus a chance to mouth off.

DMC 2...I have no clue why he saved a whiny bitch like Lucia. That wasn't Dante...

And um...about evil winning out? Play just about every game out there...it's cliche, but good always wins...in this case it would be the lesser of two evils...Dante.

Let me put it this way...Dante beat Mundus, the emperor of the Underworld, essentially a god. Dante beat Argosax, a demon as powerful as they come. Dante (with Vergil's help) beat Arkham, who actually HAD THE FORM OF SPARDA, mutated beyond recognition by the sheer power coursing through him. The only reason he even needed Vergil's help is because he was still a frickin teenager. Adult Dante would have stuck Alastor between Arkham's buttcheeks and twisted until he was shitting out his internal organs.

Plus, I have seen the pathetic page of enemies that Kratos has to fight. Puny and weak, most of them humanlike. Oh, he fights Medusa...big woop. Omg, a hydra.

Ok, hydra I'll give him, but aside from his brother, every single enemy that Dante faces is a hardcore badass from the underworld. In DMC 3, his WEAKEST opponents are the freaking soulkeepers of Hell. About the ONLY impressive opponent Kratos has had is Ares. Dante fights at least demigod-level demons like they were breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Let me list:

Bosses:
Phantom: Badass lava spider/scorpion from the Underworld
Griffon: Badass lightning bird from the Underworld, big as a house
Nelo Angelo: His brother, Vergil, only seriously powered up by Mundus's power.
Nightmare: A machine of destruction crafted in the Underworld SPECIFICALLY to destroy everything it comes across.
Mundus: Emperor of the Underworld, aka Hades, Satan, the Prince of Darkness
Nefasturris: A demon coming out of a freaking skyscraper, as big as his birthplace, with energy cannon that can evaporate an Olympic swimming pool by proximity.
Bolverk: A demon warrior who gave his father, Sparda, a hard time.
Plutonian and Tartarussian: A pair of MASSIVE demons with iron flails.
Furiataurus: Huge molten minotaur with a BIG-ASS hammer.
Jokatgulm: Massive water demon with poison gas and regenerating tentacles that can swat you into a puddle.
Trismagia: Huge demon heads that play with you in THEIR realm, using THEIR rules, blasting you with electricity, ice, and flame from way off while you run around on an itty-bitty platform in the void of nothingness.
Argosax the Chaos: A massive conglomeration of a whole bunch of past-beaten bosses, one of the most powerful demons around.
The Despair Emboddied: An androgenous fire-angel that can morph parts of its body into weapons.
Cerberus: The three-headed guardian of the Underworld, using the elemental power of Ice.
Hell Vanguard: Essentially the grim reaper...and Dante's killed loads of them.
Gigapede: A centipede the size of a train, that flies, and blasts electricity at you.
Agni and Rudra: Demon swordsmen, essentially gods of Fire and Wind.
Leviathan: A massive beast that EATS Dante, and Dante kills it from inside. I mean massive, too...its stomach has buses, ships, and all sorts of bric-a-brac in it.
Nevan: A vampiric lightning witch who assails him with electricity and energy-bats.
Beowulf: A huge, ancient light-demon with a serious vengeance complex.
Geryon: A demon horse leading a phantom chariot with the ability to slow down time to kick your ass.
Doppleganger: A shadow version of his own Devil-Triggered self that is completely invulnerable until you hit it with light, at which point it can still take some serious damage.
Arkham: A power-tripping half-demon who came into the power of Sparda and became mutated into a giant, multi-appendaged blob of nastiness that can summon HORDES of hideous eel-things called Arkham's Legions.

And those are just the bosses. Vanilla enemies include fallen angels, hellkeepers, ice elementals, anamorphic beings made purely of energy, shadow beasts, and much much more.

Compare that with a couple minotaurs, Medusa, a multiheaded snake, and a Greek God, and I think we see who the real badass is. Even more to Dante's credit, most of these enemies he had to fight more than once, some of them four freaking times. Give it up, guys. Dante has beaten legions of demigod-level enemies...a newly-turned-god playing with his powers would be no challenge.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
I know well about the DMC lore. Trust me, Kratos would win.

[Koolaid]

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Whos kartos , when u tell me i can then decide