Who wishes that d3 will be more like d1 then d2?

FFE-Kain

Reaction score
D1 had a feeling of blood, danger.
D2 had the feeling of watching pokemon.

Anyone agrees? Besides the necromancer, d2 had nothing that really felt evil, and even then, the necromancer is on the good side.

D1 was better. Naked womans shooting at you > fallens.

Discuss?

Steel101

Member!
Reaction score
Naked women shooting at you. Except Andariel. Always a nice touch

But yes, your right, D1 had more of a "diabolic" feeling than that of D2. Comparing with the "Hell" areas:
D1 had the real life hell. Demons, fire, etc. Very, very evil.
D2 had some kind of a road to a Sanctuary, which last time I checked was a holy word, with a star in the middle. Oo, creepy.

But, what would be even better then D3 = D1 then D3 = D2 would be D3 = D1 + D2. It's basic math (1 + 2 = 3).My opinion would be bring back the scary stuff from D1.

Gameplay-wise, I think they should keep the Skill Tree system instead of Books and Scrolls. Books and Scrolls were nice, but I liked earning my skills rather then finding and stuff. If they do it like D1, please for the love of god make it so you can run. That was my biggest complaint. Walking in D1 about the speed of a dying giraffe.

Tact

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.fusiongamers.com
Steel101 said:
Naked women shooting at you. Except Andariel. Always a nice touch

But yes, your right, D1 had more of a "diabolic" feeling than that of D2. Comparing with the "Hell" areas:
D1 had the real life hell. Demons, fire, etc. Very, very evil.
D2 had some kind of a road to a Sanctuary, which last time I checked was a holy word, with a star in the middle. Oo, creepy.

But, what would be even better then D3 = D1 then D3 = D2 would be D3 = D1 + D2. It's basic math (1 + 2 = 3).My opinion would be bring back the scary stuff from D1.

Gameplay-wise, I think they should keep the Skill Tree system instead of Books and Scrolls. Books and Scrolls were nice, but I liked earning my skills rather then finding and stuff. If they do it like D1, please for the love of god make it so you can run. That was my biggest complaint. Walking in D1 about the speed of a dying giraffe.
I'd rather be able to learn from VERY rare scrolls/books while also learning from the tree. I also agree, D1 had a WAY better ambience for a twisted game.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
While it is apparent that Diablo 1 may have some obvious advantanges over Diablo II, some being musicwise, gameplay wise, and the general ''touch'' or feel of each game in the word of creepy, devil gameplay, Diablo II has some nice things to offer too. The skill tree system, yes keep it, but it's make it a little better somehow. Say, tune down snyergies and improve other skills? Make it so the less-used skills are really the ones that save your life in the long run. Puzzles and traps were grand in Diablo I, so if you add some skills to help you conquer bigger traps, and maybe add a few storyline puzzles, it would be a marvelous experience in my opinion. :)

LocalBoyZ

Member!
Reaction score
FFE-Kain said:
D1 had a feeling of blood, danger.
D2 had the feeling of watching pokemon.

Anyone agrees? Besides the necromancer, d2 had nothing that really felt evil, and even then, the necromancer is on the good side.

D1 was better. Naked womans shooting at you > fallens.

Discuss?
I agree. The music in diablo 1 was dark and evil. The whole game had a very twisted feel to it. I liked diablo 2 tons, but I liked the overall feel of diablo 1 alot more.

Induhvidual_1

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
i know this is kinda stupid but i feel what made diablo I "scarier" than diablo 2 is that you don't need to go to town and hostile. i actually prefer a game that is somewhat more realistic (yes, even though its swrods and sorcery i dont care). so you don't like flat announce that i hate you and i'm gonna pk you, you just do it. more was at stake i guess with diablo i, when you died the items all fall out (but i guess hc takes care of that kinda). there was a reward for fighting, whre the winner takes the spoils.
(i know that will piss a bunch of people off since it kinda encourages pking)
those elemetns are exciting but to many detrimental.

i also like the fact that leveling seemed a bit easier than d2 is now (especially since getting to 99 is so fricken hard)

also the artwork, i mean the barbarian from diablo 2 looks like a plush doll and not realistic at all. the anatomy of the figures should of been redone.

i like the d2 expansive cities compared with d1 but i wold like the cities to be even larger. perhaps add mini games (like final fantasy) and shops for specific things, arenas... but then again those are not from either game, i would like d3 to expand on what d2 did well.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Instead of PKing, you would indefinately have something called ''Bounty Hunting/Assassinating.'', and that sounds a lot more defined then ''i kill u now kk''. For most, it would be bad because they would whine and bitch because someone killed them and jacked their gear. But thats how it would really happen if it was realistic. understand what you're saying quite well, Induhvidual_1. I agree! :D

Reaction score
I'd like to see Diablo 3 as first person shooter like CS, or grand thief auto, that'd be most fun :D

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
No, it wouldn't.

However, D2 was more popular because it had better Bnet support. For all you guys know, they could turn it into a pink fluffy homo bunny contest, and have a few sumliminal messages (and yes, Diablo II had them, they were in the terrain in certain places (See map 2 for Durance of Hate level 2, north east corner of the map if you don't believe me)) and everyone will flock to it.

But yes, Diablo I had a better storyline/scarier feel than Diablo II.

You were also younger.

Induhvidual_1

Reaction score
PaladinAdmirer said:
I'd like to see Diablo 3 as first person shooter like CS, or grand thief auto, that'd be most fun :D
okay, I KNOW this is some kind of joke but if I would actually consider as a possiblity

an FPS with swords and bows and pretty much a bunch of melee weapons with magic. pretty mcuh this would be more like DOOM 3 with shittier melee weapons.

i can already see the madness, you rush there and you struggle to kill the "enemy". essentially it'll look like a poorly choreographed martial arts movie.

i can also see the addition of a bunch of menus cluttering the itnerface, so to give us a bit of "detial". IE, i am under the curse "lower resist" or "salvation aura activated with neon blinking light". since you can't see much of the spell effects... unless you can switch to third person (which would of course detstry the whole point of FPS).

it'll be intersting though, i havent seen a FPS/RPG hybrid, maybe it'll be a new niche market that blizzard could exploit where new ideas and innovations are hard to come by these days, in a quickly chaning environment.

but mostly, i think, if this were to be tried, although unprecedented (that i know of), Blizzard would immediately file for bankruptcy because this is, i think the single dumbest idea posted in a while.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Induhvidual_1 said:
an FPS with swords and bows and pretty much a bunch of melee weapons with magic. pretty mcuh this would be more like DOOM 3 with shittier melee weapons.

it'll be intersting though, i havent seen a FPS/RPG hybrid, maybe it'll be a new niche market that blizzard could exploit where new ideas and innovations are hard to come by these days, in a quickly chaning environment.
Why what do I have in my hands right here? Oh yeah, Hexen. It's been done, sort of. Hexen owned though

Steel101

Member!
Reaction score
If D3 were an FPS, it would be khaos (yes,with a K).

It'd be really, really hard to fight, cast spells, and most of all, duel. You could be covered with monsters and have to turn 180 degrees to kill one just to have another come up from behind. If you wanted to cast Blizzard or something you'd have to aim at the ground (aiming at the sky doesn't seem to make sense). And if someone were actually good at all this, they could get Teleport and just teleport right you and smack you around a bit while your still turning.

LocalBoyZ

Member!
Reaction score
They should make it with the classic diablo view and an optional 3rd person or first person. While you're in town to be able to go into first person and see how good the chars look in their armor would be awesome. Imagine the pallie's polished full plate mail up close for example. Imagine if they made the graphics as good or better then that of WoW, accept keep the realistic look of diabo instead of the cartoonish purple and pink non reflective armors of WoW. But while you're questing or duelign first person would suck. I think you could pull it off in 3rd person for questing but for dueling the classic view would obviously be your best choice.

Induhvidual_1

Reaction score
Steel101 said:
If D3 were an FPS, it would be khaos (yes,with a K).

It'd be really, really hard to fight, cast spells, and most of all, duel. You could be covered with monsters and have to turn 180 degrees to kill one just to have another come up from behind. If you wanted to cast Blizzard or something you'd have to aim at the ground (aiming at the sky doesn't seem to make sense). And if someone were actually good at all this, they could get Teleport and just teleport right you and smack you around a bit while your still turning.
exactly, little things like this piss people off

therefore the game would not be a "commerical success"

and the companies like this would succumb to larger coroporations which buy them out which isn't necessarily a bad thing but i was trying to show how the process works

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
Lol, I know what you mean! I do like the evil feeling of D1 and yes, I do agree that D2 is kinda sissy compared to D1. Anyway if D3 does come out, I do hope that its feels evil and creepy. The D2 Skill system is a lot better than the D1 one though. :)