Who wants to...

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Cheeze i couldn't reply cos your name is retardedly long.

And Vadriel, would it be a problem with your router and ports? Or firewall?
Probably. Before I connect, I take down my built-in Windows Firewall, but the one from the wireless router can't be undone. I've asked Dad before (it IS his router/Internet), and he doesn't approve of opening up ports for game stuff.

If I want to connect to BNet, I have to go dialup. = Low speed, = lag, = taking up the entire house phone line, which gets used a lot more now.

Even with my wireless crap, I can join TCP/IP games, though I can't start them.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Well then it's your ports and your router that's ****ing it all up. Just get the info for your router and open up some Blizz ports. There's nothing wrong with that. Your dad is probably ignorant and thinks opening a port means opening the floodgates of hell for viruses.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Probably. Before I connect, I take down my built-in Windows Firewall, but the one from the wireless router can't be undone. I've asked Dad before (it IS his router/Internet), and he doesn't approve of opening up ports for game stuff.

If I want to connect to BNet, I have to go dialup. = Low speed, = lag, = taking up the entire house phone line, which gets used a lot more now.

Even with my wireless crap, I can join TCP/IP games, though I can't start them.
ur 20.. and u still ask ur dad to approve of internet usage? LOL

and infinity probably is better, but insight is just so damn easy to maek lawl

and i like having purp pots in my belt.. not blue ones =(

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
I can see your point, but Infinity removes the one weakness a sorceress can have. + skills can negate mana regen, lol.
yea well until u get ber mal ber ist... stick with insight hoe :p

TroiK-

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hey my account name is troik

add me ill start playing alot. become 31337. i like little boys.... just to add. i play teh west. HC

torrid mind

Diablo Forum ******
Reaction score
DM I has a staff for joo!

Going to be on for another hr or so.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
ur 20.. and u still ask ur dad to approve of internet usage? LOL

and infinity probably is better, but insight is just so damn easy to maek lawl

and i like having purp pots in my belt.. not blue ones =(
It IS his highspeed cable Internet. He makes the rulez, when I pay for it I make the rules. I don't see a problem with that. Just because you're 20, you slap your father around and make all the decisions?

But yesh, it's the router biznizz, and that ain't changin.

N[U]TS

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I just recently started to play again. 50 sorc on East Ladder. account name slightlystoopid.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
It IS his highspeed cable Internet. He makes the rulez, when I pay for it I make the rules. I don't see a problem with that. Just because you're 20, you slap your father around and make all the decisions?

But yesh, it's the router biznizz, and that ain't changin.
i never said i slap my father around, but thanks for making such assumptions.

Man, I'm surprised he even allows you to logon to battleforums then lol

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I asked him aeons ago when I first had the issues, and he said no. It's fairly reasonable, he's just taking no chances in protecting his ass. He has backups and so forth out the ying-yang, but even so his computers are our meal ticket. No messing around opening up ways for anything extra in unless it's going to make him more money. He sees Internet as being for work, and fiercely disapproves of me playing video games rather than forging an entrepreneurial empire of my own.

@ N_, my intent with the "slap your father around" comment was merely to illustrate the apparent lack of respect you have for your elders. Being 20 means precisely jack, he's still older and merits your respect. It's his Internet, I do INDEED observe his rules while using it and for you to assume that it should be any other way is just ignorant.

Side Note: Messing with an ice Sorc for the first time ever, omg does she rape. /players 8 and she takes down all non-Minion+ enemies in 1-2 hits.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Alright ladies, not everyone has ideal connectivity. Lets get back on topic please.

I'll be on tonight around 10 PM (12-1 East time) if anyones down for playing. :)