Who is David Kim?

Reaction score
Website
diabloiiikore.com
I've been watching the battle reports for StarCraft 2, and at the end, David Kim is always victorious. Is he like an ex-SC champion that was hired into Blizzard, or a developer that mastered the game. It seems like everything he does at the moment the battle starts is like a chess-move to checkmating the opponent. All I gotta say is he micro-managed this shit perfectly.

So who is David Kim?

Aurora

Let's fix it.
Reaction score
Website
www.starcraft2forum.org
According to google, David Kim is a famous violin player that does plastic surgery on the side. :p

But seriously:

He's a Korean guy that used to be a pro Starcraft player. Switched to Warcraft 3 later. At the moment Kim is working as the balance guy in the Blizzard team, so he knows pretty much everything about every possible counter. He's so good because it's basically his job to be perfect at this.

I hope that clears things up a bit. :)

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I think Pan made a good point:

Bet David Ki loses in all the practice games, and only ends up in the Battlereports on the games he wins.

Yeon-Ho Lee sounds way to asian to lose all the time to some dude named david.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
Question: In Garena and also top war3 players I know are Koreans/Chinese kinda have their US flag there (some) and US names - their real names. So are they Koreans or they have Korean origin? Obviously I should ignore the flag and names, or they play for US cause US doesn't have real pro players to emit - fact.

So what's Kim's name in war3?

phreakerhaxxor

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
I watched some pro sc2 games on youtube, its pretty freaking crazy how good these guys are...basically if you can macro good, you win, thats all it comes down to in the pros, who can macro the best.

david kim sounds like an asian guy whos good at sc2.

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
D. Kim doesn't need to sound good. He just is.