Which Race will be the most imbalanced first?

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
I think the protoss are going to need some definite tweaking when everything is said and done.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
good thing you are able to jump to that conclusion considering only one race has been featured on any of it's array new units.

Who will be imbalanced? Probably nothing. The game is being specifically designed around a multiplayer balanced three race game. Between having to balance a four race Warcraft III, balancing three races is easy.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
to early to say anything at the moment

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
i dont think there was a single moment of imbalanced craps in sc...

it was all d2 (OMG HAMMERS) and wc (WTF UD AND NE)

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
you didn't even offer anything to the thread. better watch yourself, the admins are bored around here with nothing really happening.. they will exercise their powers just because. =\

@ Ugly,
Mike always says it before I put it down.
There is only 1 race we've seen in detail, and only 5 units and a building. (for ex.) So obviously the Toss look imbalanced because its the only thing we've seen.
There will be plenty of patches to help balance and imbalance the game in the future so don't worry.
As for an imbalanced race, hell, i'll say Zerg to start off with.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Then you are noob. Blizzard said the same thing about Starcraft 1 and Warcraft 3 and yet there were several patches for both to fix imbalances.

/owned both of you.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
not all games go smooth when they first come out. Besides most of the patches for sc are more technical then gameplay.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Then you are noob. Blizzard said the same thing about Starcraft 1 and Warcraft 3 and yet there were several patches for both to fix imbalances.

/owned both of you.
No blizzard didn't program Starcraft 1 and Warcraft III around the complete multiplayer. As of now they are able to play mutliplayer melee matches against each other, and excluding all the extras to be added, balancing has started around now. So No, Starcraft II will not have the imbalances that any of it's predecessors were plagued with.

Nub

Member!
Reaction score
It probably won't be perfectly balanced when it comes out but we don't even know anything about Terran and Zerg yet so we cant really say it will be imba.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score

/owned both of you.
That's because there's always people abusing certain aspect of each race's strength "better" than the others...

imbalances... there's no such thing, its just all about how well you can abuse the units in the game

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
No blizzard didn't program Starcraft 1 and Warcraft III around the complete multiplayer. As of now they are able to play mutliplayer melee matches against each other, and excluding all the extras to be added, balancing has started around now. So No, Starcraft II will not have the imbalances that any of it's predecessors were plagued with.
I'll make sure to bring up this thread when the first patch comes out fixing the imbalances for you.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I'll make sure to bring up this thread when the first patch comes out fixing the imbalances for you.
if it surpasses the 20 patches that WCIII had sure go ahead, otherwise it isn't going to. I doubt it'll get past 6-10 patches of imbalances.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
if it surpasses the 20 patches that WCIII had sure go ahead, otherwise it isn't going to. I doubt it'll get past 6-10 patches of imbalances.
Mike said:
No blizzard didn't program Starcraft 1 and Warcraft III around the complete multiplayer. As of now they are able to play mutliplayer melee matches against each other, and excluding all the extras to be added, balancing has started around now. So No, Starcraft II will not have the imbalances that any of it's predecessors were plagued with
That is not what you said before. If it doesn't have the imbalances that it's predecessors were plagued with then it wouldn't need to be patched. I am saying that there is going to be abused imbalanced units and it's going to need to be patched alot. The thread is a guess at what race will end up being the most imbalanced...it's a prediction not a fact.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
Seeing the ingame demos, protoss are imba, TT grunt + archer sex = Protoss.

With SCII I say goodbye stupid creatures, goodbye nonsense magic, goodbye Dragons, goodbye primitive Middle Ages time. Hello FUTURE!

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
It's a bit like asking how many units the Terran will have in the end: Nobody knows.

We saw almost nothing of the Zerg - they may well equip Mutalisks with a suicide ability and then they will become imbalanced, but who knows?*

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Teh terran cause they are HUAMSNS UNLESS BNLIZZ IS ACTUALLY A BUNCH OF PROTOSS BEING WARPED IN :O

Kaldaris

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sundren.org
On the topic of this thread, every race will probably be imbalanced because like with their other games, Blizzard doesn't have the cajones to do exactly what they want until they get feedback from their players.