Which Race is the most badass in the second game?

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Their application looks awesome, although I'll be the first to admit that they do look a little sad cosmetically, but hey...they look like they make Zerglings all the more deadly.

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
From what I can tell those Nydus worms spout of the green rolling bombs and call forth those weak, but plentiful zerglings.

I think the MOther ship from the Toss is going to be CHEAP AS SHIT. Koodos to those that can Tech to them and use them in battle. I think making a black hole that can suck up 6 terran Battle Cruisers and 2 Transport ships is kinda cheap.

Like in the 1st game the 2cd will have Protoss overpowered in their special kinda way.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
From what I can tell those Nydus worms spout of the green rolling bombs and call forth those weak, but plentiful zerglings.

I think the MOther ship from the Toss is going to be CHEAP AS SHIT. Koodos to those that can Tech to them and use them in battle. I think making a black hole that can suck up 6 terran Battle Cruisers and 2 Transport ships is kinda cheap.

Like in the 1st game the 2cd will have Protoss overpowered in their special kinda way.
The Nydus worms don't spout off the green rolling bombs, those are mutated Zerglings, called Banelings.

And the Zerglings were unupgraded I'm pretty sure. Note how he said "our upgraded Zealots." That kinda implies nothing else in the demo really was. I bet once you get them up to Crackling status, they're an unholy terror.

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It's too early to tell. I'm gonna say protoss because that's all i've seen as far as new stuff goes.

I'll still play protoss though.
Ditto.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
yea ill probablty play protoss again...

and... yea no races were overpowered lol

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
The starting units of protoss in the first game where enough to demolish through bases within the first 20 minutes.

Any protoss with 5-10 zlots and 4-6 dragoons were able to enter and either destroy or completely cripple a base until the next attack. Plus the retarded ass regenerating shield they have.

Early game Protoss were the most unstoppable no matter what any of you say

I clearly remember always blowing resources on base defense when playing against a protoss and ****ing my tech up completely. Other than the fact that I sucked you have to admit Protoss dominates in the first 10-20 minutes of gameplay.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
No, it doesn't. At all.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Zergling rushes were always the things that pissed me off, and made me have to really start focusing on making a tight offense first and foremost, as rapidly as possible.

I would almost always go with Protoss if I was going to be facing computer Zerg opponents, because of those 6-8 Zerglings that would invariably come bounding in as I finished my second round of workers. I learned to go fast enough to be able to have 4-6 Zealots by the time their asses came after me.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Tronga, make less ****ing sense. Please.
By the time he had 5-10 zealots and 4-6 dragoons I'd already have an army capable of withstanding his offense.

Do I need to make more sense than this?

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
5-10 zealots and 4-6 dragoons once became my utter bitches when they tried to raid my Cannon-ridden base entrance. I lost 1 cannon, and only one other one had any damage to its HP. The rest had nothing but a dent in their shields.

Microing Photon Cannons ftw.

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Early game Protoss were the most unstoppable no matter what any of you say

I clearly remember always blowing resources on base defense when playing against a protoss and ****ing my tech up completely. Other than the fact that I sucked you have to admit Protoss dominates in the first 10-20 minutes of gameplay.
No idea where you're getting toss is unstoppable early game.
Maybe you shouldn't blow your resources so early on defenses. There's your problem.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Protoss are far from unstoppable early game. If anything they are weak to early rushes IMHO.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
The only thing I don't like about early early protoss is that it's so time and resource consuming to pump out a good raiding force, and then once you get them ready and send them off your base is undefended against a counter attack.

I think Zerg are really strongest earlygame. It doesn't take long before you're neck deep in Zerglings, but if you're a good enough player of either other race you can defend against it.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Zerg are strong because of superior numbers. And its the Orc race of SC. You need to rush the tech so your units are better than theres. Face it, T3 Zerg units aren't all that great.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Zerg are strong because of superior numbers. And its the Orc race of SC. You need to rush the tech so your units are better than theres. Face it, T3 Zerg units aren't all that great.
T3 = cracklings.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Cracklings + a couple of Ultras + dark swarm, baibai.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Well, Zerglings are tier 1. The upgrade that makes them so much better is tier 3. I think they still count as tier 1, though.