Which Race is the most badass in the second game?

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
I would have to say the Protoss is definitely going to end up winning in terms of badassness. I love the new units!

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
the zerg look at that worm thing its totally kick ass

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
It's too early to tell. I'm gonna say protoss because that's all i've seen as far as new stuff goes. When more is revealed i might change my mind.

I'll still play protoss though.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Yeah, it really is too early to tell, with how little has been revealed of the other 2, but I can tell you right now that I'm going to be using a lot of Zerg...

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
It's too early to tell. I'm gonna say protoss because that's all i've seen as far as new stuff goes. When more is revealed i might change my mind.

I'll still play protoss though.
Like you always did :p

I'll go for the Xel'Naga.

--Edit--

Btw, how do you guys pronounce it? Quel Naga?

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Zel-Naga is how it should be pronounced.

I'm pretty keen to get back into SC. Gotta stop playing my orc :(

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Yeah, it's pronounced with a Z sound. I think the Protoss have said it in the first game once or twice...I'm sure they did it in the Brood War campaign briefings.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Zerglings look awfully powerful but I think it's due to the graphics as well.

The Zerg probably look the most badass, the Terran the most boring.*

T3h Sorrow

"Best ***s on the forum"
Reaction score
Protoss, those satalite things taking down those BCs..... just wow.

Zerrg has that Nydus worm but im sure it attacks ground only ;)

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Nydus worm doesn't attack anything. It just spawns from the ground and let's you move units from your base to that place.

Pretty neat, since it doesn't require creep to work.

T3h Sorrow

"Best ***s on the forum"
Reaction score
it is the same as a exit from a Canal? since the entrance needs a creep

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I think it probably works about that way, yes.

And yeah, I'm just waiting to see more units.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Protoss. They had the most units revealed, so obviously.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
I would need to see the stats and the unit powers before I can say what race truly is the most awesome. All we really know about is the Protoss.

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
From the little that I have seen, I would have first said the Protoss were pretty "bad ass" I really HATE that word, bad ass.

But after I saw the Nydus Worm I would have to say the Zerg.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Zerglings look awfully powerful but I think it's due to the graphics as well.

The Zerg probably look the most badass, the Terran the most boring.*
The terran are the most boring because most of their buildings and units are based off of todays stuff (kind of).....The zerg and protoss all have totally different stuff than we do.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Yeah, same. Nydus Worm just makes me get all happy in my pants. That's all kinds of cool.

With all the awesome new technologies and stuff that the Toss have showcased, I can't wait to see all the innovations that Blizzard has come up with for the Zerg. I mean, all we've seen are 4 units: Zerglings, their Baneling form, Mutalisks, and Nydus Worms. Let's analyze each of those:

Zerglings: They looked like the old standby, only significantly better-looking and obviously producable in the mass numbers that really make you think "Zerg Swarm."

Banelings: Kinda dumb name, but they look awesome, and unless Blizzard was being asinine for the demo and speeding it up, they morph out of Zerglings unbelievably fast.

Mutalisks: They look good, but there's nothing special about them yet...frankly I don't see what they COULD do with Mutalisks, unless they just made them a little tougher. They seemed to be able to take significant damage before going the way of the dodo, but that could just be for show.

Nydus Worms: OMFG how insanely unbelievably undeniably COOL were they? Big screaming worms explode out of the ground (WITH CREEP NOWHERE IN SIGHT) and start disgorging hordes of Zerglings? Depending on criteria for where you can have them exit, these things alone bring a complete new perspective and range of possibilities to Zerg play. I will be an absolute madman Zerg player and abuse this building to no end, I guaran-damn-tee it.

With the great sample of the Zerg that we've been shown, I can't wait to see what they're fully capable of. I mean, the Protoss showed all sorts of awesome innovations, like the Warp In feature, the Phase Prism's "mobile pylon field" uses...not to mention all the new units. I can't wait to see what they do with Zerg. I mean, the possibilities are endless. Blizzard has some really creative minds, and with the Zerg anything is possible. I mean, with the Phase Prism working how it does, I wouldn't be surprised if they actually had units that could act like portable Creep Colonies that could set down in an area and spread Creep, then get up to leave again.

Also it'd be interesting if they did like in Alien vs Predator: Extinction with the Aliens and made it so that Zerg forces heal faster on land covered by Creep.

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
The Banelings look stupid, and they roll? TF?!