Which is the best Race ????

mystery_inc18

Reaction score
hi guys, i not an expert but not that bad either......i usually use orcs and sometimes night elf. what do u guys usually use and which race do u think is the best ??? I hv'nt played much with other races so i can't comment on them but i think orcs are pretty cool.

cLiX

Member!
Reaction score
night elf has lots of good micro, orcs can have massive attacks and keep momentum, undead has huge attacks with bringing bad dead soldier, and human is my favorite with riflemen and healers... but dont listen to me cause im no_Ob

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Go play orc.

You got the BM which does amazing amount of damage with critical strike and his already high agility. Then you get windwalk which guarantees hero kills. In order to kill a BM with WW, you need to strip his mana, get dust to reveal him, focus fire at him and even then, he can always use his TP.

Then you have a Tauren Chieftain who has the best aura in the game with two amazing damage spells and his ultimate forces you to kill him twice, which then you could TP and he gives no experience if he revives.

Then you have your Far Seer who has a summon that gives little exp when killed and does amazing damage. Then you have chain lightning, which does NOT require to be aimed like blizzard or other AoE spells. Just one cast and it automatically aims for you... how convenient.

Then finally you have your shadow hunter who has a healing that does NOT have to be aimed like other spells and it heals the units with the lowest HP AND you can heal yourself... again, convenient. Then hex does amazing damage and hex disables TPs.

Now on the building front, there's hardly a structure at all. For instance, if you don't have a graveyard as undead, you can't make ANY tier 2 buildings. For Orc, you don't even need any buildings for your tier 2 buildings!

Orc has the best worker defense. While acolytes can easily be attacked, orc just has to go into burrow and BAM, can't hurt no peons.

Orc also has the most units available at tier 2. The beastiary makes FOUR units that are all available. The only "locked" unit is the tauren. UD has to wait for abom, destroyer and frost wyrm. Humans wait for tanks, gryphons and knights. Elves wait for bears and chimaeras. Again... how convenient.

Then the grunts themselves are impressive. Unlike all the OTHER tier 1, 3-food units, grunts can be made right off the bat. No huntress hall, blacksmith or graveyard needed. And grunts themselves have 700 hp. That means they can easily tank damage.

Then at their shop, they have the amazing healing salve. 100 gold healing salve heals 1200 hp. Wow. Then you get the speed scroll which helps you chase after enemies. You also get the best orb in the game, the lightning which stops movement of any target, which means a BM with this kills many heroes.

Then we move on to the beastiary. Raiders get an ensnare ability which works on heroes. WORKS ON HEROES. I mean hero stunners come from other heroes, but raiders... wow.

Then you have bats. I mean this is probably the reason why air is never used on orc. Make 10 gargs. Watch them all die to 3 bats. Blizzard officially killed air.

Then wyverns. They do AMAZING damage, yet unlike other air, they come at tier 2. Wow.

Then we get the casters. Shaman have purge which is like a mini ensnare, so you can slow heroes enough to kill them. Then at tier 3, they pack bloodlust, which is the best buff there is. Combine that with Tauren pulverize or Blademaster critical strike and wow.

Then there's the doctors. Drop a ward and run. Easy.

Yea, so orc sounds fun.

brightlight

Member!
Reaction score
Do you mean which race is the easiest?
b/c blizzard is really trying hard to balance the game.. not trying to give one race huge adv over others. There are imbalanced match ups where one race is favoured.
For eg. Undead vs Orc. Orc is favored (american way now!) greatly.

I play ud as main, and time to time hu. I played all races though. If your not expert, dont bother touching hu, especially ud for awhile.

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
UD is not favored, because they LACK OPTIONS at tier 2. Let's see what you get from tier 2 for UD:

2 casters
1 siege
1 statue
1 shade
1 air

These are nice and all, but they are UTITILITY units. If anything UD NEEDS a meatshield, not elf.

Let's look at what Orc gains from tier 2:

1 siege
3 casters
2 air
1 kodo
1 raider

Look at that.

UD gets 6 units that are just utilities, while Orc gets a solid 8. Blizzard needs to get their act straight.

brightlight

Member!
Reaction score
UD is not favored, because they LACK OPTIONS at tier 2. Let's see what you get from tier 2 for UD:

2 casters
1 siege
1 statue
1 shade
1 air

These are nice and all, but they are UTITILITY units. If anything UD NEEDS a meatshield, not elf.

Let's look at what Orc gains from tier 2:

1 siege
3 casters
2 air
1 kodo
1 raider

Look at that.

UD gets 6 units that are just utilities, while Orc gets a solid 8. Blizzard needs to get their act straight.
i also like to include:

The fact that creates such imba mu is b/c
Orc's expo cannot be stopped at avg level of playing.

And the fact ghoul/fiend, a tier 1 unit is used the entire game. And only small portion of the army is tier 3 (destroyers) b/c any later hitting of opponent's base will allow orc to gain too much resource advantage.