Where did you hear about the game?

Crookedfoot

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I used to subscribe to a magazine.. PCGamers I believe was the title, they had a review on the game.
I was already playing Dark Colony from Stategic Simulations which is so similar I still think Blizzard used it as a template.
In the next issue of the magazine they had the demo on their disk.
Soon after the official game came out.. I got it.
So when you consider I was playing the game before it came out, I may have been playing about the longest of anyone here.
Yet most any twelve year old can own my ass.

DigitalElite

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
fishdynastyproducts.deviantART.com
I am 16 and cant beat you Crooked:(

And youneed to post more...I rarely see you post anymore...I feel you are turning into ChrisUK...

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Crookedfoot
I used to subscribe to a magazine.. PCGamers I believe was the title, they had a review on the game.
I was already playing Dark Colony from Stategic Simulations which is so similar I still think Blizzard used it as a template.
In the next issue of the magazine they had the demo on their disk.
Soon after the official game came out.. I got it.
So when you consider I was playing the game before it came out, I may have been playing about the longest of anyone here.
Yet most any twelve year old can own my ass.
when I join these forum, I could have beat you..

Now I highly doubt you could lsoe to me

DigitalElite

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
fishdynastyproducts.deviantART.com
I subscribe to PCGamer now :D

betaalpha5

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
why did u steal that man? how much would it have cost u if u were honest?

Bag

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.xanga.com
I heard about it from my friend and I went over his house a couple of times and played it occasionally. That basically got me hooked and I went to buy the Battlechest at EB around 2000. I think I ended up only paying 20$ for it :p

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Originally posted by PUMPKINHEAD
i got sc when i bought new computer (2 years ago), they installed sc+bw as a service
i doubt that

W

WhiteBeatDown

heard bout it from friend he wouldnt stop talking about it and bugging me to buy it he plays 24/7 on uswest ive been playing for less than a year n im in one of da best clans lol Clan overdoesd(od)

Thusa

Member!
Reaction score
my friend had it when i was around 9-10...i bought it and didnt open till i was 14...now im hooked

james_in_time

Member!
Reaction score
my friend had been telling me about it like a couple months after the original came out but like 2 weeks later he was mega pissed because he thought he lost the cd so he went and bought a new disc two days later at like 7am he came knocking on my door and i was like wtf u want!? and he held up the sc disc and everything and he had found the cd, it was in one of his cd cases.. he gave me the book and cd installed it for me and everything he said " I will return in the morning,then shall we return to aiur.. memorize that book" and pointed at the book and i was like wtf ever..wth is auir and i dont like to read!! so i forgot all about it and the next morning like 4am i couldnt sleep so i ended up skimming thru the book and he came as he said and showed me how to play and he was acting real weird because he said he hadnt got much sleep.. later i found out how addicting the game was and after that i got used to not sleeping alot... starcraft is where my long hours and computer gaming started

DarkRider

Xbox Junkie
Reaction score
my brother.... Blue_ introduced the game to me way back in late 1999. And then I bought the game in early 2000. And then when BW came out, I bought that. And to this very day, I play this game like no tomorrow.