Where did you hear about the game?

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I was like 13 when I heard some friends of mine talking about the game. So, I went to a friend's house to see how it was, but the guy sucked at explaining, and he showed me how the Dark Archon owned, by using cheats and mass Minding Controling the other guy...

After that, I asked him to burn the CD, and I started playing BW (I didn't play original first), and some time later I owned him :D

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
after awhile SC just kind of became the computer game to know. Some of my friends had it lying around and when I went game huntin the box set was 20 so i went for it.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Recently, some guys installed this program on our crappy school computers to reset the Administrator password and installed SC on it.

Fun LAN fights. :)

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
I think its a phase in life where u see a RST/war game and you want it idk any way like i was 13

DigitalElite

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
fishdynastyproducts.deviantART.com
In 1998, when I was a wee little lad at the age of 10, my friend got it from his dad, for his mac. We played, but what hooked me was the online play. So, at compserve, I bought original for $20. Later around 2000, I bought the expansion, and still play it to this day.

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
Summer of 2001, I was around 11 or 12. I went over to my brother's friends house and I saw him playing a cool game. He told me he was online and he was playing a game within a game called Turret Defense.
My brother and I borrowed his original CD and I played with Zerg and had no clue what I was doing, but my brother told me some cheats like invincible mode and sweet minerals so I decided to experiement around with races.
After a week, I bought the battlechest for I think it was $30usd and look at me now.:rollie
What got me to start making maps is... Wait, this could arouse up a good topic for the UMS forum.

ePiDeMiX

Reaction score
Website
happyhardcore.no-ip.info
It was back when I was about say, 18-19. Going through a bit of college and had some spare time on my hands. My roomate had a couple copies, so we hooked up and played. I played for about 7 months, before it got unimaginably boring.

ShaftedTwice

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by TrongaMonga
I was like 13 when I heard some friends of mine talking about the game. So, I went to a friend's house to see how it was, but the guy sucked at explaining, and he showed me how the Dark Archon owned, by using cheats and mass Minding Controling the other guy...

After that, I asked him to burn the CD, and I started playing BW (I didn't play original first), and some time later I owned him :D
Thought you didnt have it.. :|

My friends were talking about it like 4 or 5 years back, been on ever since. Plus, my teacher used to play it.. :X

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I had it when I was 13 :rolleyes.

6 years later, I don't have it, because the CD broke. But I'm working on it ;)

Jagfel

Member!
Reaction score
My friend had it, I bugged my parents for 3 years before I finally got it... (I was in like grade 5 when I heard about it)

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
I went to a summer thing, like at a collage when I was 13. We played LANS, AND all my friends were already playing it :(.

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i heard about it from afirend i think i was about 10 , he sucked so bad, i beat him after a weak of playin,he had the game for a month too.. HE still sucks lol whenever u attack him he leaves game

Zmoney

Reaction score
Random find in 7th grade, played it hardore nonstop for 2 years.
(moneymaps)

dP

Member!
Reaction score
my dad download the demo for some reason then i played it. i always wanted to buy it but i never got around to it. when i was 11, i got it.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Well my friends used to talk about it a bit when it was popular, so i bought it from a friend for $10. I loved it, and when i heard BW was out, i bought it for $40. Sure was worth it.

B)ushid(o

Reaction score
I remember I saw my older cousin play it around the year 2000. Then I remember seeing my friend p[lay it a year later and I instantly liked what I saw. StarCraft was my first computer game and then my dad got me Brood War later. I played it on the weekends for hours and I barely ever stopped playing it until I got Diablo II, but I got bored of it and went back to StarCraft. I lent Brood War and Original StarCraft to someone a few months ago and I never saw it again. I need to get in the habit of taking back what I lend out, I lost Red Alert 2 doing the same thing :\

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Warcraft II. THe warcraft had perviews for starcraft. the name sounded interesting, and when I saw the previews I said " I have to have this"

Got it the first day it was released. same with broodwar.