When you get rushed how do u handle it.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I don't think you can prepare against a rush though. I'd use the DH and Meta to hold off and make a path to MWs to heal, before hitting with Dryads and DotTs' FF to get things annoying.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Tell me, in a rush we are talking about early game. later it is just attacking. so how the hell do you have meta, dryads and dott?

moonwells, archers and wisps are your best bet with rushes. a good hero is DH.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Then you've not got much choice then.....

The KotG isn't bad with FoN but often I don't choose FoN, I choose Roots if I do use KotG.

Shizo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
against rush isnt warden a better choice? opponent seeing an FoN from her might scare opp. away long enough for you to recooperate from any damage you sustained? 4 archer+lvl 2 warden w/shadow strike+FoN is kinda scary for a rusher.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Roots is the first and best KOTG spell. IT is so ****ing cheap. do it to a fleeing hero, he cant even ****ing attack or do anything.

Warden is a much better choice. FOK and strike is a deadly combo. i remmebr killing like 5 footmen and a hero arround me with FOK.
A level 10 warden is the ideal hero.

ShadowStealer87

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yea i think warden would be pretty good cause once you hit their hero with shadow strike they will probably wanna get outta there. But i think Kotg is also realy good with entangle so when your opponent is leaving entangle one of his units and kill him with some archers. The thing about Kotg is if you only have entangle and some archers your gonna need some good micro skills. I usually go Dh though with meta, drain their hero of mana slowly while i have some archers in the back firing on them.

CertS

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i dont even use roots for heros anymore unless they are fleeing. roots now completely disables units therefor putting it out of battle. its like banish now except it does dmg. lets say a double ne mirror match entangle might just give u that edge by putting 2-3 hunts out of commission

ShadowStealer87

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
why do u think entangle is so usefull it helps to slowly pick off units. well atleast thats how i use it. Well for first pick ranged hero i think for NE kotg is the better then potm. that is only for first pick though.

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Entangle is an awesome hero killer! How many times have you been rushed / hero harrassed and the hero runs away wit about 11 life and there'e nothing you can do about it and it annoys you like hell? It never happens with entangle, and it really pisses off the other team too =P

M

Mythomane

I think a good build strategy is effective against early rushes. I throw the altar and AoW beside my ToL and 3 spaces out put 2 moonwells side by side leaving just enough room for 2 ancient protectors side by side. Usually by the time they rush and get to your base i have a protector built or building and they can't get to it with more then 1 unit so it just picks them off while you fend em off with your hero DH is very effective for this since he's got some kick to him and takes a little encouragement to die.

Formation looks somethins like this in case your haveing trouble picturing it

Aow Mw Mw HH
Aow AP AP HH
Aow tree O life HH

Siphon

Member!
Reaction score
Website
slashdot.org
You have to set your base up so there's a line of wells then your ancients a space in front of them and room for units. If you can draw the enemy into the Ancients then you're guna kill and make sure to stay organized. Don't bunch buildings up so much that when you tp you get stuck and you pretty much just have to use wisps to dispel anything with mana, and to repair, heal with wells, use hide (if night), target weak units, and have early units if you tech. A lot of noobs let their hero's health get really low and then TP out of the battle that they'd have won reguardless. Hero targeting is a good idea most of the time.

john-shim

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I just use demon hunter and get near the buildings so if they attack me they get hurt unless they are ranged units than I hit them with imolation and than heal and so on and if one of my units are about too die i just do shadow meld and than bring them back into the battle when they stop trying to attack the unit that is hurt.

NerullReaper

Member!
Reaction score
Website
http
When I get rushed...

When Im rushed and im NE I normally have DH and some archers.Give DH either mana burn or immolation.Immolation is good for tier 1 melee units.

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
I like a warden early on with FoN and Blink. This helps so that you can FoN them, because FoN owns tier one units...then blink back to your wells, heal mana/life, FoN 2 more times, go back....etc. Also, the warden runs so fast, you can run around in circles around you AoW or Tree of Life and kill off melee that way. If they try to run with their wounded units, then FoN them, or if you can catch them, Blink and then FoN them. :p

NeverGoingBack

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
same goes for me in solo and team just mass those archers and and make sure your moonwells are on auto-cast.

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
I don't like moonwells on autocast, I just use them to keep my warden alive if I'm defending my base.
Also....mass archers die way to ez.