When will Starcraft II be out? (Answers here!)

Jon_K

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
* Currently Blizzard is not working on StarCraft 2 (as far as we know :) so there is no way for us to know when it will be out. We realize that there are a lot of rumors floating around regarding this, and here are some simple counterpoints for them:

1. StarCraft is still doing alright as far as sales are concerned. From a purely financial position, there's no reason to interrupt that with announcement of a new SC. Rather if they wait and announce it after StarCraft sales have slowed to near a halt, it will give them a shot in the arm, which means more $$$.

2. (This is the one that the new rumors have been catering to, since it was used to shoot down all the previous rumors)Blizzard is divided into two "camps": Blizzard and Blizzard North. North has worked on the RPGs (Diablo, Diablo 2), and Blizzard has worked on the strategy games (War1, War2, SC). Therefore, since the Blizzard team is working on WarCraft 3, they can't really be working on SC2 also.

3. The new rumors claim Blizzard split the "Blizzard" team into two groups, now as an active person in the community I know this is false for two reasons. First, it takes Blizzard forever to make games as it is, if they split the team, they would be looking at around a 5 year production window (estimate obviously). Second, they haven't hired enough other people to fill in those teams, if that's what you were thinking.

4. Blizzard wouldn't release two strategy games at the same time because that is just stupid. They would steal their own customers. It would be like Verant making two online rpgs at the same time... financially idiotic.

5. Some of the rumors state that Blizzard will announce this news at E3. Blizzard announces their biggest news at the ECTS, not at E3.

6. Blizzard has officially stated that they are not working on StarCraft 2. They do however state they will in the future. That means not for a while. If they stated "Near" future, then that means 2 or 3 years... so this means they probably won't release it for another 5 years or so.

Raccoon

Post Djinn
Reaction score
What would you want them to include / fix in the patch then?

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
I believe Starcraft 2 is gonna come out when World of Warcraft, Warcraft III, and Starcraft: Ghost get old...so its gonna come out, maybe 2010.

darkarchon

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
There is no way that i'm going to wait 5 years for the second SC to come out! by then i will be busy to even play the game! SC is like the only computer game i play!

battle plans

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
sc is the only game u play wow someone needs to buy some more games try hl or cs or something id stay away from d2 bad game

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
If I was going to quit Starcraft now, I wouldn't have bought it at the first place.

HunterOriginal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
since the Blizzard team is working on WarCraft 3, they can't really be working on SC2 also.
unfortunitly i must prove that rong, amongst other things.. blizzard has finnished working on wc3.. sure there are new patches an all but that only takes a small handfull of people.. (2-6 programers.) so why couldnt they be working on sc2? also blizzard has always made it a point not to leave their players hangin.. they know were ALL antisipating its release and a re working as hard as they can.. it is planned to have a sudden release date (almost without warning) after all they didn't anounce wc3 untill it was almost done! and they wouldnt do something like that to boost sales.. when they made wc3 their wc2 sales stade consistant.. same with d2.. why would they leave us hanging for sc2? blizzard is trying there best to make everyone happy and as a clan leader i know how f**king hard that can be. give em a brake.. sc2 will blow everyone away.. and yes they are working on it, you get a preview if you beat wc3 on hard mode. at the very end of the credits and cutseens.

I_CANADIAN_I

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I disagree. Do you know how hard it is to keep things secrets? The U.S.A government can't even keep a secret about area 51. People that worked there have been talking out lately. It would be 2 hard 2 keep a secret. What if a worker got angry and decided to blow the whole thing. Wouldn't it be finacialy better to tell us that sc2 is comeing out? Because if they announce it then people get all pumped up and then people will want to buy sc so they can find out what the game is like and what the story line is.

So I think you are wrong on that one

HunterOriginal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
its kinda crap actualy.. but its a short film that has a line of marines (and afterward firebats) killing wave after wave of hydras.. but you can tell its ment to be starcraft.. and judging by it i'd say the extra caracters in wc3 (hydras and such) will be the basic "wire-frames" that they use in sc2.. i believe it will be like wc3 but probubly a bit more updated.. you can expect they little day and night clock to stay.. without a dought.

HunterOriginal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
whats that suppost to mean? and why should we listen to you?

Zerga

Reaction score
Website
zerga.proboards20.com
Well, Ghost should be almost finished now. Blizzard is planning yo release it sometime early 2004. I'm sure they are finished making it and just testing it now or polishing the game. WoW's beta will be released supposedly this month. So I'm sure Blizzard at least started planning their next project or starting to work on it. (hopefully sc2) When Blizzard announces a game, they already have all these pictures to show us and the site design is really nice. Blizzard recently needed a webmaster. I'm also positive they started working on another project.

HunterOriginal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
i herd that they were bought out by microsoft.. is that true? i hope not.. no offence or anything but microsoft would have no idea how to make blizzard's storylines work.. its always been blizz's specialty.

aphextwin

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
im guessing scii will come out within a year or 2....... their still creating ghost

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
Two suns cannot exist for one planet.

There're already Warcraft III, and Expansion out, and now, they are currently making WoW, and SC: G. We have to wait more than that. and even if Blizzard made SC 2, they wouldn't release it until people get tired of these new games they are making.