Whats Your BIGGEST loss during an XFER

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopGun

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Well to start this off, this morning i joined someone elses game to transfer. Well i went to cold plains and dropped my 17/18 pally torch and my 19/20/8 anni and 140 um'd shako.. well when i came back with my smiter i looked in the corner.. and they were GONE>, so i came back with my hammerdin to trace my steps, and thankfully i had just looked in teh wrong corner.. i have them now, and just to be safe i will never try that again. Wow scared the shit outa me.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
An 8/8 dual leech rare ring and two stones of jordan with a 49% Tarnhelm in 1.04.

But I doubt you know anything about what all thats worth back then

Magius

Member!
Reaction score
Full Sigon Set, Aldur armour and helm, and a pnagel. Not bad, really, but I won't try to move stuff that takes up more than my inventory all at once again, lol... stupid realm down...

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
TopGun said:
Well to start this off, this morning i joined someone elses game to transfer. Well i went to cold plains and dropped my 17/18 pally torch and my 19/20/8 anni and 140 um'd shako.. well when i came back with my smiter i looked in the corner.. and they were GONE>, so i came back with my hammerdin to trace my steps, and thankfully i had just looked in teh wrong corner.. i have them now, and just to be safe i will never try that again. Wow scared the shit outa me.
To rectify this later on, when you xfer ask a friend to hold it till you come back. It may take a bit nore time, but, (you will still have your items if anything happens). I learned my lesson with a realm down. On this I lost 2x BotD Zerkers, CoH, Arreat's Face (Umed), and something else I don't remember, for a frenzy barb I was making back before the reset. I almost cryed. All of this was just laying on the ground like I always did before.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Man, you guys don't know how to appreciate the value of the shit from back in the day.

Everyone needs to go back to patch 1.04 and play it through and realize how much better the game was back then.

Darth-Laoshi

Member!
Reaction score
SouLeSS said:
Man, you guys don't know how to appreciate the value of the shit from back in the day.

Everyone needs to go back to patch 1.04 and play it through and realize how much better the game was back then.
Wtf? Where did that come from?

Anyway, my worst loss was only some res charms... but they were good, such as: 3x 5 all res sc's; 1x 7 all res lc; 1x 15 all res gc; 1x 14 all res gc (a few of them had other mods I don't remember). It was annoying because they were the only source of additional res for the character they were intended for.

Nowadays, when I have to solo-xfer I only do 1 or 2 "godlies" at a time.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
It came from the fact that all your biggest losses are from shit in the newer paatches.

Darth-Laoshi

Member!
Reaction score
SouLeSS said:
It came from the fact that all your biggest losses are from shit in the newer paatches.
So what? Is this a competition? Also, there's nothing in the posts previous to your comment that implies these people didn't play 1.04, nor that they don't appreciate the value of those items.

I've lost items of greater value before, but those charms I mentioned earlier were actually needed at the time so it upset me the most. That was about a month ago.

Socketing a Sig Shield with a chipped diamond is pretty funny.

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
Darth-Laoshi said:
Socketing a Sig Shield with a chipped diamond is pretty funny.
Why is that funny, I socketed the armor,(chipped skull) helm,( chipped skull) and shield (chipped Diamond)

Complete Set Bonus
+10% Life Stolen Per Hit
+100 Defense
+20 To Mana
Fire Resist +12%
+24 To Max Fire Damage
Attacker Takes Damage of 12
Damage Reduced By 7

Replenish Life +4, Regenerate Mana 16% (from chipped Skulls)
All Resistances +6% (chipped Diamond in shield)
Add Khalim's Will as your weapon you got one bad ass beginner lvl gear

Khalim's Will
One-Hand Damage 1 to 15
Durability 150
Mace Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
6% mana stolen per hit
adds 1-40 lightning damage
+40 to attack rating
greatly increased attack speed
150% damage to undead

Try it out next time you got a new melee character, don't laugh it's rather good.
With this you will be doing 1-40 damage with 24 fire and 40 lightning damage, duel leech, duel regen IAS, + to AR, +100 def, +20 mana, +150% damage to undead, attacker takes 12 damage on striking, DR, not to mention your resists are at 18(f), 6(c), 6(l) 6(p) at like lvl 7

Tell me any gear better at that lvl :p
So back on topic, that was something big to me lol.

Shadow-Hunter

Member!
Reaction score
XxSworn_EnemyxX said:
Why is that funny, I socketed the armor,(chipped skull) helm,( chipped skull) and shield (chipped Diamond)

Complete Set Bonus
+10% Life Stolen Per Hit
+100 Defense
+20 To Mana
Fire Resist +12%
+24 To Max Fire Damage
Attacker Takes Damage of 12
Damage Reduced By 7

Replenish Life +4, Regenerate Mana 16% (from chipped Skulls)
All Resistances +6% (chipped Diamond in shield)
Add Khalim's Will as your weapon you got one bad ass beginner lvl gear

Khalim's Will
One-Hand Damage 1 to 15
Durability 150
Mace Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
6% mana stolen per hit
adds 1-40 lightning damage
+40 to attack rating
greatly increased attack speed
150% damage to undead

Try it out next time you got a new melee character, don't laugh it's rather good.
With this you will be doing 1-40 damage with 24 fire and 40 lightning damage, duel leech, duel regen IAS, + to AR, +100 def, +20 mana, +150% damage to undead, attacker takes 12 damage on striking, DR, not to mention your resists are at 18(f), 6(c), 6(l) 6(p) at like lvl 7

Tell me any gear better at that lvl :p
So back on topic, that was something big to me lol.
Does .09 count? becouse i belive there was Some jewels adding like 20% life, 20%more mana, 45 max dmg, and 20 all res.. with lvl Req of 0 = ZERO!.. and then there was some rare rings with 2 all skills, dual leech and some more kewl stuff... also some gloves with 80+%ed.. Pretty neet... :p but that was bugged stuff ofc ;)

~Shadow

Reaction score
I have quit D2 since then, and I'm now a WoW addict, but anyways, My biggest loss was all of my PnB Necro's gear (Including 10xpnb gc's, anni, torch, hoto, 2 sojs, enigma, and all that jazz. I was so pissed off then, but now, I could give 2 shits.

WOW FOR LIFE!

Carbon

Battle God
Reaction score
i lost 10 fire gcs including a 38 lifer and an fhr 5 soj 8 runes and a pair of imps

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
Shadow-Hunter said:
Does .09 count? becouse i belive there was Some jewels adding like 20% life, 20%more mana, 45 max dmg, and 20 all res.. with lvl Req of 0 = ZERO!.. and then there was some rare rings with 2 all skills, dual leech and some more kewl stuff... also some gloves with 80+%ed.. Pretty neet... :p but that was bugged stuff ofc ;)

~Shadow
Ahhhh the good old days .... I miss .09 big time. I guess that counted then, since almost everything was duped or bugged. Of course now that stuff is not around now, so ....

At the end of .09 I had a bowzon with all duped/bugged gear (like WF ect.) but, that all vanished ..... grrrrr.

Explicit

Member!
Reaction score
lol when i wasnt able to get them whenever i wanted and i was lucky to have them i went into a game with my friend and told him if he left i would kill him.

and i went to a5 teled to a really hard place to find something in a5 and dropped

3 zod
2 um
3 pul

2 botd
1 enigma
2 soj

probably my worst experience in d2 ever when game suddenly didnt exist

D6E6A6D

Member!
Reaction score
back in the day, mine was a 173 1 hand damage exec sword, and an 8xx ornate armor. ah goodness teh good ol days. make sme want to start playing classic again.
also when i did quite i left my account to a friend told him not to remove any otems, well he stripped my nec, was a poison nec named Fungal, yea the named alone pwns all. had 10 PnB gc's all 35+life, 20/18 anni, life/mana sc's +2 -49% deaths web socketed with 5/5 facet, mageplate enigma, imps, arach sash, rare +2 20 dex, 75% plr, 15 res all ammy, shako and homonculus both socketed with 5/5 facets.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
D6E6A6D said:
back in the day, mine was a 173 1 hand damage exec sword, and an 8xx ornate armor. ah goodness teh good ol days. make sme want to start playing classic again.

Hey, alright, someone who knows where I'm comming from.

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
my biggest loss in an xfer was at the end of 1.10, i was going to start a new account, so i was stripping -all- my characters and muling to a new account, stripped EVERYONE (full godly bowazon, smiter, hammerdin, ele druid, mf tals blizz sorc, countess light sorc and mules of xtra runewords) and it took me a while (was bs'n with a friend in game)

eventually when i picked up all my gear i realized i was missing a LOT of shit, turns out d2 did a game sweep and was clearing things off the ground, and my items poofed (thats why in cow games after theyve been open and clear for a while theres barely anys hit on the ground) i lost baout half my gear that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.