What would you want in a solo map?

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
After playing solo games for a while, I just realized the new batch of maps suck total ass (well, most of them). I want to make a Solo map that fits 4 people (solo, 2on2 and FFA compatiable).

I am wondering what you guys want in a solo map that makes it enjoyable and playable for you and others!

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmm ok :
- 2 green spots or 1 orange close to the base but weak which can give you quickly lvl 2 and not some from which you can lose a lot - raising skeletons or summoning strong creeps - i say no imba about green and orange spots.
- a shop somwhere on the map
- a tavern in the center
- not too many circling paths (not a labyrinth ), not a start loacation with 1 entrance- this is not Starcraft, no cliff start locations - where you need zeppelin to move
- not too many trees and other doodads in the base so that you dont have space for buildings
- not too many imba creeps at least 1 which has wave/skeletons/ immolation even for red spot
-goblin observatory (orange creeps)
-another mines for expo- not more than total of 4 mines (1 basic and 1 for expo)

ChrisH36

Reaction score
MS said:
- not too many circling paths (not a labyrinth ), not a start loacation with 1 entrance- this is not Starcraft, no cliff start locations - where you need zeppelin to move
A reason why I keep Hurricane Isle Thumbs downed.

JLAH

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Mystic Sorcerer said:
-another mines for expo- not more than total of 4 mines (1 basic and 1 for expo)
I like maps like that, i dont like the ones where theres too many mines, dont like the fact that the other guy might have multiple expos or playing on maps that are actually 2v2 and have 8 mines total, i really dont like that hehe.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Red creeps (2-4) that drop good items, but arn't easy to kill too quickly.
Not to loarge so as you can jsut tech and expand quickly, *cough*LT*cough*

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I see, you mean like an expo up the road, but with some resistance.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
After playing solo games for a while, I just realized the new batch of maps suck total ass (well, most of them). I want to make a Solo map that fits 4 people (solo, 2on2 and FFA compatiable).

I am wondering what you guys want in a solo map that makes it enjoyable and playable for you and others!
- stupid green creeps without heavy armor.
- orange creeps like the ones on Twisted Meadows let's say
- red creeps must be powerfull with good items to give but not aerial, I hate those dragons.
- a fountain of some kind would be nice;
- and maybe a marketplace and of course goblin merchant;
- i think a tavern is required also;

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Pan said:
Red creeps (2-4) that drop good items, but arn't easy to kill too quickly.
Not to loarge so as you can jsut tech and expand quickly, *cough*LT*cough*
We dont want to make the same old Echo isles where you have a healing fountain right in your base to mass abuse and creep with heroes such BM. Yes you shouldnt abuse with fountains - 1 in the center guarded by red creeps and you can randomize it - healing or mana.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Mystic Sorcerer said:
We dont want to make the same old Echo isles where you have a healing fountain right in your base to mass abuse and creep with heroes such BM. Yes you shouldnt abuse with fountains - 1 in the center guarded by red creeps and you can randomize it - healing or mana.
No, I think there shuold be like 2 mines on the map that are guarded by red creeps, but are strong red, really strong.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Yeah, but then you can't exactly get fast expos and you might not have the men to take it until you get t3.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Yeah, but then you can't exactly get fast expos and you might not have the men to take it until you get t3.
that is why in additon to red creeps, you have maybe another 2 mines with orange creeps, totaling 6 mines, two start, two orange and two red. Similar to how Plunder isle was laid out, except making two of the mines harder to creep.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I also think that if we include a Marketplace, it should be guarded by yellows, not reds.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
No market place. trust me, it is to easy to abuse with the right case. I've had 6 auras going.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
That actually depends on what items were dropped by other monsters. I could always make it so no aura items drop.