What will YOU be doing after D2?

SweatyOgre

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Meh, it just feels like that is advertising.

xjMaN88lx

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
it looks awesome whens it coming out:?

xjMaN88lx

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ite man u gotta post when bc im gonna be on that like a fat kid on cake .. is it free to play online bc all the fun games with housing and crap like star wars galaxies cost money.. i used to sell items on d2 and it got borin mayb sellin crap on this game wuld b fun post more info for everyone

IDefy

Reaction score
I was looking into that or WoW. Still haven't decided. I'm still waiting for bloody half life 2 to come out. I don't plan on playing d2 much longer, maybe 2 months? idk.

irdamage

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well that looks more like an MMORPG, d2 really isnt one of those, its only MMO, for a couple reasons

1. no monthly payments :D:D
2. no long in depth story
3. no nerds who dress up like the characters (thank u jesus)

But it does look pretty decent

xjMaN88lx

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
wait so guild wars = monthly payments? those damn games with monthly payments shuld b free

SweatyOgre

Reaction score
Here's some more info about it for you jman

What is the expected release date? Has it changed?

There has been no change in the release window, and we anticipate that Guild Wars will be released in the second half of 2004.

Will there be a monthly fee for Guild Wars?

No, there will not be a monthly subscription fee of any kind, anywhere in the world.

How much will Guild Wars cost? How much will additional chapters cost?

Guild Wars will be competitively priced, comparable to the cost of other titles of its quality. The subsequent chapters of Guild Wars will also be priced at a level comparable to other games.
NO MONTHLY FEE. By the "comparable to the cost of other titles of its quality" I'm guessing it'll be around $40, too.

Guild Wars = SEKS!!!!111111113

And here are some similarities between GW and D2:
Is Guild Wars an MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game)?

Guild Wars has some similarities to existing MMORPGs, but it also has some key differences.
Like existing MMOs, Guild Wars is played entirely online in a secure hosted environment. Thousands of players inhabit the same virtual world. Players can meet new friends in gathering places like towns and outposts where they form parties and go questing with them. Unlike many MMOs, when players form a party and embark upon a quest in Guild Wars, they get their own private copy of the area where the quest takes place. This design eliminates some of the frustrating gameplay elements commonly associated with MMOs, such as spawn camping, kill stealing, and lines to complete a quest.

Guild Wars takes place in a large virtual world made up of many different zones, and players can walk from one end of the world to the other. But Guild Wars eliminates much of the tedium of traveling through the world. Players can instantly return to any safe area (town or outpost) that they've previously visited just by clicking on it in the world overview map.

Rather than labeling Guild Wars an MMORPG, we prefer to call it a CORPG (Competitive Online Role-Playing Game). Guild Wars was designed from the ground up to create the best possible competitive role-playing experience. Success in Guild Wars is always the result of player skill, not time spent playing or the size of one's guild. As characters progress, they acquire a diverse set of skills and items, enabling them to use new strategies in combat. Players can do battle in open arenas or compete in guild-on-guild warfare or the international tournament. But engaging in combat is always the player's choice; there is no player-killing in cooperative areas of the world.

Finally, unlike existing MMOs, all characters in Guild Wars inhabit the same virtual world -- they are not divided onto different servers or shards -- so players can always team up with or compete against any other player in the world.

B

Biomera

I know O/t but

Fallout 2 rocked so much, I bought Fallout Tactics but what the **** happened there anyways I'm with etanol I've been dreaming of Fallout 3 forever

xjMaN88lx

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
my computer rox0rs guild wars s0xors we needa get a guild wars forum up when its released.. no dates? or time periods?

Stryder

Reaction score
Look ok, but im going to play WoW instead of that, im more of a blizzard person. l=p

bo0ga01

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
we should all keep in touch..become very interested in this game..and a couple of weeks before the release, we should plan a guild, whos gonna be what, what our strategies are..you know..just an idea..anyone agree?