Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters

AiYaZ

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by forgotmypasswd
does anyon get it??? Its a joke. This poll got all the units I rarely see on the bnet :)
It's a joke? What's wrong with queens? or bats? or vultures? they're all units that I would use in a good melee game.

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by sakuhta
they own them anyways they do great damage to light armor units...anyway you said which unit would own on its own? As I said. Battlecruiser. No matter what you put it against, Yamatoe still owns you. :)
Just about anything for cost will take crusiers down. Including scouts, corsairs, carriers(carriers will stay out of range of crusiers), wraiths, scourge, dragoons, templars, goliaths,etc.

As for YC, it takes forever to charge and fire.

BCs have one of the worst damage potentials in the game.
BCs without YC are amongst the weakest air units in the game.

AiYaZ

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The weakest air unit? What have you been taking? A scout cannot beat a battlecruiser in a 1v1, scouts have a lot of potential but the only way it could beat a battlecruiser is in a group. And you mentioned corsairs? Are you nuts? Corsairs do 5 damage and battlecruisers have around 3 armor already, it'd take 250+ hits to destroy a BC.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
maybe but coirs can fire a lot faster than a scout and in groups with scouts coris and scouts woujld be the best air force in the entire game.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Aiyaz, if you read my post before responding, you would have seen WITHOUT YC, BCs are amongst the weakest air units in the game. READ. For cost, meaning that for equal cost of corsairs and scouts will bring down crusiers easily.

AiYaZ

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Err... that's where you and I disagree, bcs dont need yamato guns to be good, BCs have the most live and a nice attack. I do not understand how you can classify them as "amongst the weakest air unit" in the game.

Reaction score
Website
none.com
all units are good ,for example lings had little HP but it attacks very fast,upgrade its speeds,1v1 zealot, ling can almost take it out. all units had their own specialties, like ghost/vulture good against zealot. weaker units always had special strengths or abilities so they can be balanced to other units. all the abilities all useful and powerful too. u just have to use them in the right time.

In my own opinions the most powerful units are carriers(4newb), BC(4new), Guardians.
And i hate carriers,their little fighters are annoying.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
BC's attack damage suck for their cost.

eSc0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
when i play money maps i rarely use YC except to kill nexus/cc/hactchery fast

i can kill carriers very very fast with BC's if it was only a carriers 10 vs BC 10 with no other units involved

forgotmypasswd

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
BC's are so ghey!
a simple plague from the lamest zerg unit, the defiler(zerg being the lamest race) can make 2 or 3 hydras take it out.

additionally mass wraths, or mass scouts can kill em. and also Ghosts who are also lame( only 45 hp ) , but even THEY can take out a BC.

The firebat owns all ground zerg, except maybe burrowed lurks. But that unit cant even move!

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by LordSlippy
u shud put dragoons on that list....
like i said from the begining this thread is completely un blalance

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Esco,

the rest of SC community also says carriers beat crusiers so it really doesn't matter that you can beat someone who is worst than you. microed carriers(what decent player wouldn't micro his carriers) ALWAYS beat cruisers.

forgotmypasswd

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
>>u shud put dragoons on that list...<<

No, dragoons are pretty bad. Dispite being super expensive, zerglings the weakest basic fighter of the lamest race in starcraft, can own dragoons. Lings are so weak that you can fight them wtih your workers!

Firebats on the other hand can fry lings all day. Vulture spider mines can take out dragoons easy.

Dragoons are also weak against EMP. of all the units on my list, non are weak against emp except the Dark Archeon, but he has both feedback and mind control which can take out a sci vessel.

Conclusion: Goons are not 1337 enough to be on my list.

forgotmypasswd

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
arguing if one capital ship can beat another is pointless, because it doesnt matter in a real game. Anyone who builds only capitol ships is a noob. anyone who builds only capitol ships without detection is an ultranoob.

I almost bust an artery everytime
laughing as my cloaked wraths wail on someones 12 (now emp'ed)carriers that he spent 10-15 mins getting.

Insert fleet of scouts and arbitor for bc's or carriers, wash rinse, repeat.

Abominable Pamma

Premium Member
Reaction score
The best unit by far is scourge, it owns all UNITS! Unles they have ground, then you need drones...yup...good ol drones...

Oh and by the way FGMP, Vultures and firebats cant attack air, so your ****ed in that area. And also goons get owned by lings? well you dont jsut mass goons, you gotta mix units! jesus.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
he must be thinging of alph/beta of sc pamma any way that poll is more like an opion best unit i think is a scout

AiYaZ

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Whoever started this post must've been dumb because there is no such thing as "the best unit", that's what makes SC a fun game, instead of massing just 1 unit, you have to use your head and use combos.

Z

ZeroAce

Zerg isnt my faorite race but i can use them with hydras and defilers to dominate the whole game when i want to. You see not many people are going to completely mass melle units,if you go air there dead. So therefore they go units that have range so they can attack air, AND THERE IS WHERE DEFILER DUST OWNS THE GAME. Another good thing about zerg is if your enemy goes for example terran siege, and all you have is hydras, thanks to everything being built at one building you can easily go mustas and kill the siege while all you enemy has is war factories to build gols, then using the same easy format go and make hydra/defiler
and once again own the game.
I STILL THINK TERRAN IS THE BEST BUT ZERG CAN STILL OWN!