What to do in a flash

FakeNameHere

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
We all got it, head on or from a distance. What the hell do you do when you just took a flashbang to the eye? It depends on the situation for me; an open field will make me spaz out and spin in circles emptying my clip until l go to spectators. ln a narrow hallway l just run backwards spraying, and lf l lose track of my direction, l just and jump around waiting for the 'enemy' and name thingy to pop up.

What do you do?

DDRaddict

Reaction score
i have a decent idea where i am anywhere i go. so if i get flashed i know about how far i gotta go before i turn and/or jump behind or into a box. i've been able to plant the bomb blind on dust2 because i know what i was doing and i had trust in my instincts that i would be at the right spot. though we did lose that game, but that's besides the point

X

xjMaN88lx

yea learn the map if u get flashed so u know where to run and crouch and/or jump... if u hear a grenade or see one turn urself around even if its a nade just to decrease the flash timelimit

KillerMe

Reaction score
Website
www.alm.web1000.com
Maybe I'm wrong, but the sound of a flash grenade and a HE grenade (bouncing) sound a little bit different. I can't explain the difference, but I can tell it a little bit. If a flash comes at me, I try to do a 180 to avoid the majority of the impact. If I have a general idea where I am, I try to take cover (if I got the full impact of the grenade) behind a wall or crate.

Korittke

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
first off, like killerme said, turn around when it goes off. NOW, you surely know where it came from, this means you should put your crosshair in that area (head level which you should always have anyway). if youre blinded, no matter. wait for the tag "enemy: ..." to appear on screen (some prefer this in the middle of the screen so they dont have to concentrate on another part of the screen than the crosshair). shot as it shows and let him die.
some ppl will think youre an easy kill and run with a pistol or something. if you have a rifle you can easily own, him, if not, you should consider hiding. of course this doesnt work with multiple enmies either unless theyre stupid or you are good at the game.
obviously this works best with an awp because u dont need to hit the head thus making it even easier. multiple enemies may aswell retreat when they see their friend falling. this will give you some nice time to get unflashes and reload.
i know that you pointed that out in your post already, its just essential that you dont run around because u will die that way. if you just stay in your position (or another if the enemy knows where you are exactly - know the map to change positions flashed) youre accuracy is just perfect and if you know where the enemy will be coming from you will have the obvious advantage over him.

X

xjMaN88lx

killerme ur right about the sound. when a flash bounces it kind of has a hollow sound to it. when a grenade bounces has has like a "tick" sound to it like metal hitting something lightly... hard to explain tho ur right

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
I know the difference, but I never thought that turning would help...and even if I did turn, the friends I play with would shoot me in the back of the head the moment I moved ;)

Speedy

Machine Gun Funk
Reaction score
I' a lil gidget and i like to stay near boxes. That way if a nade comes my way I get ight behind it and shove myslef in a corner. Then if you hear them coming towards you as soon as they get around the box, bast e. Been workin for me lately...

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
We need to play ONE of these weekends speedy...just to see how much you have improved over the past few months.

I was like...20 something in the BF server before it got taken down :(

IceDevil9

Reaction score
Website
www.rcthaven.com
If I get flashed, I just run around and start praying like crap, then when my gun runs out, I switch tyo my pistol and start shooting with that.

[iIf[/i] I survive throgh all that then I'm quite lucky.

-Frank :cool:

X

xjMaN88lx

yea im thinking about opening a big cs server with an old clan mate and battleforum's cyberneticsheep. itll be a 16-24 player non-lag server for battleforums users

and JD i was number 3 on the battleforums server :D

Korittke

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well as a suggestion i think 14 should be the upper limit for max players, other than that a bf server would be cool, thx in advance

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Originally posted by xjMaN88lx
yea im thinking about opening a big cs server with an old clan mate and battleforum's cyberneticsheep. itll be a 16-24 player non-lag server for battleforums users

and JD i was number 3 on the battleforums server :D
If you open a server please don't make it that big ><. That only encourages cheaters and noobs to join. Make it around 14 people with 2 reserved slots or so. Also, if you do get a server going get cheating-death on it to reduce the hackers.