What the hell--level 33=newb??

Swooper

Respected Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
What the hell

I decided to play a single RT game in ROC today for old times sake, and I was surprized to find my decayed-to-level-9 account paired with a level 11 against a level 23 and a level 33 (the level 33, co_op, was ranked 20th on the RT ladder at the time). At first I was like, what the hell, its my first RT game in months and you give me this, but then as I kept playing I realized... they really weren't all that good. I mean, someone in the level 30s is supposed to be really good, even in ROC. He wasn't a pushover, but I've played gosu people before, and for the most part they just pounded me into the ground. And that was back when I played alot. What is this? How the hell are level 33 players only decent and not great?

Anyway, heres the replay. Remember, its vanilla, not TFT

Swooper

Respected Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
And just incase anyone cares, a good friend of mine who used to be on the WCIII.com staff and was actually a mod here for a very brief period under the name Aldur (In the replay hes Ernie8846), happned to get in an RT game as a level 11 partnered with a level 48, the #1 ranked player on the Azeroth ROC RT ladder... and beat his score in every area except resources when they walked all over thier opponents. Watching the replay, this guy was good at least... opponents in the 20s and 30s. I mean, I used to watch replays of people that high and they were just insanely good. Meh... just watch it if you care and tell me what you think

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Yes, that is how the patch is these days. The new matching system works really badly for high level games.

Theroy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Lv 8's are better then 30's on RT. It's games played not skill level. An RT'ers play alot.

So you can be paired with a lv 5 at lv 5 and go against a lv 28 and a lv 30 it's weird and gay. That's why RT is even more noober then before.

RT means nothing at all. Absoultley nothing. Solo means games plays + % lv for skill. And RT means nothing that's right you high level RT noobs your lv 20 is nothing at all. Try and get that lv 1.14 in solo. GG K RE THNX NO ARGURING.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
I would seriously sign a petition to get 1.14b back....I really liked that patch. It wasn't as bad as people made it out to be.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yea, 1.14 much better IMO.

I had a game with lvl 23 few days ago, I beat him

But I lost to lvl 13 after that, funny?

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
I lost to a lvl 1 the other day, but I think that was because I suck and he was a smurf. Directlly after that I played a lvl 14 and won. Confusing stuff.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah but the link you see.. how can he be lvl 15 with stats ~200: 6??

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Because he faces bunch of lvl1's whos doesnt give him much exp, rather -exps in some cases.

Thats what Blizz says, and they say "Yeah the system is fine so stop crying" to us, but if you think about it, only Blizz employees thinks this new system is effective, everyone else thinks it blows.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
They are "fixing" it apparently. There is gonna be a new beta for it sometime. Hopefully that one will be less faulty than this one.

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
The concept of the AMM is right. It's supposed to team you up with people near your skill, but in RT you get teamed with people who are like lvl 35 and then they SUCK. It's really annoying because these guys who SUCK get high levels and make you lose, and since you lose a lot it's hard to level up.

Sakuhta

Reaction score
Originally posted by Teh Abyss
Because he faces bunch of lvl1's whos doesnt give him much exp, rather -exps in some cases.

Thats what Blizz says, and they say "Yeah the system is fine so stop crying" to us, but if you think about it, only Blizz employees thinks this new system is effective, everyone else thinks it blows.
I think it's great. As they said, it takes around a base of 200 solo games, but a lot less Team to get a perfect reading.

Originally posted by Blizzard
The number of games required for a player to reach the ladder level that corresponds to their ELL (expected ladder level) will differ based upon (1) game type, and (2) the associated difficulty of finding games of that type on Battle.net. For instance, a random team player will have to play approximately 300 games, whereas a solo player will have to play approximately 200 games. An arranged 4v4 team player, on the other hand, will only have to play around 40. After playing a sufficient number of games, the player of average skill should be level 25 in that game type's corresponding ladder.

Above_70Percent

Member!
Reaction score
Website
ourworld.cs.com
You gotta really understand the ladder system to actually somewhate "like" it. Basically all there doin is givin people credit for actually havin the patience and dedictaion to stay with an account. For example Edmo, an RoC player on Bnet was well, a solid level 16. Now he has jumped to over 30+. Thnk bout it.

Also, one of the many joobs that are also on RoC Garg.Abuse hit level 50 in bout 2 weeks, whereas he was stuck on level 28 in 1.14.

All its doin is tryin to stop all the smurfage that was going around, (which was wat i was doin ^^) BUT the problem is you can hit level 20 in a mere matter of days. If you dont care bout your % that is.

This is a prime exampple of AMM abuse. This fellar here is the winner of the national taiwanese tft tourney and will be goin to hong kong very soon to go to the wcg tourney. But thats not the point. He spent about a week on this account and hit level 50. What he did was instead of playing every single game that gave him shit credit, he quit the games where there was anything lower then level 15. Because they wouldnt have hurt him nor benefited him.

http://www.battle.net/war3/ladder/w3xp-player-profile.aspx?Gateway=Azeroth&PlayerName=tL.Sorimachi

So i hope this lets u better understand the new AMM system.

NeverGoingBack

Reaction score
actually he was level 32 before patch and it took him about 5 days to reach level 50 after it.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah and now even the biggest lamers wouldn't suck as much as before ,on 1.14 and the previous versions.

S

SaveTheCritters

This might sound dumb, but i don't know how to watch replays. I tried dragging the files into the Replay Folder but i still can't get them to work. Somebody please explain how do watch them please.