What race will be erradicated in SC2?

relnor

Member!
Reaction score
they really can't get rid of a "race" but more of the different factions, like in the end of brood wars, with the ued

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Original Raccoon said:
This isn't official, I was just thinking about it. If a race were to be totally wiped out, what one do you wish it would happen to?

I would like to see the Terran wiped out.

This is how I would like to see it:

On the Terran homeworld, whatever it is right now, the Protoss have just used some big laser cannon from new Carrier prototype that we have not seen in Brood War. This laser cannon blows up the planet in similar fashion to Death Star vs Aldaran. With the main populous of Terran gone, the Zerg, which have grown in numbers since Brood War, are wreaking havoc on smaller worlds that are inhabited by Terran. At the end of StarCraft 2, we see that the last of the Terran bases are being overrun by Zerg. Closing scene is the new Carrier prototype(s) slowly moving towards the Zerg homeworld, which is still Char. While the Carrier prototype(s), Carriers, Scouts, Corsairs, are taking position, there is a huge cloud of Scourge that start to come out of the thin Char atmosphere. As the Carrier prototype is about to fire, the Scourge begin to kamikaze into it.

[End]

Then the expansion, which has no Terran in it.
-I would like to see the zerg irradicated. It would be perfect. At the end of brood war the zerg become really powerful. But the Protoss/terran/some new race team together and finally destroy the race. Then in the expansion they fight eachother for control.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
For a 4th race, they could include the Zelnaga or something. We know in StarCraft regular, in that FMV Sequence, that giant blue ship was probably a Zel'naga ship. Sinnce no Carrier or Battlecrusier resembles it in anyway. If the Zel'naga were to come in and somehow revive the zerg after they were destroyed, then it could be a 4 race bloodshed. Though I don't think Zerg would exactly get snuffed out first. I think the Protoss would be the first to likely die, since they have the lowest forces at the end of Brood War. Fenix is dead, and Auir is still burning from the Zerg Invasion. So they don't have much there. They do have some forceson the Dark Templar homeworld, the name eludes me thus far but that amount is not enough to mean anything. That's why I think Kerrigan will wipe out the Protoss if SC2 ever comes out.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I was pretty ''wowed'' when I seen that movie sequence though. I went and used cheats to build all the units and everything and since I couldn't find it, I read the booklet for StarCraft and it told a lot of history so I assumed it was the Zel'naga. :p

I could be wrong, though.

-Azrael666-

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
There's no 'Z' in Xel'naga :)

Xel'naga suck though, they got beat down by the early Protoss, and they got beat down by the early Zerg. They seem to possess a lot of mental power, as they can so easily make such powerful races, but no combat abilities or strength. Their sole purpose was sparking the whole story by making two of the three races. I would assume at this point they want nothing to do with the area of conflict. Unless they developed yet another race, which they can actually control for once, they wouldn't be able to stand against the Protoss or Zerg anyways. This has been proven already in SC history :p

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
They should have some mental linnk with both races, that way they can just conrol or kill either of them at will. This way, they are highly more powerful then most might assume. This would also mean that Terran's would be royally screwd.

WW2R

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
or the other explantion for the ship in the opening sequence for Starcraft could simply be that it was designed before the finnal verson was put out. i remeber reading somewhere that carriers were originaly armed with some sort of "big gun" dont ask me where exaclty cause it was a while ago and i really dont remeber. but this theory is also surported by the opening sequence for brood war where there is a goliath that shoots a missle at a ling. this was orignaly one of the golaiths ground attacks in i belive alpha version i guess you be the judge

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Yeah, a lot of the cinematics don't match up with the actual game, sadly :-/

KING OF ZEALOTS

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.battle.net
Jon_K said:
LOL... that was done to the terrans homeworld chau sara (i think is the name?) when the zerg took it over..... ever read the starcraft novels? ;-)

The protoss have a weapon in carriers that rips the top layer of dirt off the world they attack, exposing the mantle in someplaces.... very powerful weapon.

artanics mensk (leader of sons of khoral, the confederacy's rebel resistance....) used a PSI thing (that white spinny thing in the game)

The psi thing amplifcys a psionic person.... so artanis mensk had kerrigan who worked for him go on chau sara and say with her mind "come here zerg" or something -- and made all zerg within 20 lightyears come towards the terran home planet

The zerg took over the terran home planet.... killed everyone....

Thus, the sons of khoral resistance destroyed the confederacy.... they iraddicated the entire confederacy and this is how articus mensk and the sons of khoral became the new power of the terran

Anyhow, the protoss came to kill the zerg (protoss hate zerg.... always have) and used their weapon on chau sara (the terran home planet)... it irradicated... and left parts of the planets mantle exposed (meaning it rips the dirt right off the planet or something) thus ruining the home world of terrans, chau sara

So how did the queen of blades come about? Mensk was an asshole and didn't pick her up off the planet after she called the zerg in with her powers... so when the zerg took over the planet she was captured by them.... and became the queen of blades.... meanwhile the overmind had moved in on chau sara... so when the protoss came into orbit, the overmind knew it was going to die...

the overmind knew kerrigan was powerful.... and decided it would give her the job of rebuilding the zerg race... and she fleed the planet to char (the zerg homeworld) to keep the zerg race alive.... and have it rebuild so it could take revenge on the protoss

The second starcraft book is even better, it's about the hybrids.... and how the hybrids were born.... read the second book... i won't release any info about that, its too good to ruin for you all
there r three books... Have u read all of them?

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
-Azrael666- said:
Yeah, a lot of the cinematics don't match up with the actual game, sadly :-/
While others, scarred from Blizzard Story Writers, make no sense at all! Like the opening one for SC, we don't know whose ship that is, or why it eradicated a small Terran Raiding Group. :(

KING OF ZEALOTS

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.battle.net
About the preview or watever in SC original that big carrier like thing, well the beam was inside of the thing right?

How do we know what weapons are inside of a carrier? Maybe its for defence or something? :rolly

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I suppose those are planet erradicating weapons. Since usually the games are played in the surface, the Protoss would not be so dumb as to use it and kill themselves, too :p

That's why it doesn't show in games.

KING OF ZEALOTS

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.battle.net
well that makes a lot of sense but why not an awsome planet erradicator in a cinematic I personally hate zerg so I would love seeing char blow up.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
So, no one has any more thoughts on that big, bright blue ship that resembled the Temple of the Zel'naga? I think it is them, just because of how the ship looks compared to the actual in-game building.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
CLAN_RP_ said:
i jus watched that cutscene and upon closer inspection, if you look really closely well,...... remember at the end of brood war, the xel naga temple let out a huge attack killing all the zerg on that area of aiur, but the land was scorched? when i first saw the ship that destroyed the terran vessel, it looked blue on the inside like a carrier. but the carrier doesnt have an attack like that, and i know some special weapon could of been added, but i thought about it, what if it was the xel naga temple floating around in space? there could of been xel naga inside the temple or it could be be controled by xel naga from another far away post! the xel nagas first strike perhaps?

the possibilities of destruction boggle the mind.....

put that in your pipe and smoke it, bitch!
Also in the beginning the Terran could salvage. Not anymore.
That's just how a Carrier looked. They've upgraded since then. lol. Remember they are one of the most powerful races around that corner of town.

Biske

Reaction score
Of course, that makes perfect sence. "Sir, I recommend ditching the planatary destructo-matic plasma beam for 8 mini coopers with tiny gattling guns attached to them that fly around the ship and attack stuff, plus, they have a 6 month extension on their warranty if we buy in groups of 200 right now." "Sounds good Private!"

PauseBreak

Reaction score
LOL

Well asume, either having little ships coming at out with lasers or having a "death beam" come from underneath the ship? You would have to position yourself over the enemy and that takes too long. The ship would take too much damage to be so close to an ememy ship.
The smaller ships would make much more sense.