What race will be erradicated in SC2?

Discussion in 'StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty' started by Original Raccoon, Oct 11, 2003.

1. Original Raccoon

Original Raccoon Premium Member

This isn't official, I was just thinking about it. If a race were to be totally wiped out, what one do you wish it would happen to?

I would like to see the Terran wiped out.

This is how I would like to see it:

On the Terran homeworld, whatever it is right now, the Protoss have just used some big laser cannon from new Carrier prototype that we have not seen in Brood War. This laser cannon blows up the planet in similar fashion to Death Star vs Aldaran. With the main populous of Terran gone, the Zerg, which have grown in numbers since Brood War, are wreaking havoc on smaller worlds that are inhabited by Terran. At the end of StarCraft 2, we see that the last of the Terran bases are being overrun by Zerg. Closing scene is the new Carrier prototype(s) slowly moving towards the Zerg homeworld, which is still Char. While the Carrier prototype(s), Carriers, Scouts, Corsairs, are taking position, there is a huge cloud of Scourge that start to come out of the thin Char atmosphere. As the Carrier prototype is about to fire, the Scourge begin to kamikaze into it.

[End]

Then the expansion, which has no Terran in it.

2. Moof-Ader

Moof-Ader Member!

In my room
    I would like to see Terran be wiped out also because they arent very good and I don't like them because whenever I am them I lose. If they could be replaced with something with more units and better units or better nukes then I would like them more.

3. Lwek

Lwek Member!

I'd have to agree with you both. I'm not good with terran and I think terran is useless. "Star"craft and the humans are not that technological yet to have an space force and units outside of earth. If they were to be that very high in technology, they would be unstopable.

4. chocolate

chocolate Member!

Somewhere in the Middle of Nowhere
    Hmm....reminds me of the "preview" on the original Starcraft CD. I've always wondered what that Ship was...

If you don't know what i'm talking about, put the original CD in, and click "preview"(I think, it's the button at the lower left side on the title screen).

5. Original Raccoon

Yea, that is where I got the idea. :D

6. chocolate

chocolate Member!

Somewhere in the Middle of Nowhere
    Do you know what ship that was? It wasn't a battlecruiser(for obvious reasons)...It looked more like a Protoss ship, but not a carrier. Not a scout...not a CORSAIR(lol), not an arbiter...

7. Original Raccoon

I have no idea what it was.

Well, it was the new Carrier prototype... :D There is nothing in StarCraft with an attack like that.

8. wasup999999

wasup999999 BattleForums Member

Hmm, Where Do You Think?
    thats cool i going to go watch that movie thing

9. evilfrog331

evilfrog331 Member!

No race will be erradicated....
    Blizzard will leave the end of starcraft 2 at a cliffhanger with all the races still alive so that they can finisht he story with starcraft 2 or an expansion pack. If a race got erradicated it would piss people who have that race as a favorite off

10. Executor Keldain

Executor Keldain Former Protoss Gosu

Winslow, AZ
    *Knows something*

The Race that will be wiped out will be the Hybrids: Why you ask? because the Terrans, Protoss, and Zerg will be threatened by them they are a powerful race of bio-egineered monstrosities curteousy of Samir Duran or atleast thats what he said his name was but in the Secret Mission before Omega he said he was from a very old race *Xel'Naga* and he made the hybrids to complete the Xel'Naga's grand experiment, which the Overmind failed to do.

11. Moof-Ader

Moof-Ader Member!

In my room
    So what race is goin to be wiped out?

12. evilfrog331

evilfrog331 Member!

Even if there will be hybrids in SC2, the race wont be wiped out. Blizzard never wipes out a race in a game cuz they want to include it in the next game.

13. Moof-Ader

Moof-Ader Member!

In my room
    Well I guess that makes sense.

14. Jon_K

Jon_K Member!

U.S. > Texas
    LOL... that was done to the terrans homeworld chau sara (i think is the name?) when the zerg took it over..... ever read the starcraft novels? ;-)

The protoss have a weapon in carriers that rips the top layer of dirt off the world they attack, exposing the mantle in someplaces.... very powerful weapon.

artanics mensk (leader of sons of khoral, the confederacy's rebel resistance....) used a PSI thing (that white spinny thing in the game)

The psi thing amplifcys a psionic person.... so artanis mensk had kerrigan who worked for him go on chau sara and say with her mind "come here zerg" or something -- and made all zerg within 20 lightyears come towards the terran home planet

The zerg took over the terran home planet.... killed everyone....

Thus, the sons of khoral resistance destroyed the confederacy.... they iraddicated the entire confederacy and this is how articus mensk and the sons of khoral became the new power of the terran

Anyhow, the protoss came to kill the zerg (protoss hate zerg.... always have) and used their weapon on chau sara (the terran home planet)... it irradicated... and left parts of the planets mantle exposed (meaning it rips the dirt right off the planet or something) thus ruining the home world of terrans, chau sara

So how did the queen of blades come about? Mensk was an asshole and didn't pick her up off the planet after she called the zerg in with her powers... so when the zerg took over the planet she was captured by them.... and became the queen of blades.... meanwhile the overmind had moved in on chau sara... so when the protoss came into orbit, the overmind knew it was going to die...

the overmind knew kerrigan was powerful.... and decided it would give her the job of rebuilding the zerg race... and she fleed the planet to char (the zerg homeworld) to keep the zerg race alive.... and have it rebuild so it could take revenge on the protoss

The second starcraft book is even better, it's about the hybrids.... and how the hybrids were born.... read the second book... i won't release any info about that, its too good to ruin for you all

15. betaalpha5

betaalpha5 BattleForums Senior Member

i really dont think that the protoss would destory the terran
    u forget that at the end of the first one the terran and protos teamed up. if any race is to be gone then the hybrid is my guess. somehow kerrgian sees it as a theat to her power as well as mensk and that protoss guy team will eirther defeat them, or tried their best but wasn't good enough and be like the last map of the zerg

16. Jon_K

Jon_K Member!

U.S. > Texas
    Hybrid are the superior race.... imagine combining the strengths of Zerg and Protoss into one... simply perfect.

I'm happy someone has read the books. The storyline of starcraft is simply fantastic. It's almost better then startrek. (Yes, i'm a trekkie too, gene was a visionary ;-)

I never really got interested in the storyline of warcraft/diablo.....but then again, I'm more attracted to the future, and space.... then to magic and knights

17. Aeris22

Aeris22 Member!

Lifestream
    I beleive that if any fragment of a race was abliterated it would be the Dark Templars, they are there own civilatzation and just about everyone hates them, kerrigan fears them, the terrains dont trust them, and there own race dosnt understand them

18. Stealth_Reaper

Stealth_Reaper Member!

Cat city, ca
    ooo man...i hope the terran aren't "eradicated" U c, try thinking it on terms if YOU were one of the terran...even though i suk ass wit terran 2..lol. However, by the looks of it the terran have been getting murdered in all the campaigns. Plus, they just add to the storyline, "The epic battle for mankind" i guess could be put into play here..

19. Starpoe2

Starpoe2 Member!

Sorry I'm not too much of a starcraft buff or anything, and I havent played it for awhile now but, why do the protoss hate the terrain? Arent they a civilized society? I can understand the zerg, I mean, just look at em, they are hell-bent on killing anything.

But wouldnt the protoss be allies with the terrain?

20. evilfrog331

evilfrog331 Member!

all blizzard stories behind their games are pretty good and detailed. I think what makes them good is how it sort of has a gloomy atmosphere.