What makes Zerg Superior?

Payment

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I dont get it...

Maybe I am a n00b. I mean I like zerg and all, but I just don't understand why everyone think terran is a n00b race, and they think protoss are just okay. The races are pretty evenly spread out.

Terran for one aren't that bad, they have some good air, but not the greatest ground. Spider mines are great, and siege tanks are pretty good.

Protoss have some good ground units like DTs, reavers, and high templars. Corsairs are also awesome for air.

And zerg are pretty well rounded with good ground like lurkers and hydras. And have some good air, scrouges, and gaurdians.

But, that doesn't make them a lot better. The only reason I could see them as better, is that you can make like 100 units at once if you wanted because of all the eggs just lying around.

firebat451

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Terran is either a noob race or a pro race. Noobs use it because it is the first race they know but it is very hard to become good with it. However terran in the right hands is very deadly. When it comes to the best race it all depends on the player.

Aris

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
in the hands of a master player any race can kick ass. it all depends on what race you use and what race you go up against that will determine what corse of action you should take to win.

the current champ is using terran. but i guarentee you he could prolly just as easily done it with toss or zerg. prolly chose terran just to prove that its not a useless race.

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Firebat said it best. The reason terran is considered a n00b race is because most people don't use is right and usually just make alot of tanks or battle cruisers. In my mind, zerg is still the superior race... maybe if you put two expert players against each other, terran would beat zerg, but i'm talking about average players... how many world champions play on battle.net? Anyways... to answer your question, hydras are what make zerg superior and defilers. And to some extent, lurkers. The reason hydras are superior is because they are one of the best units in the game in large numbers, but you wouldn't beable to tell it by the price of them... anyways, there is no "Official Superior Race". It's all a matter of opinions. Right now though, technically, I guess terran would have to be the superior race, if any, because the world champ uses terran... and until a zerg/protoss player can come along and beat him, he can claim that terran is the best :)

SmashBros.Pro

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
It's all opinions because I play with random alot of the time except when it counts, then I use Zerg.
Firebat pretty much covered it all, but the reason I think people say Terran is a newb race is because it's all-around. Their not slow but not fast, not strong but not weak either.
Zerg are fast and weak and Toss are slow, but strong.
It all depends on how you play....

Payment

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I agree, firebat does make a very good point. I never saw it like that. And, i do what you do SmashBros, just go with Random, I like all races.

To me I just play, and I love it.

Remiraz

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Terran has the most ground "power" thanks to the (widely considered to be overpowered) Siege Tank.

Siege Tanks pretty much counters anything ground. (Yes, goliath/tank/SCV pretty much kills everything...thank God for the sucky mobility of the Siege Tank)

Terran are far from "all-round".
They have crappy mobility compared to the other races.
They're extremely strong ground pounders. (thanks to our friend, Siege Tank)
They have the most uber "anti-race" spell...irradiate.
They got the best air

I'll say Terran has the best units in the whole game with combinations that'll beat the crap out of any other combinations in the game.
However, Terran's extremely crappy mobility is their fatal, crippling weakness and perhaps the oh-so-much micro involved.

KerriganForever

Member!
Reaction score
Website
stores.andale.com
It's very obvious...
Terran for one aren't that bad, they have some good air, but not the greatest ground. Spider mines are great, and siege tanks are pretty good.

Protoss have some good ground units like DTs, reavers, and high templars. Corsairs are also awesome for air.

And zerg are pretty well rounded with good ground like lurkers and hydras. And have some good air, scrouges, and gaurdians.
Terran and Toss are men-with-machines, where as Zerg is an Animal-with-natural abilities. Remember Zerg is the true Allien Race. (for an even better image, watch the "Intro Video" move clip on your cd, for real Zerg action!!!)

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Originally posted by KerriganForever
It's very obvious...

Terran and Toss are men-with-machines, where as Zerg is an Animal-with-natural abilities. Remember Zerg is the true Allien Race. (for an even better image, watch the "Intro Video" move clip on your cd, for real Zerg action!!!)
I've watched this video tons of times. It shows zerglings owning marines (marines are totally afraid of them) and these two marines are trying to take out this zergling and he is coming towards them, then this firebat comes out and smokes the zergling. It was pretty cool. That's why I think a starcraft video or RPG would be so cool... and that's why i'm gonna have to buy an XBOX when starcraft ghost comes out!

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
All races are equaly balanced, it all depends on the map and the players.

Richochet

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Terran have the most powerfull ground...when it comes to mech. Zerg is actually the weakest...but considering you can make tons of units very fast, they can be hard to stop. But everything is counterable....just depends on the player.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Your an idiot

Originally posted by Remiraz
Terran has the most ground "power" thanks to the (widely considered to be overpowered) Siege Tank.

Siege Tanks pretty much counters anything ground. (Yes, goliath/tank/SCV pretty much kills everything...thank God for the sucky mobility of the Siege Tank)

Terran are far from "all-round".
They have crappy mobility compared to the other races.
They're extremely strong ground pounders. (thanks to our friend, Siege Tank)
They have the most uber "anti-race" spell...irradiate.
They got the best air

I'll say Terran has the best units in the whole game with combinations that'll beat the crap out of any other combinations in the game.
However, Terran's extremely crappy mobility is their fatal, crippling weakness and perhaps the oh-so-much micro involved.
Terran are far from having the best units in the game. Crappy mobility?? Hah! I dont think so. Stim packs are awesome. Buildings can liftoff from a melee invasion. The units move at a reasonable pace.
Btw irradiate doesnt work on big units like Reaver. Tank. Gol. etc. Irradiate is excellent against a mass of low level units. Plague is 10 times better than irradiate will ever be.
Terran is an awesome race. Why do u NOT like it. Gols mow down Carriers. Guards & BCes. They rule against air units. Tanks (if u have enough) will annihilate any ground units. Especially if u supply depot wall. Then bunker wall. Then tanks. (ive tried it a couple of times. it works!)
BCs are excellent. But are very costly. Which is why i try to avoid using them. Marines & Bats r ok but are even better when equipped with medics nearby. Wraiths r good coz they cloak. Valks have super splash damage.

In conclusion. How can u say terran is crap, let alone any race is crap? They are evenly balanced!

Your an idiot

Remiraz

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Re: Your an idiot

Originally posted by Renzokuken
Terran are far from having the best units in the game. Crappy mobility?? Hah! I dont think so. Stim packs are awesome. Buildings can liftoff from a melee invasion. The units move at a reasonable pace.
Btw irradiate doesnt work on big units like Reaver. Tank. Gol. etc. Irradiate is excellent against a mass of low level units. Plague is 10 times better than irradiate will ever be.
Terran is an awesome race. Why do u NOT like it. Gols mow down Carriers. Guards & BCes. They rule against air units. Tanks (if u have enough) will annihilate any ground units. Especially if u supply depot wall. Then bunker wall. Then tanks. (ive tried it a couple of times. it works!)
BCs are excellent. But are very costly. Which is why i try to avoid using them. Marines & Bats r ok but are even better when equipped with medics nearby. Wraiths r good coz they cloak. Valks have super splash damage.

In conclusion. How can u say terran is crap, let alone any race is crap? They are evenly balanced!

Your an idiot
You're thinking in a straight line...

Terran has always been known to lack mobility because they rely a lot on Siege Tanks being..well..sieged.

Play more non-money maps perhaps?

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Re: Your an idiot

Marines suck vs terran and vs toss they are useless when u enter mid game (4-5 minutes into the game or so)
The only way to beat terran and toss is by using tanks, lots of tanks. Actually, tanks are the backbone of terrans army, no matter what the MU. U need them in TvZ too.

M&M sucks vs toss and terran because it's not strong enough.
Tank pushes suck vs zerg because it lacks mobility.

No it isn't. Irradiate counters hydras, lurkers, guardians, mutas and can even be used to slaughter an enemy's echonomy. Plague is rarely used, it works best if the enemy makes BCs or something.

Terran is an awesome race. Why do u NOT like it. Gols mow down Carriers. Guards & BCes. They rule against air units.
Carriers + zealots own golliaths if u know how to use them. Golliaths + wraiths however, will work better.
Tanks + BCs own tanks + golliaths.
Golliaths vs zerg is a waste of money.

Tanks (if u have enough) will annihilate any ground units. Especially if u supply depot wall. Then bunker wall. Then tanks. (ive tried it a couple of times. it works!)
Only tanks wont own anything. Tanks + vultures vs toss, and tanks + M&M + vessels vs zerg.

Bunkering in wont work. Eventually u will run out of money and the enemy will have enough money to replace all the units u kill in less than 1 minute.

BCs are excellent. But are very costly. Which is why i try to avoid using them.
TvT's which last until late game are allways won by the player who can afford the most tanks and BCs.

Wraiths r good coz they cloak. Valks have super splash damage.
Of course, but like all other units in the game, wraiths and valks can be countered.

Marines & Bats r ok but are even better when equipped with medics nearby.
Yes, but only vs zerg.

That is true.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Re: Re: Your an idiot

Originally posted by Remiraz
You're thinking in a straight line...

Terran has always been known to lack mobility because they rely a lot on Siege Tanks being..well..sieged.

Play more non-money maps perhaps?
As a matter of fact. No. i dont play money maps. On rare occasions i do. But otherwise. Its ladder maps 4 me.
I think your using the wrong word 'mobility'. Its only 1 unit that wont move. Siege Tank- Siege Mode. Siege tank is the best ground defence the game has.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Well terrans DO lack mobility. All terran units have terrible AI, siege tanks cant move, marines are useless untill stimmed, tanks in tank mode will barely kill a goon and BCs are slow. This is why terrans rely on units like dropships, vultures and marines, because without them they would be playing every game BGH style.

KerriganForever

Member!
Reaction score
Website
stores.andale.com
Originally posted by: Payment"Starcraft"
Although Zerg is a Superior Race they do work well with other races too. For example: Zerg and Terran or Zerg and Protoss. Paired up as a team allows Zerg to focus on a few broodlings instead of all of them. With only a few to concentrate on, full upgrades and abilities can be utilized with maximum force!!!!

Now that's Superior!!!!

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Zerg is not superior! No race is superior! BW is perfectly balanced, that is why people still play it!

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Originally posted by AKA-47
Zerg is not superior! No race is superior! BW is perfectly balanced, that is why people still play it!
Exactly. WHY do people disagree! FFS!