What makes a game good?

tornadorex

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
Theres no question about it. Gameplay.

Great graphics are one thing, if it doesnt have "easily accessible" game play with a mechanic of "game depth"... it will fail. Thats why linear games have a high successrate in the first week, and a high fail rate after that... once people get bored with it, they stop playing. Most single player games I play are like that.
Games are similar to movies.

The explosions are great, but if the story/execution isn't there then the entire project won't succeed.

tinman

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
All I care about is gameplay, gameplay, gameplay, gameplay (and big tits). Why the hell would you need a story line? Would I need a story line to play Donkykong, or how bout football or poker? All that is needed is good controls and a graphics engine good enuf that I can tell the difference between a boomer and a tank.

Helpp

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
Well main thing is gameplay i think :O ...

Redell

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
Gameplay:
Because if there is a highly graphical game that just gives you objectives to go here and there and to kill this person it gets boring, now if its like go here dodge this, avoid that, and kill that person in this manner its a lot more interesting.

pranshukakarot

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
Most of us love to play games, we even dont think whether it is worth playing or not. But a good game should have an interesting plot.

Aneeklive

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
game shows where the viewer can take part at home like blockbusters 15 to 1 not like the price is right when the contestant listens to the audience who have no idea higher lower etc

ltadakimasu

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
Gameplay, one that makes you keep thinking of wanting to play even after you turned off the computer :p

GalinecX

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
The story and the gameplay ! Good graphics won't hurt either!

chair

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
i think the graphics of the game, and the competitiveness of the game makes a game good, although thats just my opinion, some of my friends like the whole story line of games the whole 1-player shebang.. i prefer a more pvp kind of game :) watever floats your boat i guess lol :p

atm.wu

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
i like the story line, nothing beats a good rpg type of game, be it computer or console, it doesnt bother me :)

there have been some decent rpg type fps games recently like fall out 3 :)

stroodle

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
Its hard to say what makes a game good, I try not to judge by graphics too much, mostly by gameplay and re-playability

niwalum17

windstruck
Reaction score
well, i think i like games with good storylines... not just shoot kill shoot kill without reason O_O

Crillz

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
first of all GAMEPLAY who wanna play a booring good looking game at all but sure graphics is fun if its good but not if u got a stone computer :):):):) however a good story a wide selection of what u want to do and allso that u can get better and better and online allways wins xD

DeathH3LLZ

Gamer...
Reaction score
I want a game that you could play in anyway you want it. For example, you can go stealth, or you can go rage - killing all people.
Sorta like Crysis.
Graphics also is important.
And I want a game that will take days to finish.
Some games just take 5 hours for you to finish it.

OnlyWantToSearch

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
Well when you play a game and time flies and you are really into it, that to me is a good game

Delitha

Smoked
Reaction score
quality graphics and sound, game play, entertainment features