What is your opinion of the upcoming Grey Market RMAH?

micromachne

Member!
Reaction score
I'm not sure if anyone is aware of this yet. But soon, Diablo 3 will have a new RMAH. A Grey Market RMAH. Which means there will be many borderline shady deals going on. Do you think this is a good thing for the game?

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
You mean like an AH for grey items? Why would they even bother to implement that?

micromachne

Member!
Reaction score
You mean like an AH for grey items? Why would they even bother to implement that?
It's not just about Grey items. It's about borderline black market style dealings period. And they'd probably do it because the RMAH right now isn't going the way everyone thought it would. It's part of the reason the player count is dropping.

So I assume by them making a Grey RMAH, they'll use it to keep their servers active.

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
Oh I googled it just now. You mean the third party grey market right? I don't know how that will get more people to play the game though. I think it will only attract players who want to take advantage of something that shouldn't be in the game and may make more players mad and leave the game IMO.

micromachne

Member!
Reaction score
Oh I googled it just now. You mean the third party grey market right? I don't know how that will get more people to play the game though. I think it will only attract players who want to take advantage of something that shouldn't be in the game and may make more players mad and leave the game IMO.
So you're saying it'll attract potentially greedy scammers correct?

WhiteNelumbo

Member!
Reaction score
So you're saying it'll attract potentially greedy scammers correct?
I'm pretty sure those people are already playing. I might not be on the same page, but if I understand correctly, people are using a third-party RMAH to dodge the cut Blizzard takes. Honestly, Blizzard is pretty greedy in their "tax" on auctions. They're generating income on what should be a free service. That's just my opinion though. Even though I think like this, I would never go to a third-party RMAH or anything of the sort.

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure those people are already playing. I might not be on the same page, but if I understand correctly, people are using a third-party RMAH to dodge the cut Blizzard takes. Honestly, Blizzard is pretty greedy in their "tax" on auctions. They're generating income on what should be a free service. That's just my opinion though. Even though I think like this, I would never go to a third-party RMAH or anything of the sort.
While that is true I think only a small amount of people would use the third party AH. Like you said you don't want to pay the taxes but you will. I think most of the people who will use the third party AH will be scammers and people who play the game to make money. I think that either this will lead to undercutting of players who play for fun and just make them aggravated. Or two completely different AH where one is for the everyday gamer and the other who only plays D3 for money.

Winterzbane

Reaction score
Personally it is only a good thing for Blizzard and Blizzard itself. They are more than likely doing it as a way to prevent outside dealers from going elsewhere for transactions, and avoiding the cut that blizz wants out of it. Your standard user isn't going to really benefit from it anymore or less than they currently already do. However we will all have to wait and see for the final outcome to really judge it on a fair basis.