What is Your Biggest Weakness in Starcraft?

What is Your Biggest Weakness in Starcraft/BW?

• Expanding

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Scouting

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Spellcasting

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Changing strategy during a match

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Micro

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Macro

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters

james_in_time

Member!
Reaction score
My biggest problem is expanding thats why i cant win at non money maps. I just want to be able t keep track of everything and its ezier in one base than every where and i need a defensive to not feel paranoid its just not an instinct.. yet... when it is i will kick alls alls a$$$ mwahahahahahhahah. lol j/k

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I have this cool build order which allows my peons to be totally guarded by about 5 cannons. No dt rushes can penetrate my d.

R

RystaL

I just get bored. I've been playing since it came out, so I get lazy.
I'm an idiot. :/

Fingersman

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Expanding, I never protect my expansions properly.........and then wham.........it gets hit and I'm screwed. :(

Some aspects or micro and marco. Sometimes I have trouble with using marines and scv, when I get rushed by zerg or toss.( when they attack with lings and zealots or course) :(

comps4killin

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well ive only been playing for about 2 months and for more than half of that i did nothing but money maps. very bad decision...... and on money maps expanding is not that important so thats what i forget to do alot.

RedMage

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Expanding for me. I've heard that in RTS games, the trick is to deprive your opponent of resources, is that correct? Must be though, because whenever my workers get smacked around, i almost always never fully recover. Especially hurts in early game. My problem with expanding is i have trouble multi-tasking. I can only watch one base at once. for example, my last game, i didn't know my expansion had just been overrun until no buildings were left. Another problem is, i forget to find the expansions early on too, so its mid-game (when my resources are about to run out) and i'm looking to expand, while everyone else has at least 1 already. I dont' have too much of a problem with micro. If i have like 10 goliaths attacking (yes, i keep them spaced too to avoid spells (usually)), i'll keep like 3 SCV's just behind the force, when a goliath gets to yellow or red, i pull him back, repair, and send him back up to the front. Every 100min and 50 gas adds up, and its not worth losing when you can repair for half that. If my scv's get hit and killed, i halt the whole attack and fall back. I also seem to forget that SCV's can repair each other. Watching some expert terran player replays, it seems that spider mines+sieged tanks and a few turrets covering the perimeter for detection can be adequate defense in most situations. Im just learning a lot since i came to this board. The thing that ALWAYS kills me, no matter what (unless i'm zerg, which USED to be my favorite race, now terran) is DT's. When i'm terran, i'm slow at getting turrets up, and as soon as they see you building turrets, they destroy them right away. I also forget that comsat works too. When I am protoss, i either dont have cannons evenly spaced so they can avoid them altogether. Or... I am very slow to get observers, and they are ripping my base apart, while i still don't even have an observatory. Any suggestions, like, how far into the game should i have turrets or observers, etc...?

B)ushid(o

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
observers I think will be good at about 61/2-7 minutes or until an adequte defense and starting at expanding,. turrets a bit earlier since the protoss cannons would do better at defending. turrets about 3-4 minutes, bt that's my opinion I don't plat as the toss so i wouldn't know them as well.

Zmoney

Reaction score
ya thats a weakness of mine i think i concentrate to hard on protecting my first one that by the time i getr my secound one it takes to long to get d cause they will have a big force strong enough to just keep killing it every time i biuld it.

Slick

Member!
Reaction score
three things to win:
1) always know what your opponent is doing
2) know how to counter him
3) have some good luck =]

...u should always look what your enemy is doing, if he's not attacking you at all then he's probably newb and/or making one big atack, so just look what he's doing, make a counter for his army and destroy him, or if he's a real newb then he will get mad if you'll keep bugging him with small drops and stuff...

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Whatever the drop is. If it is against your peons. And it is successful on their part. You are more than likely to quit. Unless you have other xpans. Or the minerals are already gone.

I reaver dropped (2 shuttles) a zerg player. Killed all his peons. And some of his force. He left. Mind you, i already did kill his xpans.

What im saying is that peon drops usually force your opponent into defeat. If not, you have the psychological advantage as well as economy.

Geamanu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Since since we are all humans the greatest weakness is not being able to control the game as fast as you think.
If that was possible then we would have some realy nice games don't u think?

CerebralChain

Reaction score
I think he's saying that if we cud do several things at once, like the computer, the games wud be more action packed.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Well, guess what Geamanu, we can't. Humans only use about 15% of their brain "power" (as i call it). Games will get better. But at the moment, they are fine.