What is Your Biggest Weakness in Starcraft?

What is Your Biggest Weakness in Starcraft/BW?

• Expanding

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Scouting

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Spellcasting

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Changing strategy during a match

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Micro

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Macro

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Im working on my macro... Its ok but far from perfect.

Towelie

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
whats macro and micro I don't get it completely. My biggest weakness is early game with zerg. I don't build defense until my lurkers come out. I just don't like wasting time with zerglings then never use em, or spawning pools and then they get in your way.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
You need spawning pool for Lair and Sunken Colonies. Without them, Zerg cannot get Lair for Lurkers.

My biggest weakness is panic/boredom/micro. I need to hone in on those and fix em up.

Zmoney

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
my biggest weakness is microing but what is macroing never heard of it and RENZOKUKEN
i have a ? for u what is ur name on bw i wana play with u and what gateway do u play in east west?

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I play in USEast. My user name is Renzokuken(PoT). What game, map? 1v1. 2v2?
Oh, and i'll only play if it's a non-money map preferably LT because everyone knows that map.
Mind you. I suck.

Zmoney

Reaction score
u play in the east well my name is the same as my forum name and any ways id rather play a 2v2 with u on my team on play bw to so if i c u on ill whisper u and im ok not great and id expect to play a non money map

Zmoney

Reaction score
o thanx aka for the definition in that case macro management gives me very lttle problems at all

CrazyManFP

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i have a problem with expanding. i never build many bases because i like to keep my main base well defended. for some reason i never feel like it is defended enough.

DoS_Zeratul

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thats because you are not agressive a lot. You have to rememebr that if you attacke your ennemy constantly...HE will be the one too worry about his base being defended and HE wont have time to expand...results should be you getting control of map and winning. You see sc/bw aint a game were you both mass an army and fight it off... Its a lot more complicated than that. And my biggest weekness is spellcasting.

Sage

Member!
Reaction score
Website
groups.msn.com
oh no. looks like i forgot to add in ''Panic /remaining calm'' as one of the options. cause thats when u start to forget certain things and make little mistakes...eg: like when u hear those 3 words 'necular launch detected' lol.

shrimpshark

Member!
Reaction score
my prob is i can never stick to one strat i just cant make up my mind on wut to do

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
To have a balanced economy u cant be too defencive but u can neither be too offencive. I sometimes focus too much on offence and i dont expand enough...

B)ushid(o

Reaction score
I suck at defenses I never build them I go for an offensive defense which never worked for me, and What is Micro?

lazaznxxx

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yea, i am not a newbie, i play fo a decent time, but i dunno the bnet slangs. wat is micro, macro, cracklings,and all others. i play all kinda games, name is warlord00 on east-usa

lazaznxxx

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hey aka-47, i read lots o ur posts and u sound like an xpert, mind givin me some replays of urs? name on bnet is warlord00 on east-usa.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Micro: As an example, spreading your guardians apart so only 1 will be hit by a PSI-Storm. It's basically looking after each and everyone of your units. If you are losing an assault, you pull back, even if its only 5 units. etc.

Macro: Making units and expanding

Cracklings: Zerglings with Speed & Attack Speed upg.

Speedlots: Although not many people call them that. They are Zealots with speed upg.

Toss: Protoss

Rine: Marine

Ling: Zergling

Ultra: Ultralisk

M&M: Marines & Medics

BC: Battlecruiser

Peon: Mining unit Probe/SCV/Drone

Gols: Goliaths

Vults: Vultures

SC/BW: Starcraft/BroodWar

Guard: Guardian

Goon: Dragoon

Lot/Zeal: Zealot

Ob: Observer

Sair: Corsair

TvT: Terran Vs Terran

TvZ: Terran Vs Zerg

TvP: Terran Vs Protoss

Thats about ALL i can think of. Maybe some other unit abbreviations i may have missed out on. I know you prolly know all these. But some new games mightn.

SmashBros.Pro

Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
My biggest weakness is probally macro, when it gets into the part of the game where your constantly exchanging attacks it just slips my mind. This is how I lost most of my games, not paying attention to my economy and constantly producing units then when I run out of minerals/gas I'm left with trying to expand against an enemy that has the offensive..