What is the WORST SC UNIT?

God Illuvatar

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
1. carriers die too fast to scourge
No argument, except that if it was a map where some players were going ground, you would get killed if you made enough scourge to stop mass carriers.

2. battlecruisers die too fast to wraiths or scouts or swarm and hydras.
If say for example, you were on Bgh, and you were attacking from your base, say from a side, the ground couldn't get to you, cause you have longer range. And usually the Bcs could just retreat to their base, which would have turrets, if they were smart.

3. carriers/bcs cost way too much to produce in a mass
Dead wrong. I think we can all agree that BGH is the most played melee map on b.net and if so, that it is not hard to make mass ANYTHING, given enough time.

4. carriers cost too much when you don't have a nexus
Well then...ahem. Don''t really know what you meant by that lol, since anyone would leave once they didn't have any nexi (yes; the plural; made it myself :p ) or probes.

5. battlecruisers aren't reliable
??? Please explain. When I see battle cruisers en masse, they rarely let any shortranged units get inside their range, because their range is so long and there are so many of them. When you are playing ground, you have lots of buildings, so it's tough to maneuver units in there to attack them ( I usually go Goliaths; the best unit in my opinion :p ).

6. they suck! deal with it!
Alors, en conclusion, dans mon opinion, ils sont des bons "units" and they are a very good (read:powerful) newb tactic :D

Starfish

Member!
Reaction score
Mutalisks (I mean the worm-like-zerg-flyers) they are soooooo weak...ok they are cheep but still...I hate zerg...they havent got one single seriously strong unit....only good about them is that they are cheep and fast

Starfish

Member!
Reaction score
anyways what's stimm pack used for? I dont get it...they run faster and lose life all the time...hey w8 a sec...that's why u use medics to heal them! *proud that he understod a SC-tactic" hehe :p

chocolate

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by God Illuvatar
No argument, except that if it was a map where some players were going ground, you would get killed if you made enough scourge to stop mass carriers.

If say for example, you were on Bgh, and you were attacking from your base, say from a side, the ground couldn't get to you, cause you have longer range. And usually the Bcs could just retreat to their base, which would have turrets, if they were smart.

Dead wrong. I think we can all agree that BGH is the most played melee map on b.net and if so, that it is not hard to make mass ANYTHING, given enough time.

Well then...ahem. Don''t really know what you meant by that lol, since anyone would leave once they didn't have any nexi (yes; the plural; made it myself :p ) or probes.

??? Please explain. When I see battle cruisers en masse, they rarely let any shortranged units get inside their range, because their range is so long and there are so many of them. When you are playing ground, you have lots of buildings, so it's tough to maneuver units in there to attack them ( I usually go Goliaths; the best unit in my opinion :p ).

Alors, en conclusion, dans mon opinion, ils sont des bons "units" and they are a very good (read:powerful) newb tactic :D
first one is good.
second one is .... well, trust me, scouts and wraiths can take on any captial ship.
third one: i don't play bgh often, try getting big ships en masse in a ladder map. pretty hard while fending off your opponents, and trying to expand.
i don't know what i was talking about on the fourth one..
fifth one: bcs long range??? not really, it's only 6. which is only 1 longer than a dragoon with upgrade. refer to second one for ...uhh.. stuff.
as for the final thingy. captial ships aren't that great. protoss going carriers verse terran, then terran tries to go wraiths(if possible, otherwise, they go goliaths). but, the protoss just needs some corsairs to stop the wraiths. this is same with battlecruisers. I don't get why people say big ships are good! sometimes, number and speed is more important; which is most of the time. I'm tired of this argument.

conclusion:
they have strengths, they have weaknesses, can we please close this thread??!?!?!?

FakeNameHere

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
(off topic) I AM THE 666th VIEWER OF THIS THREAD!!
(On topic) i agree, blizzard is the masters of balance, not including diablo1 and wc1, lol, so old.

God Illuvatar

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ok fine Chocalate. I'm calling our little debate a DRAW! Lol ok yeah this thread has run outta time (slits thread's throat :)). There we shouldn't be having any more posts now. (Hint: Don't post here anymore anyone).

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Originally posted by God Illuvatar
Mutalisks are kinda bad except in large groups, your right. But Goliaths+Marines+Medics upped and stimmed will dominate methinks.

I disagree with your golaith one, a large army of them could stop them, but the missiles are quarted on golaiths. You could use a large army of valks if they are closed in.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
I am not bumping, and at the rate this is going you could close this thread from telling people to stop bumping anywho.

Suicidal units aren' the greatest units in the world, super dmg at the cost of the units life

Starfish

Member!
Reaction score
any1 know where I can find out aboutthose weird 1/2 dmg rules or whatever? like small units deal dmg to large units/...

Starfish

Member!
Reaction score
why close this thread?!? it's only getting OT cuz of you guys :p

and you have to admit that there ARE some really crappy units in the game...(havent said thats a bad thing though :p )

chocolate

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
of course there are 'bad' units, but if you think about it...why is it bad?
final thing: for those who still think there are 'bad' units, then why don't you compare a zergling to a carrier!!!!(wait...carrier is worse...hmm...i got it! zergling to a interceptor!!! muahahhaha)

ahem...yea, CLOSE THIS THREAD!!
reasons: spam is in here, weird people is in here, I'm in here.