Mutas
Guardians
Lurkers
Siege Tanks
Dragoons

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
They are all useful. But it all depends on the situation your in. Ultralisks would be the worst unit if 24 BCs were attacking you.

panthr_dude

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
YEAH u have a point there it all depends on the situation

HydraGyro

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ROFLMAO
they are all balanced but what about the worstly balanced unit? lol...

i think carriers are worstly ballanced... imean like 350/250 and another 200 for interceptors... thats like 550 minerals and 250 gas just for a weak little carrier that 6 scrouge can murder in 2 secs....

PS i stil use carriers though...

panthr_dude

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
carriers arnt weak they are bad ass they have multiple atackage (they can attack many units at the same time)

but i kind of do think that the devours is a waste it attacks super slow...

but oh well tahts just my opinion

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Actually, that's the BC. I don't know where you got the impression that carrs are slow. Try chasing them with ground anti-air. I say scouts are pretty bad. And toss air does fine without them. They're only good for one thing. Nobody goes scouts as a pre-emptive measure for carriers since toss doesn't always go for them. Something's wrong if you do. BCs are horrid units to use against toss anyway so I don't see the point in building them. Just because Blizzard made certain units, doesn't mean they're viable.

chocolate

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
from what i read so far(which isn't much, probably 3 posts, frifrat, carrier thingy, and phenoix's post), this is just which is better? carrier or battlecruiser post all over again...

Oh joy! I love these debates... :fwink

there is no better nor worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!
IF THERE WAS, WHY IS SC THE BEST SELLING GAME?!??!?!?!?!?
ok ... there.:p

FZ. | gOsu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
in my opionion the worse unit in the game would have to be a zergling...besides rushing, there HP is really low...so they cant do much unless all they do is mass marines...so yea

thats my opionion

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It just occured to me. Scouts aren't as good against carriers as everyone thinks. Using the same micro as you would against a BC and scouts will get murdered. Carriers fire while they move scouts cannot. If corsairs are supporting carrs, then those scouts are dead.

chocolate

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by FZ. | gOsu
in my opionion the worse unit in the game would have to be a zergling...besides rushing, there HP is really low...
compare units to their counterparts, and you will see everything is good and yet...has a weakness! you get 2 zerglings per egg! at a cost of only 50 minerals! thats 70 hp+10 damage, compare that to a marine. Marines however, are not melee, and can go in bunker (whoo another advantage). Then theres the Zealot, 160 hp(sort of..) 16 damage per hit. the downside? cost is 100 minerals. If your comparing something like a battlecruiser to a marine, then your dumb. Try comparing things that are some what equal in value (and price) and you'll see that everything is good, period!

Phoenix2003
It just occured to me. Scouts aren't as good against carriers as everyone thinks. Using the same micro as you would against a BC and scouts will get murdered. Carriers fire while they move scouts cannot. If corsairs are supporting carrs, then those scouts are dead.
OK...again, what I said. Scouts are good against most air units, but who actually builds them(unless your going that fast arbiter thingy...)? but if you think price, then you'll get 2 scout per carrier +addition money, so that would mean 2 scouts, a corsair verse one carrier. hmm...I think the scouts will win.

Conclusion: stop comparing units, pick a race, use the units well, and you'll most likely win. all units have weaknesses, all units have strength...
thats why...
Pchocolate
.....SC (IS) THE BEST SELLING GAME....

whoo...i quoted myself:D

EDIT: don't know why the is there...I used the quote system right right?

God Illuvatar

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Those are all good points. I agree with what he says. This thread should be closed now. It's gone on for awhile. I guess we can say that there is no worst unit, and that even if you thought there was one, another player might consider that a prize part of his strategies.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Chocolate, how many times must I repeated myself? Scouts are too specific situations that just don't occur that much. Corsairs are much better at taking down wraiths and mutas than scouts are. If you want to blindly believe that scouts are good, then that's fine, but when you give situations like scouts beat BCs, I've already said that, but that's all they 're good for. NOBODY goes BCs vs toss, so scouts are useless.

chocolate

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Phoenix2003
Chocolate, how many times must I repeated myself? Scouts are too specific situations that don't occur that much. Corsairs are much better at taking down wraiths and mutas than scouts are. If you want to blindly believe that scouts are good, then that's fine, but when you give situations like scouts beat BCs, I've already said that, but that's all they 're good for. NOBODY goes BCs vs toss, so scouts are useless.
umm...I only said scouts are good againts air units. but you compared it to Carriers, so i thought about it, and did some math(sort of) and miscalculated... well the point is 2 scout (no corsair) can take out a carrier, but who goes stargate in a PvP? not many people... in my opinion, scout suck, because of it's price and the fact it can't attack many things without dying.

your right, about some stuff, scouts beat bcs. your right that terran never go bcs. and your right about corsairs being better.

but....tell me when i'm wrong, give me at least 2 examples when I was wrong. because you seem to always have a negative attitude responding to my posts.

fritfrat
CLOSE THIS THREAD, MODS!!
no one listens to him for some reason...

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Sorry, about negative attitude.

chocolate

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by fritfrat
you guys are SO dumb..

it has been stated MANY TIMES that this is a BALANCED GAME, by MANY PEOPLE.

all you guys are doing is wasting time by expressing the bad facts about each unit while other people say the good things about them.

CLOSE THIS THREAD, MODS!!
well, now that this thread is no more, listen to him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(i hope this isn't spam)

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Golaiths when getting attacked by ground, air they sumwhat ok :rolleyes:

God Illuvatar

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
This may be a bit of a rant, but I just wanted to get this out about the capital ships (Battlecruisers/Carriers).

Going mass carriers or battalcruisers is a newb tactic that is right up there with making four hundred canons (Although for canons you can just make tanks). Granted it is tough to stop, so it is not called a newb tactic because it can be easily stopped. It is called that because the game turns into a stupid pixelated weapons race of "who can make the most capital ship crap in THIS game" when that's what has happened the last ten games. It quickly makes the game a matter of "how much time can I last before I get wiped out b/c so and so allied so and so and they both went mass BCs/Carriers."

To heck with those dumb things,they should either make some sorta patch to limit the number of capital ships you can make, or to limit the damage the things do. The games on BGH and other melee maps would be alot funner this way. So for the record, in my opinion, the capital ships are the worst units. There, I'm done.:shoot :shoot :shoot

chocolate

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Hellwolf_36
Golaiths when getting attacked by ground, air they sumwhat ok :rolleyes:
didn't really understand this...
if he means goliaths are good in both air and ground, then it's half right. Golaiths are good against air. but against ground? I don't think so... dragoons, templars, hydralisks...etc. unless it's backed with tanks...then it's not too bad.

Originally posted by God Illuvatar
This may be a bit of a rant, but I just wanted to get this out about the capital ships (Battlecruisers/Carriers).

Going mass carriers or battalcruisers is a newb tactic that is right up there with making four hundred canons (Although for canons you can just make tanks). Granted it is tough to stop, so it is not called a newb tactic because it can be easily stopped. It is called that because the game turns into a stupid pixelated weapons race of "who can make the most capital ship crap in THIS game" when that's what has happened the last ten games. It quickly makes the game a matter of "how much time can I last before I get wiped out b/c so and so allied so and so and they both went mass BCs/Carriers."

To heck with those dumb things,they should either make some sorta patch to limit the number of capital ships you can make, or to limit the damage the things do. The games on BGH and other melee maps would be alot funner this way. So for the record, in my opinion, the capital ships are the worst units. There, I'm done.
funner isn't a word :D
i disagree with the limit on captial ships.
reasons:
1. carriers die too fast to scourge
2. battlecruisers die too fast to wraiths or scouts or swarm and hydras.
3. carriers/bcs cost way too much to produce in a mass
4. carriers cost too much when you don't have a nexus :p
5. battlecruisers aren't reliable
6. they suck! deal with it!