What is the obsession with the new TFT heroes?

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Up until this past weekend, on my server (Azeroth) every single new TFT hero was the most commonly used for its race. Just recently Death Knight + Demon Hunter passed Crypt Lord + Warden, but I've lost too many games due to my ally saying "Man, I really think that warden looks cool, let me try him out." I tell him if we're rushing go DH, but he insists on going warden and he runs in and dies. Once is too many, I'd say I've lost 3 games. They are all good enough to be used, but not all to be used most commonly in their race. Any other opinions?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I always laugh at the people who get a crypt lord. That tank hero is slow, and sure it is strong, but focas fire rapes it. I pity the idiots who go for the new units, instead of strategy.

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yes, bloodmage is the best new hero... followed by the orc hero. But they shouldn't be the best in their race. He is good to a point.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I only use a Blademaster. Then if i have time and enough money i get a Farseer or Shadow Hunter (for his healing)

Kaldaris

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sundren.org
I have to use the shadowhunter, for me its the easiest way to heal my units. Otherwise, its shop, or tier three to heal, and DAMN thats annoying

Sir_Lancelot

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I stick to the DH cause he kicks ass and is an all around good hero. But if you use crypt lord he is awesome at creepin, then just get a second hero to help out and your all set.

M3_feelin_0wn3d

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
cl is good against big groups . i think bm is the baddest. then warden. shadow hunter is good 2 cus of overpowered ward

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It took me just one game to realize the CL is another hero who takes a backseat in favor of the DK. Let's just face facts, that Death Knight is just too good to pass up.

In the case of the other races, however, it seems like some of the new heroes are capable of surviving as first heroes. They, at the very least, fare better than our overgrown beetle... -_-;;;

HellSpawnGothic

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yea most of the new heros do suck, human=blood mage, orc=blademaster, farseer, night elf=demon hunter, undead=demonlord, of course I only hero rush on human and orc =\.

ShaKuras

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The new heros are good and deserve to be used. You mentioned that going CL first is a bad idea. You have obviously not tried a beetle/rod/ghoul rush. It is a killer. But I also think that the DK is the best choice for a first hero. Im just saying that the CL is not a bad one.

The Warden may not have the tanking ability of the DH but she is very good in her own right. I do think that DH is better though.

Going SH first with orc is very doubtful. The farseer with wolf harass is far stronger, especially if you switch to dual AEO later.

I very rarely go BM first. I'll stick with either the AM first or the MK.

huttbole

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i always go with farseer first. he creeps alone(with wolves) fairly well and with some hhs backing him and wolves for meat i can creep really fast. and the wolve harrass is just great. i get the shadowhunter second. he compliments the farseer very well. mid/late game i only use my heros and troops for distraction while my catapults rip his base apart anyhow.

Electroduende9

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i think that people are starting to do the "lets try the new hero because its new" thing less and less now that more people have played TFT for a while... the massing-new-units strategies is also slowly leaving... i couldnt be much happier

that said, i use SH a lot... i love the wards... but im thinking about trying TC for a while... i dunno

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
TFT Heroes

I've always used SH for a third hero for Orc.. He's just so easily killed..Protected or not. But yeah in my opinion the best new hero is probably BM. Paired with AM Blizz+Firestorm=Pretty brutal damage. Besides that..CL is just ugly.. o_O Atleast DK has a zombified Orlando Bloom look to'em..

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
CL=good first second and third hero
warden=good first second and third hero
Sh=OK support hero. good third hero
BM=good second or third hero.

thats the new heros in a nutshell

Kuro Neko

Reaction score
Re: TFT Heroes

Originally posted by Serial Thriller
I've always used SH for a third hero for Orc.. He's just so easily killed..Protected or not. But yeah in my opinion the best new hero is probably BM. Paired with AM Blizz+Firestorm=Pretty brutal damage. Besides that..CL is just ugly.. o_O Atleast DK has a zombified Orlando Bloom look to'em..
Wow, such an imagination. :D

The DH is the Night Elves' tank once it reaches LvL 6 and over anyways.

Oh and the SH isnt so easily killed, check out his (Ahh I forgot whats it called) Agility aquired ..yeah. When you get tomes of agility it adds to strength. He's fast, so he can get away pretty easily, slippery fellow I'd say.

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
^^^ When he gets agility... it adds to strength? I think it means he has high armour. And the fact that when anyone goes dual mages (AM + BM) on the other team they both die so quickly especially when i have my killer combo =P AM + MK or my partner has a DK.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
--

My double mage combo is usually paired with Sorc with slow and riflemen with maybe some footmen and/or knights. Besides that i pair the mages with a pot, so if they go through the pot and are low on HP i just run them off to safety, i always send mages in last so they're in the back lines unleashing beautiful carnage o_O

DK- Oh Orlando..Save me from those ugly Orcs..