What is the best strat for Protoss V. Protoss Air?

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I was just wondering what the best offensive and defensive strategies are for air versus air when playing against another protoss opponent. Any input is welcome.....

If you wanna go 1 on 1 or have an allied battle check if I am on BNet East. Name=ModulusFleaFB4 :D

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Well... I'll take that your talking about carriers. Scouts will do the job against carriers, along with goons, and had some high templars with it.

To the other air, you can use corsairs. They own small ships. They suck vs capital ships, but they do own small ships ;)

K]t[N-Slayer

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
also might think about putting in some DTs to attack there base while they attack yours. so that they have to split there force and it would be easier to kill there ships.

or maybe and arb or to so that they freeze and you can take out the ones that are still unfrozen. which should be a considerably less number.

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
templars, goons, and if u have enough time, get sairs (splash dmg will help in the long run if u have 6+ sairs)

a newbie owning u in starcraft for his very first game = 1 loss
a rematch where he wins again = 1 loss
a final match where he rushes in and totals my base = 1 loss
the look on his face when he finds out im using a loss bot = priceless

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Scouts - Useful in any situation. A must buy!

Corsairs - Only use them as support or for D-Web, don't go making 24 of these guys...

Carriers - Not recommended against air. But can win a match. I'd use other units instead of this one, personally.

Dragoons - These are fantastic, cheap compared to some other Protoss units. And they are ground. So yea! Buy some of these!

High Templars - Who cares if they are a mage unit! Buy them and equip them with Psionic Storm and own some air units!

Archons - Meh. You could get these, i prefer two High Templars though. I only get these against Zerg. Or if im bored.

Arbiter - Good for statising half of an air/ground army. But i never get them. It's up to you though.

I think that's about it. Hope that helps!

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
Use scouts and dragoons.and use the high templars psionic storm ability and if the templars run out of energy, then merge them.:)

End Of All

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
depends on what the opponet goes for, if your up against scouts...use corsairs and scouts combo

for carriers, use lots of scouts and a few corsairs, and attack each carrier 1 at a time

Kos Mos

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.moh.vze.com
i say the best way it ground attack it stroner than air you kill faster with ground attack than air except for carriers they kill fast

fenix_reborn

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
On an air2air Toss battle, I use plenty of arbiters combined with scouts. Carriers are for attacking bases, thank you. If you want...Corsairs are not a bad unit. I like them a lot when attacking well defended bases. You'd be surprised how badly you can beat someone using 10 disruption webs.

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
one idiot here said not to get archons unless your bored. i got news for you: archons can in one on one combat destroy any unit except for an 8-ceptor carrier and a BC or a reaver with the +25 damage thing
archons can land the killing blow when a battle is a standoff or as support for carriers who can own the base but get raped by units
the only thing to look out for with archons is mind-control