WhAT IS THE BEST ORC STRAT

thebird

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hey if anyone could tell me the greatest Orc strat of now....TELL ME!!!! I need to beat my friend who is usually nightelf HELP!!!:madatu

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
against ne u say......

id go a lot of grunts early on with some hh splashed in (add more for each huntress), quickly tech and add shamen (even if its just for purge and shield) and build a beastiery and start making wyverns. tech again to get upgraded shamen and wyvs (u might want some bats for anti air or if they dont go to hippos or dotts use zerkers) should work if you tech faster than them and do not allow them to expand

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Use kodo beasts to take powerful melee units out of battle.

Torubu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Gruntapult towerpush is probably the most effective strategy versus Night Elf as of late, unfortunately I have no real information on a build for it at this time, but I'm on the search for one. I'll post it when found.

Whaturmuva

Eating the souls of children
Reaction score
Website
aqua-teen.com
yea the gruntapult is the most effective
Hunts will fall by pults and grunts can own any ranged unit

Kam_Islash

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Problem is Grunts cost more and take longer to make than Archers and Huntresses. By the time I have a Small band of Grunts, ne has a batallion. And no Small band can defeat a batallion.

And NE upgrades are cheaper and faster than Orc upgrades too.

And orcs have to go ALL the way back from the trees to the hall or mill, whereas the wisps sit on their asses RAKING in the wood....this compunded by teh HIGH cost of upgrades makes Orcs at an ESXTREME disadvantage to Night Elf.

It really sucks.

That said, I myself will try and use demolishers more often...

///

BluddLuSt4Life

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.asstr.org
Demolishers just OWN night elf, all your grunts should be doing is staying in between the hunts and your demos. 5-6 grunts with the bezerk upgrade, and 2-3 demos will own almost any night elf force. Add in Chainwave, and Feral spirit and its almost over before it begins. If you can, try and get the first ranged upgrade, and the first armor upgrade. The ranged upgrade is the most important one, the extra damage means lots of huntress chunks :)

Torubu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Kam_Islash
Problem is Grunts cost more and take longer to make than Archers and Huntresses. By the time I have a Small band of Grunts, ne has a batallion. And no Small band can defeat a batallion.

And NE upgrades are cheaper and faster than Orc upgrades too.

And orcs have to go ALL the way back from the trees to the hall or mill, whereas the wisps sit on their asses RAKING in the wood....this compunded by teh HIGH cost of upgrades makes Orcs at an ESXTREME disadvantage to Night Elf.

It really sucks.

That said, I myself will try and use demolishers more often...

///
Heros alone can beat an army. I've seen it happen (and not just the Pieces vs. PartisanRanger game)

Orc has the upgrade adavantage, 1 defensive affects each unit.

Lumber has a somewhat advantage from NE, but not early game.

Kam_Islash

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Its scarecely an advantage if it costs so damned much.

The cost burden is too great!

orcs can't gather resources fast enough to make up for the cost!

///

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
try BM hero rush, and give BM clarity pots and healing salves. keep enemy's hero in his/her base by killing off his/her peasents. If tower is built, run, and while BM does that, go to tier 2 quick, and make 2nd hero and lvl him up, as well as making catapults and grunts :D as the game gets to the end, try some raiders (ensare) taurens + spirit walkers + shamens + Some witch doctors. Add some troll bat riders, jus incase of air attacks.