What is it with people on BattleNet these days?

pluch002

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
dont scammers suck? i have been scammed do many times and i dont know i had been until someone told me that i got scammed lol

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
Only reason 1.11 sucks is because everyone from 1.09, 1.10 got used to the bugged items, bots, and things were farely new still.
Anyone who is baal running these days, needs a room full of people that can basically beat hell baal solo. People got so used to the baal bots that everyone still stands in town waiting for some high lvl to run it or tele. With map hach gone running is actually just as long as someone teleing (unless they are really good at it). Not to mention no one runs baal games for 12+ hours without a break like a bot.
Runewords aren't the real problem, it is lasyness and newbyism. Have you noticed how many people just started playing D2 1.11, these are people that have no clue what the basics are, let alone what to do. If you get a full room of this, you are destined to fail, or worse be the only one that attacks and causes any real damage.
People on 1.11 for the most part are looking for the easy way rather the proper way.
one of the last games I played, which was the turning point for me quitting was a lvl 92 hammerdin with perfect leet gear, who DID NOT USE THE CON AURA! Didn't even realize you could use a aura and attack at the same time. I asked how is it possible for you not to know about auras, and have all perfect gear at that lvl. his reply was " I bought it all off line even the character itself. I only started two days ago."
Things like this are annoying, and to me is the downfall to D2. Once these rich kids get bored with the game I will rejoin.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Father_Chaos said:
Get a Hammerdin without enigma versus my Fire Sorceress anytime ;).
Skilled Desyching Hammerdins>those that tele. Also:

to all NON-IDIOTS who are poor, you can try your luck at www.battle.net/forums and try to make friends or trade items.

Fei_Rushes

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.helbreathusa.com
XxSworn_EnemyxX said:
Only reason 1.11 sucks is because everyone from 1.09, 1.10 got used to the bugged items, bots, and things were farely new still.
Anyone who is baal running these days, needs a room full of people that can basically beat hell baal solo. People got so used to the baal bots that everyone still stands in town waiting for some high lvl to run it or tele. With map hach gone running is actually just as long as someone teleing (unless they are really good at it). Not to mention no one runs baal games for 12+ hours without a break like a bot.
Runewords aren't the real problem, it is lasyness and newbyism. Have you noticed how many people just started playing D2 1.11, these are people that have no clue what the basics are, let alone what to do. If you get a full room of this, you are destined to fail, or worse be the only one that attacks and causes any real damage.
People on 1.11 for the most part are looking for the easy way rather the proper way.
one of the last games I played, which was the turning point for me quitting was a lvl 92 hammerdin with perfect leet gear, who DID NOT USE THE CON AURA! Didn't even realize you could use a aura and attack at the same time. I asked how is it possible for you not to know about auras, and have all perfect gear at that lvl. his reply was " I bought it all off line even the character itself. I only started two days ago."
Things like this are annoying, and to me is the downfall to D2. Once these rich kids get bored with the game I will rejoin.

hold on now! Im noob and I've been playing Diablo from 1.10 and then stopped for awhile until I got back into Diablo recently. When I played LoD at 1.10 I got all my gear from a friend i went to school with that decided to quit LoD. I had some almost godly gear including a few sojs. Yet then I was inexperienced, but still rushing people (did almost 4-10 rushes a day between norm and nm or both) and helping however as I learnt how to play (i even had a decent maphack :cool: )
When I came back to closed account and a new version 1.11 I had to start all over and EARN every stinkin bit of armour I got cuz not only did I not have the means ( or knowledge) to hack items or trade, but I wanted to raise my char clean cuz thats just the way the game is played:-/ but yeah i had a player feel pity on me and trade my weak set item for a lidless and I was given some low MF charms, but to get decent 900+ and 1000+ magical and rare armours with 60+ MF has to say something! (dedication hopefully, persistance maybe?)
and yet and still I am doing rushes for people (with no rush channel... wtf happened to that???) but a catch for me rushing ppl is that i tell them to help others out with rushing when they get stronger in the game and I try to give them items when possible.. My char is weak when fighting in hell but I always, ALWAYS am trying to assist in any way possible.

so to say that all the new people that come in don't help enough or not at all is harsh, given some actually ARE doing what your saying, but for those that are genuine...

GIVE A NOOB A CHANCE!!:wavey

Carbon

Battle God
Reaction score
Guest said:
Skilled Desyching Hammerdins>those that tele. Also:

to all NON-IDIOTS who are poor, you can try your luck at www.battle.net/forums and try to make friends or trade items.
and if you don't like battle.net forums go to cc-comp.org forums, or join an in game group of people who do not accept scamming and cheating. There are always people to talk to or play with if you join places like these. I am part of Op I.Glade on UsWest

AssBandit

Member!
Reaction score
btw alota hammers use charge instead of tele just figured id mention that

Halakermaker

Member!
Reaction score
lol i didnt know i could use an aura and skill at the same time til someone asked me why I didnt have an aura on and i was told this after ive gotten 4 characters to lvl 70+

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
Fei_Rushes said:
hold on now! Im noob and I've been playing Diablo from 1.10 and then stopped for awhile until I got back into Diablo recently. When I played LoD at 1.10 I got all my gear from a friend i went to school with that decided to quit LoD. I had some almost godly gear including a few sojs. Yet then I was inexperienced, but still rushing people (did almost 4-10 rushes a day between norm and nm or both) and helping however as I learnt how to play (i even had a decent maphack :cool: )
When I came back to closed account and a new version 1.11 I had to start all over and EARN every stinkin bit of armour I got cuz not only did I not have the means ( or knowledge) to hack items or trade, but I wanted to raise my char clean cuz thats just the way the game is played:-/ but yeah i had a player feel pity on me and trade my weak set item for a lidless and I was given some low MF charms, but to get decent 900+ and 1000+ magical and rare armours with 60+ MF has to say something! (dedication hopefully, persistance maybe?)
and yet and still I am doing rushes for people (with no rush channel... wtf happened to that???) but a catch for me rushing ppl is that i tell them to help others out with rushing when they get stronger in the game and I try to give them items when possible.. My char is weak when fighting in hell but I always, ALWAYS am trying to assist in any way possible.

so to say that all the new people that come in don't help enough or not at all is harsh, given some actually ARE doing what your saying, but for those that are genuine...

GIVE A NOOB A CHANCE!!:wavey
In that case your not a noob, your a born again noob :rofl2
Do you know how to use auras on pallies, do you know what SoJ stand for, if so you don't count under what I was saying as new kids on bnet.

david-dman

Reaction score
:hbut :hbut relpy to sworn enemys encounter with the hood rich noob.......even tho im still a noob it makes me mad when ppl go and spend hundreds of dollars on pixels wtf is up with that on top of it all i have noticed the lack of motivation in baal rooms i remember i was grushed to hell i did my chaos and just started baaling the room filled two of the people were lvl 90 and none of them would go idk if they just didnt want to or pure laziness me n my friend decided to walk and owned the whole thing wtf is up with that y are people so damn lazy its not like moving the mouse is that hard or has i am sick of tired of it people need to start usin there brains a lil more i would make the game n the world a better place

david-dman

Reaction score
:hbut :hbut relpy to sworn enemys encounter with the hood rich noob.......even tho im still a noob it makes me mad when ppl go and spend hundreds of dollars on pixels wtf is up with that on top of it all i have noticed the lack of motivation in baal rooms i remember i was grushed to hell i did my chaos and just started baaling the room filled two of the people were lvl 90 and none of them would go idk if they just didnt want to or pure laziness me n my friend decided to walk and owned the whole thing wtf is up with that y are people so damn lazy its not like moving the mouse is that hard or has i am sick of tired of it people need to start usin there brains a lil more i would make the game n the world a better place

SpACatta

Member!
Reaction score
Then perhaps you should start using your brain a little more and make it easier for us to read what you type by putting periods at the ends of sentences. Nobody likes to sift through that endless sea of words trying to figure out what the hell you're trying to say.

dNiym

Member!
Reaction score
Stay tuned! Next week we will introduce you to a little curvy thing we like to call a "comma".

Fei_Rushes

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.helbreathusa.com
XxSworn_EnemyxX said:
In that case your not a noob, your a born again noob :rofl2
Do you know how to use auras on pallies, do you know what SoJ stand for, if so you don't count under what I was saying as new kids on bnet.

born again noob... lol. well im gonna be honest with you sworn...

<whispering> I never made a pally b4 and although I had SoJs on my old char, I got em from a friend and I forgot what they stand for cuz Ive never seen one since... I hope its Stone of Jordan or im really gonna be a uber noob </whispering>

fireomen92

Member!
Reaction score
SpACatta said:
It's like Diablo II players have become more and more inept with each year I've played. A year ago, I could participate in 200-game Baal runs with skilled, mature (for the most part) people. I've spent the last two hours entering every Hell Baal game I see, and only two of them have been successful runs. Every other game has fallen apart before we even reach the Throne because some idiot gets killed so everyone freaks out and leaves.

What's going on? I'm having trouble wanting to play this game anymore because this is part of a painful cycle: I lost my equipment because I couldn't play so my old characters expired, I created new ones, but I can't get equipment because I can't level because nobody can do Baal runs anymore. I can't do my own runs because I don't have that equipment to let me teleport to the Throne...

I think I chose a bad time to come back to the game.
I find that in different time of the day there are more baal runs to choose from thus, more chances of not running into dud games. Thats just me though.

Shadow-Hunter

Member!
Reaction score
It is Possible to pwn with a Non-Teleing Hammerdin... On Another Forum i have seen a Guide about a Liberator (hammer/charge) with 9k hammer dmg, 10k charge dmg, 6-10k ar Charge, Over 2k life No Bo and 45%+ dmg Reduce... Now with charge you dont really need to Tele that much, also Any sorc or Low def char can if lucky, be killed in a hit of Charge... So little lower hammer dmg, But another that can be very dangerous for the enemy o.o ..

~Shadow

http://www.rpgforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10843 (the link, Made small cus im not sure if its allowed to Link to other forums >.<)

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
YA I WENt on a baal run and this lvl 92 got us to throne then he hostiled us and killed us all

Magius

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah, I've noticed the TOTAL lack of baaling competence. I don't wanna be on the next new season ladder climb if these are the people I have to deal with. Even without bots, I sit here in 1.11 and baal for 8 hours on saturdays, and any other time I ccan spare while still keeping up with a normal and healthy social life and getting my precious 5 hours a night of sleep, but honestly, it is near impossible to find a hell baalrun where people actually BAALRUN. I try to tele with my new sorc who's just under lvl 80, but throw a few souls in the mix with my less-than-godly equipment, and it's hopeless. I find the odd game with 95+ lvl chars who actually KNOW the protocol and etiquette of balling that we all KNEW and loved, but other than that... leveling pretty much stops at 78 or so...

ArcaneLegend

Member!
Reaction score
Shadow-Hunter said:
It is Possible to pwn with a Non-Teleing Hammerdin... On Another Forum i have seen a Guide about a Liberator (hammer/charge) with 9k hammer dmg, 10k charge dmg, 6-10k ar Charge, Over 2k life No Bo and 45%+ dmg Reduce... Now with charge you dont really need to Tele that much, also Any sorc or Low def char can if lucky, be killed in a hit of Charge... So little lower hammer dmg, But another that can be very dangerous for the enemy o.o ..

~Shadow

http://www.rpgforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10843 (the link, Made small cus im not sure if its allowed to Link to other forums >.<)
I'm a proud user of a Liberator. Hybrids > pure builds always.

Do check out my Vindicator/Savior guide on those forums by the way. I'm known as ArcaneLegend there. :D

Reaction score
well i just saw this post n im commenting on the rw. i do agree with trojen all u old schoolers always blameing the runewords some runewords are need very much thease days.
I.E: how is a uber smiter gonna do ubers without exile n CoH n if needed a grief.
im not sure if this was everyone but my bro used to play when diablo first came out hes on the same side of the runewords, uber trist etc.
but he was saying bak in his day diablo was way more competive like a hamerdin with nigma could destroy a hammerdin bak then n its unballenced the game. also full tals was like worth 25 or something sojs were as now its barley a ist.
i do agree with him with the unbalenced part becuase sometimes it can get very uneven but then again thats the players fault for not having godly gear.
(this is coming from a player who started in 1.10)
But i got something to add u can find privete servers with classic mods such as (no rw) etc but u gotta find them also i am not sure if they are leaguel thats y i do not play them. however if u P.M me i may be able to get my friend to find u one he plays on privete servers.

Magius

Member!
Reaction score
Tunewords did kinda screw the trading system... but paying for everything in SoJ's was starting to get REALLY annoying. Plus, with the addition of D-Clone and Ubers, runeowrds are the saving grace, I think. Sure, wew got synergies to help with D-clone in 1.10, but still... I challenge myself and any other players to to an uber trist run without ANY runewords. Possible? Of course, and probably a lot of fun with the right team! But without runewords... it would be a long night...