What is it with people on BattleNet these days?

SpACatta

Member!
Reaction score
It's like Diablo II players have become more and more inept with each year I've played. A year ago, I could participate in 200-game Baal runs with skilled, mature (for the most part) people. I've spent the last two hours entering every Hell Baal game I see, and only two of them have been successful runs. Every other game has fallen apart before we even reach the Throne because some idiot gets killed so everyone freaks out and leaves.

What's going on? I'm having trouble wanting to play this game anymore because this is part of a painful cycle: I lost my equipment because I couldn't play so my old characters expired, I created new ones, but I can't get equipment because I can't level because nobody can do Baal runs anymore. I can't do my own runs because I don't have that equipment to let me teleport to the Throne...

I think I chose a bad time to come back to the game.

L

Laharl

That, my friend, is most of the reason why I left. That and the fact that the new runewords completely destroyed any semblance of balance that remained, and there is no challenge anymore.

Carbon

Battle God
Reaction score
D2 sucks now..all these newb bm pkers...it isn't even worth playing. I'm trying to achieve level 92 with my v/t and it's damn near impossible to find a quality baal games...what really pisses me off is when you join a baal game and there are 2 asian people jacking around and they don't understand you when you swear and yell at them. They could at least have the courtesy of making their own game.

Trojan

Respected Member
Reaction score
Big-Fat-Homo said:
That, my friend, is most of the reason why I left. That and the fact that the new runewords completely destroyed any semblance of balance that remained, and there is no challenge anymore.
Why do you people always blame it on the runewords? What was before them? ITH's and hacked/bugged items. Those made the game unfair to play with and the runewords aren't cheap. They actually give a chance for some classes to go pvp such as the hammerdin. What is a hammerdin without teleport?

L

Laharl

Heh, the game would be good (1.10, 1.11) if they didn't add the runewords.

Note: Hammerdins cannot kill pvp. Don't kid yourself.

Carbon

Battle God
Reaction score
Big-Fat-Homo said:
Heh, the game would be good (1.10, 1.11) if they didn't add the runewords.

Note: Hammerdins cannot kill pvp. Don't kid yourself.
Hammerdin is good for pk you just have to be good with hammerdin.

Father_Chaos

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Carbon said:
Poison dagger necro is good for pk you just have to be good with poison dagger necro.

Carbon

Battle God
Reaction score
Father_Chaos said:
Poison dagger necro is good for pk you just have to be good with poison dagger necro.
no..you have to be able to do damage, as in more than 1-3 damage, to be good in pk.

Father_Chaos

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Carbon said:
Grim ward barb is good for pk you just have to be good with grim ward barb.

SpACatta

Member!
Reaction score
Didn't think this would switch topics so quickly...

Oh well, I just wanted to vent anyway. I wish the game could go back to how fun it was in 1.09. :(

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Trojan said:
Why do you people always blame it on the runewords? What was before them? ITH's and hacked/bugged items. Those made the game unfair to play with and the runewords aren't cheap. They actually give a chance for some classes to go pvp such as the hammerdin. What is a hammerdin without teleport?

first off trojan, allow me to say that im on your side with the runewords

now with that said, in classic theres no runes/jewels, which means theres no runewords, which means theres no enigma, which means hammerdins have no teleport.

and trust me, they can pwn the living crap out of duels if you work correctly. (granted, hammerdins ARE easy in duels except for maybe 1/10)

Carbon

Battle God
Reaction score
Father_Chaos said:
Grim ward barb is good for pk you just have to be good with grim ward barb.
Hammerdins can do damage..grim ward barbs(if there is such a thing) don't do damage..try again

Father_Chaos

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Carbon said:
Hammerdins can do damage..grim ward barbs(if there is such a thing) don't do damage..try again
I hope you understand I'm kidding you since the start :huggles...

Carbon

Battle God
Reaction score
o...i really didn't no u were being sarcastic because people make grim ward barbs and posion dagger necros all the time

Father_Chaos

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Carbon said:
o...i really didn't no u were being sarcastic because people make grim ward barbs and posion dagger necros all the time
I'll make sure I think you're not sarcastic so I can laugh at you :yamer.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Trojan said:
Hammerdin can kill wihtout enigma.

Father_Chaos

BattleForums Member
Reaction score

Father_Chaos

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Get a Hammerdin without enigma versus my Fire Sorceress anytime ;).