What is it that drew you to StarCraft?

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
The fact that one of my cousins totally own SC and it was a big hit at the time. I wanted to try it for myself. Turns out I actually liked it, even though I still suck today.

- Amantis

RaidenMZX

Member!
Reaction score
Website
underfire.vze.com
Well... I bought my friend WarCraft 2 for his birthday, he loved it so much that he decided to get StarCraft. I got interested in it when he started talking about Battle.net, clans, and clan matches; it sounded so awesome. However, unforunatly at the time I did not have a good PC, or the Internet. Once I got those items I quickly set out and bought StarCraft in 2001.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
How many of you thought the Carrier was the coolest thing when you first got this game? That's probably the first thing Shadow1psc2k showed me when he first got it, and I thought it was really awesome. Any of you feel like that towards a unit that made you want to buy the game more?

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Meh, I thought all Protoss ground units were the coolest thing. In strategy games, I mostly go all ground unless situational.

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Darkmatter said:
How many of you thought the Carrier was the coolest thing when you first got this game? That's probably the first thing Shadow1psc2k showed me when he first got it, and I thought it was really awesome. Any of you feel like that towards a unit that made you want to buy the game more?
My brother did :). I remember saying he owned the whole mission with them and I was like "wow"

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I just thought Protoss were rigged because of the huge HP levels. The Zealot has 160 all up whereas the Marine has 40!

And that's exactly why i used Protoss back then.

shin666

Member!
Reaction score
Website
colasclan.proboards41.com
not only do protoss have a huge hp advantage over just about any race, zelots do waaaaaay more dmg then any unit. Can someone say 32? (16 per blade x 2 hits = ownage)

then again i'm a hardcore zerg babby in the guise of a toss thats training to undertake you and demise your stratagies. anyways I started sc when i was really young, prolly around 10 or 11 back in 98, and i blame it all on my god father who decided to buy it for us "even though i was playind d2 at the time"

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
No, Zealot goes as 8 x 2 hits. That's 16.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
NtRik_ said:
actually, its quite different ;)

I think I started playing SC when I was in grade 3, when my friends all started talking about it, and one of them told me that hydralisk was strongest unit in the game, he told me that it killed marines in like one hit.

then he also told me that protoss zlots are so weak, marine could shoot him and his head would blow off.

so I tried it in my cousin's house that very same new year, and I foudn that my friend was lying to me :(
do u know how to calculate numbers then :p

Zerglite

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
shin i like ur sig and all, but its 23x the limit

LOL

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Sexowoman said:
I just thought Protoss were rigged because of the huge HP levels. The Zealot has 160 all up whereas the Marine has 40!

And that's exactly why i used Protoss back then.
Haha, yeah! Back then I suppose nothing mattered as long as you had the stronger units, I mean I neglected the build time and cost of them because I was getting what I payed for. :p