What is it that drew you to StarCraft?

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Samsara said:
I liked how each unit does something special (IE, skills or spells). The RPG elements added into it and how the map choice determines what build order you will go. Plus i love the custom games and how in depth they are (ive seen clans based solely on customs). I also love the tournaments that blizzard regularly sets up. Oh wait that´s war3 and not some outdated game where whomever masses one unit the fastest wins.

*runs away before getting shot*
I definitely agree with what you say. My favorite Warcraft missions are "walk-arounds" where you have no minerals. I just don't the basic game is as action packed.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Samsara said:
I liked how each unit does something special (IE, skills or spells). The RPG elements added into it and how the map choice determines what build order you will go. Plus i love the custom games and how in depth they are (ive seen clans based solely on customs). I also love the tournaments that blizzard regularly sets up. Oh wait that´s war3 and not some outdated game where whomever masses one unit the fastest wins.

*runs away before getting shot*
Heh, good show.

I liked WarCraft III , it wasn't as good as StarCraft is to me and never will be but it was still a fairly fun game to play. The RPG Elements were both awesome and a bitch to get used to. Along with micromanagement.

CruelJustice

Member!
Reaction score
TrongaMonga said:
I started playing in 98, I believe. So I can't really remember. All I know is that me and my friends noticed it, and off we went.
I started playing the same year, at least that's when I noticed it. My older cousin, Seo showed me. Before all the Broodwar cucamunga the gameplay was rather raw yet satisfying. No big gigantic units to worry about.
Seo is one of the best SC players I know.

Zerglite

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Pains Requiem brought it over to my house, and i went on Bnet, and built like 10 rines and 2 tanks and thought ( im awesome ) till i saw 150 hydras and the guys 30 bases ( omg how can i not remember!!!!.... THINK THINK THINKK..... wow... this is pathetic i cant remember what the zerg base is called) o yea.... he had like 30 hatcheries and i got really pissed after that and said * im gonna be able to beat the SH!T out of that guy, so i went and bought it, and i was pretty good untill my dad took it off the comp, stole the disks, and wont let me install them... :(

Zmoney

Reaction score
hehe funny post^

Think Think Think umm oh yeah GG.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
My friend had a burnt copy, selling it for $10. That was back in 1999 or 98.

I remember how awesome i thought the Protoss were. I still think much the same today :D

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
Renzokuken said:
My friend had a burnt copy, selling it for $10. That was back in 1999 or 98.

I remember how awesome i thought the Protoss were. I still think much the same today :D
Protoss are the Night Elves of Starcraft. Most overused race because just by massing only three different kinds of units will win you the game.

Noob Elf anyone?

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsara said:
Protoss are the Night Elves of Starcraft. Most overused race because just by massing only three different kinds of units will win you the game.

Noob Elf anyone?
actually, its quite different ;)

I think I started playing SC when I was in grade 3, when my friends all started talking about it, and one of them told me that hydralisk was strongest unit in the game, he told me that it killed marines in like one hit.

then he also told me that protoss zlots are so weak, marine could shoot him and his head would blow off.

so I tried it in my cousin's house that very same new year, and I foudn that my friend was lying to me :(

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Samsara said:

Noob Elf anyone?
wow, this guy has no idea what he's talking about. go back to your noob war3 forums and stay there. what a :nooob :rolleyes

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
whats even funnier about Zerglite playing it, i brought it over and he kept on saying "no, im NOT going to like this, i dont care if you bring it over, were not gonna play it, no were not, NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOO, fine ONE game"
bullshit

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Samsara said:

Noob Elf anyone?
Actually, if anything, Terran has a slight edge.. Nada, Iloveoov, Boxer, the list goes on.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Samsara said:

Noob Elf anyone?
But Nightelfs don't have to worry about a unit that can create a shockwave and steal the healing properties of their moon wells. Protoss however do. :p

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Darkmatter said:
But Nightelfs don't have to worry about a unit that can create a shockwave and steal the healing properties of their moon wells. Protoss however do. :p
Not really DM :). SciV's take too much gas. Terran can't tech to them while massing tanks. You're way too into spells! :)

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
Considering the fact that Protoss is the weakest and least used(for progamers at least), comparing Nightelf = Protoss?
Way out of hand, since NightElf dominated WEG 2005 and many WC3Ls.

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
I saw someone playing it in Washington when I was ten years old, just after it came out. I remember the first time I saw the game: a kid was playing on it (a cousin of mine, I think), and a Zealot of his was being chased by a Mutalisk. I remember asking him why he didn't try to kill the Mutalisk; I didn't understand why he was just running away and not attacking it.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
My friend plays it when I go to his house. He sucked at it, and eventually I got better than him lolz.

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
I saw people in a Net cafe playing it on BGH. I asked what game it was then i tried it. then i bought it and played for hours.