What is it that drew you to StarCraft?

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
For me, it was the coolness of the units/spells. I thought the concept of commanding legions of aliens was just kickass. What caught and held your attention?

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Siege Tanks. I was a big fan of transformers then, so when Siege Tanks did their thing and bombarded my friends base back when we were total newbies, I just said ''Dude, screw this. I need to buy StarCraft.'' But before that, a friend of mine who used to post here showed me a Carrier. I never seen anything like it and it was just totally astounding to me then. The games interface as well as units drew me to actually getting it (Or stealing it from my friend, whichever way you look at it.) and playing it like a fiend.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I started playing in 98, I believe. So I can't really remember. All I know is that me and my friends noticed it, and off we went.

Zmoney

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Way back in 2000 I think SC was a completley random purchase that turned out to be my favorite game ever made.

I think the game of the year sticker lured me.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
A friend of mine needed money for marijuana, and he was like "I'll sell you Starcraft and BroodWar for twenty bucks! They are cool games, I think you'd like them!" I had way too much money for my own good at the time, so I bought them the next day without even finding out what there were about. I ended up pleased.

..and now you know the rest of the story.

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My oldest brother, as he always does, extensively researched the Nintendo 64 version. He read everything he could find about it on the net and in magazines. I thought the Zerg Hydralisk looked really neat. Eventually he bought it. He played and beat the game with me attentively watching. We started playing against each other and it was alot of fun. My other older brother bought the warchest. The rest is history.

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
Just because it was the creator of legendary games: Wc1, and Wc2, I had to buy it.
and I guess I felt pretty confident that SC was going to be good too, seeing how well they made strategy games at that time comparing to rest of the game companies.

shimshimheyxD

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I always wanted to create my own army and make maps. I hav acheieved my goal..

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
lets see.. 5th grade 5 years ago.. my friend Timmy (who was like 3 years older than everyone in the class) used to talk all the time and draw and shit, and he always talked about Starcraft, and oneday he said he'd let me borrow it after i had asked about it a few times. loved it. i thought buling 2 barracks and 1 starport was awesome..
got on Bnet and i was taken out by 30 zergling and 12 hydras while i was still builing supply depotes.. ah.. i remember it like it was yesterday..

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hmm i think i started playing in about 2001,i think i got it,because it was 19.99 for the battlechest,and i only had like 23$ and it tunred out to be an awesome game

Lights

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
About 5 years ago, my friend had it and I played at his house. I didn't buy it right away, but a year or so later I saw it, remembered it, and purchased it. Since then, I've been playing on and off. However, I've only gotten semi-serious about melee a month ago.

I like the whole RTS genre. I played AOE for forever, back in the day. ^^;

Taligaro

Furyan Merc
Reaction score
I'm one of those people who after beating a game with and without cheats, it no longer holds my interest. SC, and a few others are the exception. SC holds my interest because of StarEdit, and as of late, all the better editors.

Anyway, I got SC the day it came out here. Don't remember what drew me to it, probably it being RTS. Nukes would probably be next!

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
A retailer from a local e-boutique convinced me to try it out. I liked the gameplay style. It was both similar and different from the C&C games I was into at the time. And here I am.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
i saw a flash rts so i was like what is a cool rts i ask a friend s is good

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
I liked how each unit does something special (IE, skills or spells). The RPG elements added into it and how the map choice determines what build order you will go. Plus i love the custom games and how in depth they are (ive seen clans based solely on customs). I also love the tournaments that blizzard regularly sets up. Oh wait that´s war3 and not some outdated game where whomever masses one unit the fastest wins.

*runs away before getting shot*

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Samsara said:
I liked how each unit does something special (IE, skills or spells). The RPG elements added into it and how the map choice determines what build order you will go. Plus i love the custom games and how in depth they are (ive seen clans based solely on customs). I also love the tournaments that blizzard regularly sets up. Oh wait that´s war3 and not some outdated game where whomever masses one unit the fastest wins.

LMAO, how true

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
You double posted. Now that's very true :cool:

Oh yeah and BLASPHEMY! >:O

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
just lag i gusse happen 2 me before

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Samsara said:

I saw you were talking about BathRoom the third as soon as you mentioned RPG. StarCraft doesn't have that stain ;)

Evil Pan, double posting :p