Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters

Remiraz

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by AKA-47
U skip them in ur build order, but u need them later on. Zealots are used vs zerg no matter what he makes, vs terran siege tanks and also vs toss. U cant mass only goons and win.
True true...
I kind of missed that one, kekeke.

PsYcHoTiC

Premium Member
Reaction score
The reason I chose reaver/dropship INSTEAD OF archon/arbiter is because reavers are wayyyyy cheaper than archons
That's not totally true, archons may take longer to build, but pricewise, they aren't too different. Reaver = 200/100 + at least 5 scarabs making it 260/100. A templar is 100/300, which is only a 40 resource difference. Although people consider gas to be more precious then minerals, I usually find myself with an abundence of it.

only thing terrain that can stop it (scouts) is a shit load of missle turrets. and they are only good for one thing. and they dont move.
(sigh) I disagree with that as well, if you have time to train 60 scouts, a terran player will easily have time to train at least 24 Valks. The scouts will be destroyed in seconds. As for zerg, all they need is 12 devs, maybe plague if they desire it, and 24 hydras. The devs will fall quick, but not before givin every scout 9 corrosive spores. The hydras will then deal 15 or more damage per hit depending on upgrades, not to mention the scouts sluggish attack speed and maybe even plague. Everything in SC is counterable, just as long as you see it coming

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Golliaths, high templars, valks, goons and more. There are many counters for scouts. If u mass scouts then ull be scouted and dead before u get 10 of them.

And turrets dont move? Whell so what! They only cost 75 minerals, in TvT i build them all over the map to scout and shoot down unexpecting dropships, and in TvP i probarbly build 10-20 turrets in a tank push. They should also be placed around ur workers to protect from drops.

Richochet

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I think Dragoons, and High templars are the best.....I find I use them mostly, dragoons work well on almost anything, while High's can take groups with ease. DTS are also quite usefull if your quick on the ball...

lordson

Member!
Reaction score
Australia, Melbourne Rules Sydney is a hole
im gonna sound like atotal newb here
(im not that bad)

how do i use shiled batteries?
i dont seem to get them to work
even if the shiel battery is really clsoe to the damged pylon
i press recharged shieled and click on the pylon
but that does nothing

can one of you guyz enlighten me?

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Shield batteries dont work on buildings. Select a shield battery, select recharge shields and click on the ground nearby units with low shields. Then all the units with damaged shields will run over to the battery and get their shields recharged.

Azncraftboi

Member!
Reaction score
Website
geocities.com
DRAGOON = BEST!

The Dragoon is the best unit overall because it can attack both ground and air :D
THE DRAGOON ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Except that it attacks very slow and it's attack isn't very high... :p

Raccoon

Post Djinn
Reaction score
Now that would be cool if the Shield Battery healed buidings... but it would make it too cheap, just surround a building with them, if the enemy attacks a Shield Battery, just use another Shield Battery to heal it... :p

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Shield batteries run out of energy, but it would still be overpowered. It would make cannons too strong, and it would also make nexuses last far longer than CCs and hatcheries.

Raccoon

Post Djinn
Reaction score
But Shields are weak and CCs can float away. Hactheries are cheaper.. maybe Protoss needs some copendsation*. :D

*How do you spell that correctly?

Raccoon

Post Djinn
Reaction score
I know that. But are the Command Centers, Nexuses, and Hatcheries balanced aswell?

shrimpshark

Member!
Reaction score
thay all have there own usage like the cc floating and the hatury being able to birth all units!

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Actually, most players agree that zerg has an edge over toss. As for workers, they are spread out on hunters because there are too many mineral patches next to each other there. Ladder maps require more economical management.

shrimpshark

Member!
Reaction score
cc are good becouse of floating but the toss fall short having no real addons

H

hockeyfeva

Zealots are prob the fastest attacking unit. I've won quite a few games with Zealots.