• Reaver

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters

firebat451

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yeah the rever is cool but a small air force can take them out in no time. And the dark archon is cool to mind control other people's drones or scvs but that takes so long it isn't worth it. I have to say the high templar and I'll tell you why. I was playing an 8 player lan game at my house and we were all toss. Me and a friend of mine were allied against all others. We knew we would win so we waited for them to attack. When they did they came with 24 cariers each. A few dozzin psi storms and all the attackers were dead in a matter of seconds. To reiderate. 144 cariers dead in seconds.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
ya see you over look the dark archon. i build them in every game even if i dont intend to use em. ok listen. why go after a drone or scv or probe. what for a few new unitS? it will take forever. no i use the dark archon as a defense unit. if ever im attacked i use em. i build like 100 probes. i send archons to all my expansions and don't build any unit but dark archon. when the enemy came at me with 12 carriers i had about 7 dark archons when he attacked. with out wasting any minerals on the carriers i got 7 of them. next he had zealots and a couple goons attack me. the carriers i stole and the archons just got rid of em. he came at me repeatedly. i meanwhile cept on building dark archons and using his own units against him. but cause i use terran i truely dont know the weakness and stuff to this strategy and since skuzzy is so great at combating everything i post ill leave it here.

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
I'm probably gonna have to go with reaver also. Just because it's great for base drops. The archon is also good at base drops, but recentely, I was playing 1v7comp (yes, I still play melee, just not on bnet, heh) and I put two reavers into one of the computers under-developed bases. They not only took out all the probes, but they also took out 5 zealots & 4 hydras and a dragoon. Granted, all these guys attacked 1-2 at a time, but still. An archon couldn't have done this. Anyways, the reaver isn't much good without dropships, so just like Archon + Arbiter is a good combo, so is Reaver + Dropship. The reason I chose reaver/dropship INSTEAD OF archon/arbiter is because reavers are wayyyyy cheaper than archons... and dropships+reavers can be made pretty easy & using the same building. I could go on forever about the other ground units. Basically, they are all good... but, in my experiences, reaver has made more people quit than any other unit :) One time, I remember playing 2v2v2v2. I dropped a reaver in his base and killed like 40 probes in one shot. It was a 1 mineral map (IE: only one mineral place to mine). The guy quit right away. Me and my partner went on to lose that game (lol) cause I was protoss... dont remember why I was protoss, guess I left random on. I cant play protoss/terran for shit :/

Xel

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i llike dark templars ther cool cloaked for life and good againts terrans if they have no detectors yet comps never have miswsle turrets so a bunch of darkies are good againts them and zergs not to much but in ur base with dark temps no zerg can harm you

X NEO +

Member!
Reaction score
Dragoons are strong ground units. I don't play a lot with Protoss but when I do, I usually use Zealot rush and I never stop to attack then I send in some Dragoons and kill everything with them. Dragoons deal 20 damage, not upgraded, and they don't cost a lot. Dragoons are better than Scouts or Carriers since Carriers cost 350 minerals and 250 gas and need to build Interceptors, each 50 minerals, the total cost of a Carrier is 750 minerals and 250 gas with 8 Interceptors, without rebuilding some Interceptors, while 3 Dragoons can take out a single Carrier. The total cost of 3 Dragoons is 375 minerals and 150 gas, which is half mineral cost and less for gas. Dragoons might have a weakness against Zerglings but they are, as I know, the best ground Protoss unit since they can attack air, they are cheap, they have a good speed of movement, they can shoot far, they can deal a lot of damage and they have enough HP to last the entire game with 96 Dragoons.

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Originally posted by BigTymer[Frog]
1 mineral patch? what u mean like a nice money map? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yep. I kinda stopped playing them though... the computers always mess up and stop mining. BGH is better. I'd play ladder, except 1v3 cpu is too easy, I enjoy 1v7 cpu, even though alot of times i'll get raped off the bat.

Xel

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i like 3 vs5 its easy but ladders im kinda bad and i dont like the building thing kinda ennoying soem people hack in those so i dont play em at all

X NEO +

Member!
Reaction score
I don't play ladder but I play ladder maps. I wish Blizzard continue working on StarCraft! They totally messed up Warcraft 3 because there's no strategy! If you make a lot of Wyverns, you're sure to win. If you make a lot of Steam Tanks while your ally makes a lot of Wyverns, you're sure to win! Excuse me but Warcraft 3 sucks. It's completly messed up. If they could make new ladder maps for StarCraft or if we could! For example, every map containing more than 13 mineral patches around the start location couldn't be a ladder map. Well... you all know what makes the difference between a ladder map and non-ladder. Anyways, I'm off for today! Bye everyone.

= Go Dragoons! =

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
High Templars. Not only does their Hallucination spell hide the true number of your troops when you Hallucinate some Shuttles during a drop, it also has the spell Psionic Storm, which not only annihilates most Zerg units, all Terran infantry, and weaken Protoss units, it also unmasks Hallucinated units. Then, when your desperate for troops, group two HTs together and get the massive Archon.

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Originally posted by AmericanPsych0
High Templars. Not only does their Hallucination spell hide the true number of your troops when you Hallucinate some Shuttles during a drop, it also has the spell Psionic Storm, which not only annihilates most Zerg units, all Terran infantry, and weaken Protoss units, it also unmasks Hallucinated units. Then, when your desperate for troops, group two HTs together and get the massive Archon.
Plague also unmasks hallucinations as well as arbiter's freeze. Temps are good but they cost alot, are very weak and have no attack ability besides storm. And they are tricky to use.

Remiraz

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have yet to see a pro game where the winning Protoss player have not used High Templars to greatly shift the flow of the game.

Isn't that enough said??

Aris

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
high templars and their psi storm is about the only thing that has ever stopped my 5 presets of fully upgraded scouts.

plague doesnt cut the shields from zerg. and shield batteries will keep their shields nice and up to spec.

only thing terrain that can stop it is a shit load of missle turrets. and they are only good for one thing. and they dont move.

only bad thing about high templars is you have to highlight them individually and make them cast psi storm. if only they had an "auto cast" ability. god they would own.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Zealots are needed in every MU, so ill have to go with them.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
U skip them in ur build order, but u need them later on. Zealots are used vs zerg no matter what he makes, vs terran siege tanks and also vs toss. U cant mass only goons and win.